Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-23-2014, 10:58 AM

4,749 posts, read 4,320,502 times

Advertisements

They're afraid because of how accurate it is.

I'm an Aries.

Old 12-23-2014, 11:24 AM

20,550 posts, read 17,683,966 times
Don't play into the astrology details too much. I once went to an astrology meet and decided that I want to meet people that are most compatible with my sign. Surely enough I found a lot of people that would love to be around with but after awhile I realize how different we are and that too much of a good thing can be also bad.

I met a girl who was the same sign as myself and we hit it off so well that she probably would say Yes if I asked her to marry me. But once I got to know her I realized we can't be together. She already has someone and she has a kid with that person but she's willing to do something about her current relationship.

The point is that even though we hit it off really well and possibly could be soul mates but I can't disregard her past and other issues. We as adults can't just use compatibility as an excuse to be with someone. As mature adults you have to factor in other things.

I don't want to become a step dad or suddenly get into a love triangle etc.

However astrology is a good tool to evaluate and form an opinion about someone.

Old 12-23-2014, 06:31 PM

16,077 posts, read 28,545,163 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lacerta View Post
I have no interest in even a free reading.

My husband would be another. He's a Taurus male, and while a couple of the items on the list given were true, most were not. For example, he is the least "neat and orderly" person I know. And at 6'5" nothing about him could be called "delicate", including his hands, which are big, scarred and calloused. He has absolutely no artistic talent (or interest) in any field, either, and has no interest whatsoever in poetry or anything musical other than listening. He's gentle now, after we've been married for a long time, but when we started dating, he had a bit of a temper problem. So he doesn't match much on the list.

Most people don't, its viewed as entertainment, actually, Tarot draws more interest imo.

Taurus is a sweet soul ruled by Venus, they're very earthy, but they do have a taste for refinement, could be as simple as clothing choice or labels or expensive wine and beer and food. I've known many, family and particularly work environments. Their temper can flair up at the snap of finger, out of no where. They don't give in easily either and hold a grudge. When I first started working in the rental industry my property manager, a Taurus, literally swooped her hand across her desk clearing everything, why, someone brought her the wrong brand of potato chips for lunch.

Old 12-23-2014, 08:00 PM

23,209 posts, read 29,018,601 times
I've never looked at Leo with the wandering eye, perhaps so, but if you're looking for the most loyal and dedicated partner, without fear of ever losing them, then Fixed signs (Aquarius/Leo/Scorpio/Taurus) are the route to go, the more fixed signs the more loyal. Problem is, when you want to dispose of them, your hints will be ignored. The nature of Fixed is to avoid changes, even if they're in the most masochistic relationship/marriage! Anything to avoid changes!

Even those with the most wandering eyes (Sagittarius/Gemini), if the rest of the chart is stocked with Fixed signs, yes, they may cave in to a secret affair, but they'll hang in there!

Contrarily, you can have someone with a Fixed sun sign, with rest of the chart Mutable (Gemini/Sagittarius/Pisces/Virgo) and you'll have far less loyalty and dedication, or none at all!

Yes, I understand why Astrology is so confusing to so many people and they so quickly run from it.

I will never argue, Sagittarius, standing alone, has been rated the most promiscuous sign of the zodiac, and go look at their symbol, the horsey hunter with the bow and arrow! And let's not overlook the consequences of Projection! This results from a woman constantly complaining: every man I've ever been involved with has cheated on me! Hmmm....... Go peek at that woman's chart sometime and what shall you see?

From my own experience, those that take to Astrology more quickly, more naturally, have to do with Aries, Pisces, Scorpio, and we're not talking just sun sign here! It takes Scorpio a bit longer as this is the sign of: no stone left unturned! The quickest learners I'll associate with Moons in either Pisces or Aries, due to their abundance of intuition.

Old 12-23-2014, 08:25 PM

23,209 posts, read 29,018,601 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lacerta View Post
I have no interest in even a free reading. I'm not scared, and if you wanted to waste your time and do one, that's fine. I'll even read the results. But I give no credibility to the results, and can tell you already that some items would be right (ooh, eerie) and some would be wrong. That's how they all are. They are generic enough and hit enough different topics that something always strikes a chord as "correct" with everyone.
There are those who may see their chart the first time, and have it interpreted, and it will be largely foreign to them, particularly if you were a victim of strong parental influence or brainwashing. An astrologer reads a chart of a Muslim woman, and he/she points out promiscuous tendencies, or the potential for being an atheist.

I recently read the bio's of some of our older Titans (Andrew Mellon/Henry Ford/John D. Rockefeller) with their charts at hand. With the exception of Henry Ford, I was continually confused reading of the other 2, and frustrated. I had been told the charts of famous people on Astrotheme weren't the most reliable, as for time of birth, so I got yet another chart from Astrodienst, which is supposedly more accurate. In both cases, charts were identical. More frustration! I was continually looking for the behavior I would expect from these 2 charts, and it didn't materialize until the latter part of their lives!

Both John D Rockefeller and Andrew Mellon were thoroughly brain-washed during their childhood by their parents. Andrew Mellon's father even built a school on his property with an education custom-designed for his sons, business courses to make money, and more money and more money, and they all became millionaires!

But once the money was made, aha! Their charts finally came to life! Despite Rockefeller's strict religious training, he became a dirty old man in his older years! And his kids were shocked! Shocked, that he finally was able to be himself?

Old 12-23-2014, 08:37 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,838,486 times
Not afraid of it, I'm actually interested in it.Many things are true about my sign and my moon sign doesn't take any crap.lol!

Old 12-24-2014, 03:57 PM

11,523 posts, read 14,646,108 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by virgode View Post
Most people don't, its viewed as entertainment, actually, Tarot draws more interest imo.

Taurus is a sweet soul ruled by Venus, they're very earthy, but they do have a taste for refinement, could be as simple as clothing choice or labels or expensive wine and beer and food. I've known many, family and particularly work environments. Their temper can flair up at the snap of finger, out of no where. They don't give in easily either and hold a grudge. When I first started working in the rental industry my property manager, a Taurus, literally swooped her hand across her desk clearing everything, why, someone brought her the wrong brand of potato chips for lunch.
Hehe. Lesson is clear not to come between a Taurus and his/her food! I know when I'm hungry, I do get more bullish. And, although my temper flaring up happens infrequently, it does tend to clear a room pretty fast.

Old 12-25-2014, 10:14 AM

3,751 posts, read 7,668,835 times
Quote:
As much as I love tarot, I don't think it beats out astrology; as far as who is interested in it in general.
If counting those who take the dive and are in it for serious study.... It may be really close, but I think Astrology still beats tarot.
Now I am totally curious on what those numbers are!

Quote:
When I get past 'getting to know' a Taurus and they have become a good friend, I ask them, 'Do you see red when angry?'
I had honestly thought that this was just an expression, but when I was early in my studies a dear friend who was a Taurus told of an experience he had.
He does not remember the fight, he was sober, but another guy got him so mad that all he remembered was everything turning red.
So when I as a Taurus this, most say that they do. It takes an extreme case of anger, but there is that 'red cape' that eventual comes out when taunted.

That is really (amusing) interesting about the food. I am roughly 2/3 earth in my whole chart but lack any Taurus, and Venus is in Scorpio, my second house is Libra.
I am a very mellow, easy going person. However, it is noticeable enough to me that I have come to warn others; the sure-ist way to **** me off....mess with my food.
And it goes beyond that even. I am particular about how I eat as well. My husband was teasing me about how I eat, to a (Taurus) friend so she watched me the next time we ate. Towards the end of my meal (last one to finish) she started to giggle and said to hubs, 'She is very systematic in how she eats.'

I would not call any of the earth signs as easy to anger or overly aggressive in that way, no anger problems usually. But oh boy, when they do blow....look out! It appears to come out of nowhere. It is usually for a very valid reason- but sometimes it can be about the wrong kind of chips.

Old 12-25-2014, 05:02 PM

16,077 posts, read 28,545,163 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nanny Goat View Post
Hehe. Lesson is clear not to come between a Taurus and his/her food! I know when I'm hungry, I do get more bullish. And, although my temper flaring up happens infrequently, it does tend to clear a room pretty fast.
lols...You bet it does, they burn slow but erupts in volcanic proportions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OwlKaMyst View Post
As much as I love tarot, I don't think it beats out astrology; as far as who is interested in it in general.
If counting those who take the dive and are in it for serious study.... It may be really close, but I think Astrology still beats tarot.
Now I am totally curious on what those numbers are!

That is really (amusing) interesting about the food. I am roughly 2/3 earth in my whole chart but lack any Taurus, and Venus is in Scorpio, my second house is Libra.
I am a very mellow, easy going person. However, it is noticeable enough to me that I have come to warn others; the sure-ist way to **** me off....mess with my food.
And it goes beyond that even. I am particular about how I eat as well. My husband was teasing me about how I eat, to a (Taurus) friend so she watched me the next time we ate. Towards the end of my meal (last one to finish) she started to giggle and said to hubs, 'She is very systematic in how she eats.'

I would not call any of the earth signs as easy to anger or overly aggressive in that way, no anger problems usually. But oh boy, when they do blow....look out! It appears to come out of nowhere. It is usually for a very valid reason- but sometimes it can be about the wrong kind of chips.
I'm speaking more to general interest astrology vs tarot, not serious interest.

As a Virgo, with Taurus Moon, I attribute most of my pickiness of food to Sun sign. I've always been this way. Its not from lack of exposure, I've eaten every where from dive diners to fine dining. At home, theres no variety, I can eat the same menu of food everyday...yeah boring. Its always noticeably slow and systematic.

Old 12-25-2014, 06:49 PM

2,438 posts, read 2,808,550 times
Quote:

Property managers have a detailed/stressful job so.. it was a bad day, or someone wasn't paying attention. The chips were just an example of someone not following through from some previous arrangemnt or some situation was off by a time factor. I can clear a room as well and pretty quickly but it wouldn't be about a bag of chips. She personally needs to remove herself from a situation long enough to get her own chips is all or the people around her are making her job more difficult to where she can't leave.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal