U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-26-2014, 09:22 PM

29,144 posts, read 28,175,026 times

Advertisements

I don't know. My mother swears that she levitated when she was about three years old. I think that she was dreaming.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-27-2014, 12:43 AM

15,598 posts, read 36,484,304 times
According to the books "Life and Teaching of the Masters of the Far East" there were/are plenty of real people that could/can levitate. Jesus being one of them. The author of these books witnessed it first hand on numerous occasions.

Old 12-27-2014, 03:18 PM

5,783 posts, read 4,499,383 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumpino View Post

What about .....
Note that he asks the interviewer to back off - supposedly so he doesn't interfere with the "energy". Also, when the monk first starts to levitate, he rocks back and forth; maybe moving himself onto on a platform extruded from behind the curtains. I find it hard to convince myself that this isn't a clever trick.

Old 12-27-2014, 04:36 PM

17,791 posts, read 14,079,600 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vasily View Post
Note that he asks the interviewer to back off - supposedly so he doesn't interfere with the "energy". Also, when the monk first starts to levitate, he rocks back and forth; maybe moving himself onto on a platform extruded from behind the curtains. I find it hard to convince myself that this isn't a clever trick.
I just find it funny that if people could levitate; why don't they simply fly? What good does it do to only go up one foot high? You might as well get out your magic carpet and circle the city.

Whether it is ropes/cables, hydraulics, or raising platforms; it doesn't make any difference. The act doesn't go far enough to convert believers. Unless they could take it on the road and let us all feel around to see if there are any props in play.

Old 12-27-2014, 06:11 PM

2,322 posts, read 2,020,557 times
never believe anything you see .. and even less of what you hear ..

Old 12-28-2014, 12:00 AM

48 posts, read 28,597 times
Meditation Dangers: Things You Should Know and Prepare For - Simona Rich
Meditation Danger #2: Developing supernatural powers
If you meditate for some years (or if you meditated in past lives,
then this can happen very fast), you’re likely to develop some
supernatural powers...............................

So, yogis do not use siddhi = supernatural powers. Siddhis are regarded as an obstacle.
And obtain real siddhis could take a years of meditations.

Old 12-28-2014, 06:31 AM

3 posts, read 1,499 times
I've seen someone do it....it was a VERY weird, experience. I was standing not 2' from him when he did it and there was NOTHING, nothing that explains what I saw other than the guy just levitated, he came up maybe 3-4" off the ground he'd been standing on, hovered for about 5 seconds and then dropped back to the ground. There was nothing he could have been holding onto and he was holding his arms tight against his body anyway. He simply came up off the ground, it was the damnedest thing I've ever seen in my life.

It appeared that is was a huge effort for him to hover a few inches in the air for a few seconds, he was sweaty and sounded winded afterwards.

Turns out the guy is mentally ill, and he is also pretty devious and unkind. I don't know how to explain it, a lot of SUPER weird stuff happened while I was friends with him and in regular contact with him.

Old 12-28-2014, 09:49 AM

10,847 posts, read 8,869,717 times
There's a lot of problems with the video because the shoot keeps jumping around and tries to keep the viewer from focusing on the levitation. It's an old magic trick to distract the audience so they can't see the sleight of hand.

He also appeared to be controlling something with his right hand. His positioning in a half-circle of candles casts shadows behind him so that you can't see if you using some device to lift himself.

But the extreme amount of jumping around on the filming should make one very skeptical. It's like talking to a liar who keeps changing things around, talking fast, and prevents the listerner from focusing on the validity of his statements.

Old 12-28-2014, 10:59 AM

5,783 posts, read 4,499,383 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LibertyUnderpants View Post
It appeared that is was a huge effort for him to hover a few inches in the air for a few seconds, he was sweaty and sounded winded afterwards.
Assuming he really levitated (the rest of us weren't there and there's no video to deconstruct) it's not surprising he was sweaty and winded since that would be equivalent to bench pressing his body weight.

Old 12-31-2014, 08:08 AM
mzd

419 posts, read 811,112 times
It's easy for me to levitate, after I've had a few beers.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal