U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-21-2015, 02:35 PM

5,267 posts, read 4,478,570 times

Advertisements

Someone asked but AH did not reply, did you find an empty glass in the sink or anywhere around the room? If you sleepwalked, the glass would be around.

re: condensation from the a/c, AH stated that the tv cabinet has a top shelf, that would have blocked dripping from above I would think.

We had a stain that kept appearing at the very apex of our vaulted ceiling along a beam and we immediately thought "roof leak", but after examining the attic and the small cavity above the beam there was no staining and no moisture even during several days of rain. We would seal it with Kilz and repaint several coats and it would reappear months later. We never did figure it out.

Sorry about your laptop AH.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-21-2015, 04:08 PM

20,931 posts, read 21,093,410 times
sleep whizzing

Old 01-22-2019, 09:20 PM

1 posts, read 134 times
Default Unexplained water in my house too!

I couldn't sleep because of the water incident that had happened in my house earlier that day so I googled "Water appearing out of nowhere" and found your post. This is the strangest thing. I was in my dining room doing my studies, using my printer and had to go out to the store and I was gone maybe two hours. I picked up my hubby on the way home and dropped him off at the house. I came in and didn't notice anything so I left again (leaving my hubby on the couch which was where he was when I got back) and returned about an hour later. When I came in I saw water dripping off the small desk which holds my printer the lower shelf. The water was on the floor to the right of the desk. It was on top, like someone poured a full glass of water on top of it. My camera pod, that hand held thing that holds your phone to do videos had water on the sides of it but not on top, I had a brown piece of contraction paper that was taped down on the surface of the desk because it had a stick surface, it was all wet and water had dripped down and sprinkled my printer. I have a small ceramic cup that holds pens and I took the pens out that were wet and in the cup was at least 3/4 of an inch or more of water was in the cup. The weirdest part of all of this is the picture that I printed from my printer, an 8 x 10, was taped to the wall right under the mirror that was hanging above the desk. The paper picture was all wet and when I took it off the wall, only the picture was wet, just drops of water from the picture were dripping down the wall. There wasn't any other water that was on the wall that should have dripped down to the baseboard and the floor. It was like the printed picture was sponged till it was sopping. I asked my hubby, who was on the couch if he knew what had happened. He didn't even know it was there. I had to point it out to him. This was the strangest thing. I searched my house before I went to sleep to make sure nobody was hiding in a closet or something. I looked for a glass, other splashes of water, grilled my husband over and over. There is no trace of how this could have happened. Thats the story and I was more surprised to find that this has happened to others.

Old 01-23-2019, 07:12 AM

13,992 posts, read 11,112,473 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carol Rose View Post
I couldn't sleep because of the water incident that had happened in my house earlier that day so I googled "Water appearing out of nowhere" and found your post. This is the strangest thing. I was in my dining room doing my studies, using my printer and had to go out to the store and I was gone maybe two hours. I picked up my hubby on the way home and dropped him off at the house. I came in and didn't notice anything so I left again (leaving my hubby on the couch which was where he was when I got back) and returned about an hour later. When I came in I saw water dripping off the small desk which holds my printer the lower shelf. The water was on the floor to the right of the desk. It was on top, like someone poured a full glass of water on top of it. My camera pod, that hand held thing that holds your phone to do videos had water on the sides of it but not on top, I had a brown piece of contraction paper that was taped down on the surface of the desk because it had a stick surface, it was all wet and water had dripped down and sprinkled my printer. I have a small ceramic cup that holds pens and I took the pens out that were wet and in the cup was at least 3/4 of an inch or more of water was in the cup. The weirdest part of all of this is the picture that I printed from my printer, an 8 x 10, was taped to the wall right under the mirror that was hanging above the desk. The paper picture was all wet and when I took it off the wall, only the picture was wet, just drops of water from the picture were dripping down the wall. There wasn't any other water that was on the wall that should have dripped down to the baseboard and the floor. It was like the printed picture was sponged till it was sopping. I asked my hubby, who was on the couch if he knew what had happened. He didn't even know it was there. I had to point it out to him. This was the strangest thing. I searched my house before I went to sleep to make sure nobody was hiding in a closet or something. I looked for a glass, other splashes of water, grilled my husband over and over. There is no trace of how this could have happened. Thats the story and I was more surprised to find that this has happened to others.
Do you live in an area that recently had snow? Sometimes, if you have snow on your roof, ice dams can form where the unheated roof, over the soffits, meets the partially heated roof over the rest of the house. When that happens it will back up water under the roof shingles. Sometimes, depending on the weather, those dams can clear themselves and sometimes they have to be physically removed. Homeowners can install or have installed heat tapes so that will not longer be a problem. Check the celling over that picture and your desk to see if there are any signs of water. Sometime you can spot discoloration around the nails or screws holding up the sheetrock; they will start to rust if exposed to moisture and the rust will bleed through the spackling.

That is one possibility and the other one could be that your husband did something that caused that water? Maybe he did not even realize what he did? Or, maybe he was guilty of doing something and did not want to claim ownership?

Old Yesterday, 03:20 AM

4 posts, read 160 times
Default Water on my desk

Hi everyone, I just created an account here because I Googled my experience and only found this forum. I am writing this because I found no explanation and it drives me crazy.

So I woke up this morning and after I made the coffee, went to my work room to start the computer for work. I turn on the lights and found my entire desk covered in water. Imagine 2 big cups of water poured on the desk. The keyboard was almost floating in it.

- near the desk I have a compact radiator so I took a napkin and checked the entire thing, the napkin was dry. Not to mention that radiator is closed.
- looked on the ceiling and is dry.
- I never keep cups or bottles of water on my desk but I looked for an empty glass or something thinking I forgot = none.
- I have a cat and thought it peed (she never did that but in her litter) but is clean water, smelled it even taste it.
- got a flashlight and inspected the walls and under the desk and everything is dry.
- the top of all the objects on my desk is dry so no signs of splashes and wet anywhere.
- I even checked the cat to see if she is wet and nothing + her water bowl is almost filled like in the evening
- the window is far from the desk and it was closed
- no plants on my desk or any other thing that can leak water

I don't understand at all an I am trying to forget it because is kinda driving me insane. Anyone else had this?

Sorry for my English, not my main language.

Old Yesterday, 06:27 AM

13,992 posts, read 11,112,473 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by random_dude View Post
Hi everyone, I just created an account here because I Googled my experience and only found this forum. I am writing this because I found no explanation and it drives me crazy.

So I woke up this morning and after I made the coffee, went to my work room to start the computer for work. I turn on the lights and found my entire desk covered in water. Imagine 2 big cups of water poured on the desk. The keyboard was almost floating in it.

- near the desk I have a compact radiator so I took a napkin and checked the entire thing, the napkin was dry. Not to mention that radiator is closed.
- looked on the ceiling and is dry.
- I never keep cups or bottles of water on my desk but I looked for an empty glass or something thinking I forgot = none.
- I have a cat and thought it peed (she never did that but in her litter) but is clean water, smelled it even taste it.
- got a flashlight and inspected the walls and under the desk and everything is dry.
- the top of all the objects on my desk is dry so no signs of splashes and wet anywhere.
- I even checked the cat to see if she is wet and nothing + her water bowl is almost filled like in the evening
- the window is far from the desk and it was closed
- no plants on my desk or any other thing that can leak water

I don't understand at all an I am trying to forget it because is kinda driving me insane. Anyone else had this?

Sorry for my English, not my main language.
Your English is great; better than some of us that try to use our own language!

Do you have any nearby pipes? Is there a kitchen or bathrooms over your work area? Do you have any ducting over your work area. There are many plumbing problems that could account for the water. Is it cold where you live? Sometimes duct work can sweat from the humidity in the house or in a bathroom? I am just saying to look for all possible logical solutions first. If you overlook a leaking pipe or leaking roof it could cause serious problems later.

Old Yesterday, 07:10 AM

2,311 posts, read 813,674 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by random_dude View Post
. it drives me crazy.

Is that a drive or just a short walk?

"Once you eliminate the impossible, then whatever is left, no matter how improbable, is the explanation."-- Sherlock Holmes

"If it really is supernatural, then I can be of no help." --Sherlock Holmes.

-Let's immediately discount the supernatural.

-Let's agree your observations about no apparent inorganic source of water (no leaking ceilings, no open windows for rain to enter, no nearby pipes, etc) is accurate.

-Then water must have been carried in and spilled by some person or animal....We'll eliminate a capricious prowler as a possibility, assume you live alone, and do not sleep walk (?sleep spill).

That leaves the cat-- animals well known to mark their territories by rubbing their facial oil glands or urinating on things. Domestic cats often turn, raise their tails and act as if they're spraying like their wild cousins without actually spraying...Sometimes they do let loose, particularly if they have one of their not uncommon urinary infections or stones....the fact that you did not feel any wetness on the cat is immaterial-- they usually don't feel wet after urination, and they are made up 70% of water, so it needn't have lowered its drinking bowl to achieve the result.

Old Yesterday, 07:26 AM

4 posts, read 160 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fisheye View Post
...look for all possible logical solutions first...
Hi and thank you for your reply. Yes that is what I am trying to do. I just worry not to have my things ruined because I need them for work.

I am living in an apartment building, 4th floor and I have neighbors above and below and no pipes around. These are standard flats with pipes going through walls. I see nowhere a wet spot or something otherwise I would have called the administration to fix it.

It snowed here last night, just a little, the window was closed and there is warm in the apartment. I was thinking about dampness or moisture because the temperature difference or something but is not possible, I mean there was just too much water and around the window everything is dry. And dampness is a wall problem not...the middle of my desk.

I was so surprised by this that I rushed to get a towel and get the water off, I should have taken some pictures, will do this if it happens again.

Anyway I don't know what else to look for. This is some riddle...

Old Yesterday, 07:58 AM

4 posts, read 160 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by guidoLaMoto View Post
-Then water must have been carried in and spilled by some person or animal....We'll eliminate a capricious prowler as a possibility, assume you live alone, and do not sleep walk (?sleep spill).

That leaves the cat....
Love your thinking!

I had a male cat (tomcat?) once and I know those smells very well. Our cat is female and 6 years old, healthy and is not possible to leave so much water/pee after her.

Again, imagine 2 normal size cups of water. And it was clean water. Smelled it and taste it (yeah I even did that).

I was sleep walking at 5 (happened 4 or 5 times) and I did do things while at sleep, like open and close drawers and stuff but never this and never happened again since.

Then I'm not into paranormal stuff. If I'll ever hear someone talking about a ghost I would immediately ask about the context, light, smoke, optical illusions etc.

I guess I have to leave it at sleep walk? Really far-fetched for me but I don't have any other ideas. But one thing is for sure, this evening I will cover everything electrical with some plastic sheets before sleep.

I would have never imagined this. Crazy...

Old Yesterday, 09:05 AM

2,311 posts, read 813,674 times
[quote=random_dude;54419815]. is not possible to leave so much water/pee after her.

Again, imagine 2 normal size cups of water. And it was clean water. Smelled it and taste it (yeah I even did that).

quote]

I think you're under-estimating your cat. How big are those dried clumps of urine in the litter box? Imagine if they weren't all sucked into a small volume by the litter.

A copious urination would probably be quite dilute and tasteless...Tasting urine was common by ancient physicians --- diabetes mellitus = sweet urine; diabetes insipidus = tasteless urine

You presumably spend a good deal of time at your computer (while ignoring your jealous cat) so it would be an obvious target for her to claim as her own.

The only other logical explanation is space aliens.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or