U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old Yesterday, 10:01 AM

4 posts, read 160 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by guidoLaMoto View Post
I think you're under-estimating your cat. How big are those dried clumps of urine in the litter box? Imagine if they weren't all sucked into a small volume by the litter.
No, c'mon that was not pee. I know pee, I have never seen animal or human pee as pure transparent and odorless and... it was water.

I go with sleep walk than pee.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old Today, 04:46 AM

2,311 posts, read 813,674 times
Have it your way.

There's a lump of dried urine in my cat's litter box right now that's ~ 10cm x 8cm x 3 cm-- volume 240cc.
If that were liquid spread out in a round puddle 1mm (0.1cm) deep, that would be a circle covering an area of 2400 cm^2-- with diameter ~27 cm- or 54 cm wide (almost 2 ft across. If that lump were 1/2 sand and 1/2 urine, we're sill talking about a puddle ~30 cm across (1 ft).

Is it more likely the cat (cats well known to do such things) or that sleep walked (haven't done that in decades) and spilled? Found any empty glasses around the next morning?

Sorry if I seem to be harping, but this is such a good exercise in deductive reasoning.

Old Today, 05:23 PM

11,242 posts, read 4,550,521 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by guidoLaMoto View Post
Have it your way.

There's a lump of dried urine in my cat's litter box right now that's ~ 10cm x 8cm x 3 cm-- volume 240cc.
If that were liquid spread out in a round puddle 1mm (0.1cm) deep, that would be a circle covering an area of 2400 cm^2-- with diameter ~27 cm- or 54 cm wide (almost 2 ft across. If that lump were 1/2 sand and 1/2 urine, we're sill talking about a puddle ~30 cm across (1 ft).

Is it more likely the cat (cats well known to do such things) or that sleep walked (haven't done that in decades) and spilled? Found any empty glasses around the next morning?

Sorry if I seem to be harping, but this is such a good exercise in deductive reasoning.
Did you ever notice how much cat pee stinks? It smells much worse than dog pee or human pee. Litter absorbs much of it's smell. If it were cat pee, you'd know it from across the room.

Last edited by marino760; Today at 06:05 PM..

Old Today, 06:36 PM

771 posts, read 106,589 times
Well, water is always present in the air, so somehow it condensed so didn't come from "nowhere". The question now becomes to find out what the mechanism behind it condensing in that particular area would have been.

Old Today, 08:19 PM

13,992 posts, read 11,112,473 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eman Resu VIII View Post
Well, water is always present in the air, so somehow it condensed so didn't come from "nowhere". The question now becomes to find out what the mechanism behind it condensing in that particular area would have been.
As far as condensing: Sometimes, in the colder months, older bathroom fans will condense the air into water. It all depends on where it is vented and if they used insulated ducting. The fans are supposed to vent through the roof to the outside; but some contractors could have vented them into the attic or the old tape holding flexible conduit could have failed. Anyway, it is one thing that should be considered in the colder months with mysterious water drops.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or