U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-28-2014, 02:02 AM

1 posts, read 7,009 times

Advertisements

Ok, so I have a TV unit that has a "lid" basically, it's not a TV sitting on a table. Next to the television I had my laptop, a Mac if anyone wants to know. Below this section is the slots where the DVD player is meant to go, and directly beneath the laptop in this slot is my Xbox. On top of the TV unit, I have Christmas cards and other ornaments, etc. So I come home from a house party and go straight to bed. I am religious about locking the front door, and know for a fact that it was locked. When I woke up that afternoon, my laptop is wet, like there is a puddle of water on and surrounding my laptop, a few splashes of water on the right corner of the TV, which is right next to the laptop, and the front of the Xbox had splashes of water on it also. Here's where it gets weird. There were no glasses of water, or empty glasses around at all. No water bottles, not that I would have put them there anyway. The ceiling was bone dry. I repeat: bone dry. Plus, there were no stains where water would have made a mark either. The top of the TV unit, which I would assume would have also been wet if the next shelf down holding the TV was, was also bone dry. The Christmas cards and the ornaments I had on top of the TV unit were also bone dry with no signs of water damage. The carpet was also bone dry. It literally looked like someone had emptied a glass of water onto my laptop and left. I do have a kitten, but I smelled, touched, and I will admit, tasted this liquid, and I am one hundred percent sure it is water, not cat pee. Also, there was nothing lying around that he could have knocked over. My wallet, which was on the kitchen bench as soon as you walk in was untouched, my safe and jar of coins in my bedroom was untouched, as was the safe and jar of coins in my girlfriend's room. Basically, nothing was missing.

My balcony door was open, but I live in an apartment building that is secure entry, you have to buzz to get into the lobby and you have to buzz again to use the elevator. I live on the second floor, but from the ground level, it is about three floors up. Basically, it would be very, very hard to climb to my balcony from the ground. PLUS, my balcony faces a courtyard, which also requires a buzzer to access. The gaps between the balconies are too far and even to get to the first balcony from the ground would be quite a feat. My balcony ledge does connect uninhibited with my neighbours' balconies, but, if this makes sense, the neighbours' balcony on our left side is about six metres away, and the neighbours on our right side could lean over and see into our balcony. The balcony itself is about 40cm wide and it is on a slant. I have locked myself out before and accessed my balcony from our right side neighbours' before. However, it is very dangerous and difficult to do so, and he expressed concern when I did it. Plus he is a really nice guy and I doubt he would climb into my apartment just to tip water on my laptop. Let's just say for a moment, he is that kind of person. I recently put tall, wooden, lattice-like things to block off both sides of my balcony, so that the kitten couldn't climb across and bother the neighbours. These "balcony-guards" are secured to the wall via two hooks, and stretch across the entire length of the balcony, so you would have to remove them to climb across to my balcony. I would say it would be near impossible to remove them from the neighbours' side of the balcony.

Also, the front door makes a very loud sound when it is closed when locked, and when I woke up, it was still locked.

I have absolutely no clue how on earth this water got on my laptop, I have thought of everything and it seems to have appeared from no where. It is especially annoying because my laptop no longer works, and neither does the brand-new Xbox sitting below it. The only logical solution I can think of is that I maybe slept-walked, poured a glass of water and emptied it on my laptop, returned it to the sink and went back to bed. However, I have never slept-walked before, especially not recently (confirmed by my girlfriend) and I personally think that is quite a complex and random thing to do. It is a brand new apartment and we are the first tenants, so I don't know about ghosts. Plus, my girlfriend is quite spiritual and insists she would have been able to sense a presence in the apartment if there was one, although she has been away for a week now.

The only weird thing I noticed was that the kitten has been playing with the bathroom drain. He takes the drain off and just stands and stares down the hole. My girlfriend reckons he plays with it all the time, but I think it's weird that he just stands and stares down it.

If anyone has had similar experiences or can provide some insight, I would love to know! I am usually a very skeptical person but now I am rather freaked out, and to be honest, quite scared to be in the apartment alone.

Cheers
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-28-2014, 02:20 AM

5,591 posts, read 2,718,695 times
Very strange. Was there an empty, used glass (or other container) in the kitchen sink?

Old 12-28-2014, 07:39 PM

10,638 posts, read 7,743,010 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AudreyHepburn View Post
Next to the television I had my laptop, a Mac if anyone wants to know. Below this section is the slots where the DVD player is meant to go, and directly beneath the laptop in this slot is my Xbox. On top of the TV unit, I have Christmas cards and other ornaments, etc. So I come home from a house party and go straight to bed. I am religious about locking the front door, and know for a fact that it was locked. When I woke up that afternoon, my laptop is wet, like there is a puddle of water on and surrounding my laptop, a few splashes of water on the right corner of the TV, which is right next to the laptop, and the front of the Xbox had splashes of water on it also.
Laptop condensation is a known occurrence and can especially be a problem with aluminum MacBook Pro's. If that's what you have, it's not unheard of for puddles to condense around and on them, and in some unfortunate cases inside them. It has to do with the difference in temp between the MacBook and the environment. You can google it. (Here, let me google it for you)

The splashes onto the tv and Xbox could have been caused by the kitten investigating the water. Many cats - including my senior cat - are fascinated by water.

Old 12-28-2014, 07:57 PM

11,642 posts, read 19,859,048 times
Ah, cats and drains.... they do love them. My kittens take it out of the tub and skitter it around the house.

Old 07-13-2015, 09:37 AM

1 posts, read 6,054 times
I had puddle of water appearing on me twice in different locations and countries with a 1 year interval, completely unexplainable from where the water came, i checked online and found many similar stories i suggest its not ur fault but smth is wrong, oh and in both cases after i found water bad things happened both actually wear near fatal.

Old 07-13-2015, 09:43 AM

13,744 posts, read 11,314,718 times
When you have a quarter spinning on your bedroom floor
at 4 am....let me know.

My friend gave up her sec dep and ran from the place,
sleeping with a cross on her chest...too many things to mention happened.

And she was NO new age person...an executive in Wash DC dating White House staffers/aids...personal assistants of the Sec of State.

Old 07-13-2015, 01:03 PM

1,080 posts, read 771,129 times
sure it's not cat urine?

Old 07-15-2015, 09:13 AM

4,103 posts, read 4,131,471 times
If it was under the air vent it could have been a condensation issue.

Old 07-15-2015, 11:47 AM

13,098 posts, read 18,814,586 times
kinda reminds me of this story:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H1ugTxhYuk4

Old 07-19-2015, 01:19 AM

3,109 posts, read 3,355,421 times
If you were sleep walking you wouldn't know it.

Did you ever come up with an explanation?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or