Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-01-2015, 04:08 PM

22,472 posts, read 11,998,943 times

Advertisements

In the non-romantic relationships forum, someone asked way a "soulful person" was. I found a description for them. Then someone asked about an old soul. I gave a brief description to them.

I have a grandchild that's an old soul. Before I met him in person, I saw a photo of him as a baby and my first thought was "He's an old soul." I never told anyone what I thought. When I showed his photo to a friend who is intuitive, her first comment was "He's an old soul".

I have a strong connection with him. In fact, when I went for a reading a few years ago with a medium, she told me that the grandson and I made a contract to be together in this lifetime and she sensed the connection I have with him. FWIW, I love all my grandkids and wouldn't trade them for anything in the world. Yet, my connection with him is different---if that makes any sense.

Anyone have stories to share?

ETA: I found this quiz that tells you if you are an old soul or not. Rather interesting...

http://www.gotoquiz.com/how_old_is_your_soul_1
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-01-2015, 04:30 PM

51,691 posts, read 15,694,782 times
According to the quiz I took I am a transcendent soul.

Old 01-01-2015, 04:32 PM

22,472 posts, read 11,998,943 times
The quiz told me that I was a "mature soul"

Old 01-01-2015, 04:48 PM

2,438 posts, read 2,810,979 times
Well, that time it wa an 88.

Transcendent Souls 67%

57%

Mature Souls

43%

Baby Souls

10%

Young Souls

I don't know that any old souls but I can usually spot them.

Old 01-01-2015, 04:56 PM

6,116 posts, read 4,608,458 times
Horray! I'm 91% transcendent!

To answer your title question, "Do you recognize old souls when you first see them?", although I have no way of knowing how they would do on this particular assessment, I think a way to determine that someone is not an old soul is if you just have a drained feeling by spending a short time around them. I think we most everyone can identify with that type of person.

Clues that someone is not an old soul include being very overbearing, loud/obnoxious without much substance, and you can't get a word in edgewise around them, exacerbating the fact that little to nothing they are saying seems to have much substance or depth. And it's not just one of these traits or someone occasionally being like this that is a tip-off (we all have our moments). It's when this vibe shows itself in their personalities most or all of the time.

Old 01-01-2015, 04:56 PM

857 posts, read 975,696 times
I rated a 91%, Transcendent Souls. I hope I get it right this time, because I sure as heck do not want to come back.

Old 01-01-2015, 06:59 PM

1,596 posts, read 2,059,032 times
I got a 90%, I'm a mature soul.

Old 01-01-2015, 07:21 PM

12,540 posts, read 2,138,683 times
I got transcendent!

Old 01-01-2015, 07:31 PM

318 posts, read 516,268 times
Default ~ A work in progress, it appears...~

88% -
"You're so evolved, you're not even here. Congratulations.
These are people who are on their way to the next dimension
and probably spend a lot of their time there already."

Perhaps when reaching 120 years then the destination will be arrived.

*edit*- Upon taking the quiz another time, 89%. Making progress already. . : )

Last edited by SandHills; 01-01-2015 at 08:33 PM.. Reason: ~ Taking quiz a second time to ensure honest responses ~

Old 01-01-2015, 07:39 PM

318 posts, read 516,268 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jowel View Post
...I think a way to determine that someone is not an old soul is if you just have a drained feeling by spending a short time around them. I think we most everyone can identify with that type of person.

Clues that someone is not an old soul include being very overbearing, loud/obnoxious without much substance, and you can't get a word in edgewise around them, exacerbating the fact that little to nothing they are saying seems to have much substance or depth.
Very astute observations, in my estimation.
The goal is less of ourselves & more of others...
without losing the centering of All within.

It chanced upon a winter's night,
Safe, sheltered from the weather.
The table was spread for only one
but four men dined together.

There sat the man I meant to be,
Glory spurned and booted,
And close beside him, to the right,
The man I am reputed.

The man I think myself to be
A seat was occupying.
Near by, the man I really am
Who, to hold his own, was trying.

Beneath one roof we sat.
None called his fellow "brother".
No sign of recognition passed,
For they knew not one another.

Last edited by SandHills; 01-01-2015 at 07:49 PM.. Reason: ~ Inclusion of untitled, unsigned poem ~
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal