U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 04-03-2015, 09:35 AM
 
21,548 posts, read 19,340,710 times
Reputation: 12137

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles22 View Post
If there was anything like that on the moon we would be going back all the time.
>>> Unless somebody there said not to go back.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 04-03-2015, 12:36 PM
 
Location: Poshawa, Ontario
2,985 posts, read 3,585,715 times
Reputation: 5622
Quote:
Originally Posted by Asgardian View Post
One thing that boggles my mind at least is that with almost everyoner these days haveing a smart phone with camera, we don't see much UFO footages/pictures.

It seems that almost all the footages in UFO/aliens documentaries are old and overplayed. One would think someone should have captured some high def movie/picture of some form of craft.
To play Devil's Advocate, every time any compelling video evidence does come forward, it is immediately dismissed as a hoax. Just as there are those who are convinced that Queen Elizabeth is a shape-shifting space lizard, there are those who would remain skeptical about the existence of extraterrestrials even if an alien landed on their front lawn and b**chslapped them.

As for the cell phone comment... Let's just say I have had a personal experience where my brain simply could not process what my eyes were seeing. At the time, reaching for my smart phone to snap a photo was the very last thing on my mind.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-03-2015, 10:17 PM
 
15,921 posts, read 18,345,725 times
Reputation: 7660
Reading the posts in this thread I'm amazed... What does it take for people to see that their minds can see/imagine whatever it wants to when it comes to fuzzy/grainy/out of focus pictures?????

I read a paperback book back in the '70s called I believe 'We are not alone" -- Had numerous pictures of "unequivocal evidence" of alien structures, alien mining machines 35 miles long, plumes of dust from alien vehicles... alien cannons on the sides of craters. Well, here we are 45 years later...

Other countries have mapped the nearside and farside of the Moon, does anyone ever stop and think why haven't THEY come forward if they found conclusive evidence of aliens?

Oh yeah, the timeworn phrase: Mankind would be thrown into a panic if THE EVIDENCE was released.

The never-ending babble from the alien/UFO groups citing "experts believe" "government coverup" "conspiracy" "The evidence clearly shows" -or this one- "Science has no explanation for XYZ"

Do I believe other civilizations exist in the Multiverse? Heck yes.

Do I believe aliens are on the moon or living amongst us on Earth?

Is it any wonder why in this age of CGI, the Internet, people getting their rocks off on putting one over on everyone else, peoples gullibility and the state of the world that some people desperately want ~TO BELIEVE~?

Last edited by plwhit; 04-03-2015 at 10:29 PM..
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-04-2015, 11:52 AM
 
Location: Greenville, SC
5,785 posts, read 4,501,379 times
Reputation: 10987
Quote:
Originally Posted by plwhit View Post
Reading the posts in this thread I'm amazed... What does it take for people to see that their minds can see/imagine whatever it wants to when it comes to fuzzy/grainy/out of focus pictures?????
Maybe reading some of the many other threads on this forum that have provided numerous examples of pareidolia right here on planet earth?

Wednesday Word of the Week: pareidolia | Nat Geo Education Blog
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-08-2015, 07:46 AM
 
Location: Falls Church, Fairfax County
5,168 posts, read 3,609,573 times
Reputation: 6321
Quote:
Originally Posted by gsoboi78 View Post
It has been said there is a direct link between the UFO phenomena and human origins which would explain why the governments are covering this up.
Said by who?
Quote:
Originally Posted by gsoboi78 View Post
But rumors of alien bases and moon mining seems to parallel stories from the ancient Sumerians. Their text predates the bible and has many of the same stories like the ark and the great flood. Ancient Sumerians believed that "gods" from the sky came to earth and created man mixing their DNA with apes and they used humans for "mining".
OK, that should be easy to prove since it is here. Show me some proof. Also I am interested in the "ancient" (Are there any new Sumerians?) Sumerians information on aliens on the moon.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gsoboi78 View Post
If you look at some official NASA images of the moon, you'll see some strange anomalies that can't be natural.

Here a NASA image of one anomaly that stands 20 miles high. It looks like the ruins of some structure and there is no mountainous terrain in the vicinity of this strange object. There is no natural process that could possibly form this object.
Source and context for that image? Cause it looks like nothing to me.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Asgardian View Post
There are too many versions of the truth each of which have strong cases but most are bogus.
Most truth is bogus? Interesting.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Asgardian View Post
Thing is, what if there were structures on the moon t hat seem to have been made by intelligent designs?
What if my grandmother has testicles? Would she be my grandfather?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Asgardian View Post
We don't have a way to go there so we rely on the Govt to show us pictures. That in itself raises the question about the validity of the images and the potential for govt concealing information.
Why does that raise the question of the validity? Also there are multiple governments that have studied the moon and they all do not always agree.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Asgardian View Post

Bottomline, anyting is possible
I disagree that anything is possible.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asgardian View Post
The moon argument is reasonable based on what we do not know.
No it is not.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Asgardian View Post
Absence of proof is not proof of absence. The fact that governments keep very classified information is in itself a premise to assume that much bigger things can be kept from the general public.
LOL, Governments are made up of people. If there was something this large there would be lots of people involved and it would not be a secret.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Asgardian View Post
As for ET coming here, most likely the resource on this planet and what it has compared to other planets.
Specifically what resources? And would an advanced society still need the same resources that it needed 2,000 years ago. Why are they not harvesting these resources now?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Asgardian View Post
One thing that boggles my mind at least is that with almost everyoner these days haveing a smart phone with camera, we don't see much UFO footages/pictures.

It seems that almost all the footages in UFO/aliens documentaries are old and overplayed. One would think someone should have captured some high def movie/picture of some form of craft.
I think they would have if aliens were visiting earth. I am not shocked that with better camera and video technology that we have less pictures. It is almost as if it is becoming to hard to perpetrate a fraud with the better technology and absence of grainy pictures.....
Quote:
Originally Posted by Asgardian View Post
The reverse could be true. Humans modelled their technologies based on ancient ones.
I could accept that if I thought aliens would have a need for something like that and if there were no clear historical record to backup the evolution of our satellite dishes....which there is. We even had them before we landed on the moon.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Asgardian View Post
Who knows maybe this 'satellite' dish belongs to some secret space program that humans run on the moon
Interesting, but there are amateur space watchers that document and record launches and satellites, even tracking trajectory changes.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Asgardian View Post
Fact: Human race is too young compared to the universe to have even a 1/100000 understanding of the cosmos and it's intricacies. While Science has learned a lot in the last 200 years about the universe, we cannot even begin to comprehend the bigger picture.
This is true but it does not address what it is said. You stated "our moon is the only moon in the solar system where one side of the moon is never visible from the planet" and were provided with several examples challenging this. Instead of admitting you were wrong or addressing the information provided you went off on an unrelated tangent similar to a squid squirting out ink to elude capture. If you have valid points you should be able to address criticism.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Asgardian View Post
What is out there is most likely bigger than anything we have ever known. The announcement of intelligent ET's entering our solar system or even coming to eart will create a lot of unrest among many. That is because a lot of humans have only known what they see in front of them or on the internet.
What other source of information other than what you have seen in front of you or on the Internet do you use?

I think that is what the whole movement is about "I am better than you because I KNOW something you don't". Which I find disingenuous and counter productive.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Asgardian View Post
If many conspiracy theories were to become realities, I guarantee that there could be a meltdown of civilization and civil order as we know it.
If I owned a fountain of youth I would be rich. IF IF IF.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Asgardian View Post
Maybe we do, who knows?
Well there are people who track this stuff as a hobby as well as multiple governments that track this as well.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Icy Tea View Post
>>> Unless somebody there said not to go back.
To who? Because I can guarantee if there was proof of this there would be a private enterprise planning on going there or telling us about it when they got back 10-20 years ago....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Annuvin View Post
To play Devil's Advocate, every time any compelling video evidence does come forward, it is immediately dismissed as a hoax.
Please give me some examples of this compelling evidence?
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-10-2015, 12:35 PM
 
Location: Birmingham
11,787 posts, read 14,724,099 times
Reputation: 10066
Quote:
Originally Posted by plwhit View Post
Other countries have mapped the nearside and farside of the Moon, does anyone ever stop and think why haven't THEY come forward if they found conclusive evidence of aliens?
I've wondered that too, but then I think about when we were looking for that lost Malaysian plane and the Chinese, I think, provided some satellite photos. They were very crude and grainy. Are they hiding how good their tech is? Is it really that bad? How do we lose an airliner? Bottom line is, I was a bit put off with what I thought the state of the world's satellite/telescope/surveillance capability, so I'm not so sure the other countries have the ability to see anything and everything that goes on this planet, much less the far side of the moon.

Quote:
Oh yeah, the timeworn phrase: Mankind would be thrown into a panic if THE EVIDENCE was released.
I think this is still true. I think 80% of us wouldn't give a damn. Still got bills to pay, still got to get the kids to skill, still got to go to work. As along as ET ain't on his way to hit us with the ray gun, we're good.

But that other 20%.... Get them something to get riled up about and they can cause damage and bring society to its knees. Look what kind of gridlock and damage and panic a couple of brothers with pressure cookers can do, or guy and a kid with a rifle driving around DC, or one depressed airline pilot, or one bullied kid with a gun in a school or movie theatre. News like that could set off a bunch of them all at once. All over the world.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-10-2015, 01:22 PM
 
Location: Falls Church, Fairfax County
5,168 posts, read 3,609,573 times
Reputation: 6321
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tourian View Post
But that other 20%.... Get them something to get riled up about and they can cause damage and bring society to its knees. Look what kind of gridlock and damage and panic a couple of brothers with pressure cookers can do, or guy and a kid with a rifle driving around DC, or one depressed airline pilot, or one bullied kid with a gun in a school or movie theatre. News like that could set off a bunch of them all at once. All over the world.
Inthe long run that DC sniper was a blip on the screen. One of the people shot was at the home depot within .5 to 1 mile of where I lived at the time. Nobody was panicking. People were talking. Still go to that very Home Depot frequently. Hardly ever think about it. Except for the people directly effected, and I do feel for those that are, these events forgotten about similar to other similar criminal events.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-10-2015, 01:47 PM
 
Location: Birmingham
11,787 posts, read 14,724,099 times
Reputation: 10066
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Guard View Post
Inthe long run that DC sniper was a blip on the screen. One of the people shot was at the home depot within .5 to 1 mile of where I lived at the time. Nobody was panicking. People were talking. Still go to that very Home Depot frequently. Hardly ever think about it. Except for the people directly effected, and I do feel for those that are, these events forgotten about similar to other similar criminal events.
Of course, because they stopped him and it was over. But my point is what if it was more then one sniper. And if something like that was happening daily? If just 1 out of 20 people decided to stay home and go into their panic room or bunker and not come out, that would cause issues with the world and the economy.

I think an announcement of intelligent alien life would cause a small but significant portion of the world population to do things that would be detrimental enough to affect the rest of our lives and society in general.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-10-2015, 01:58 PM
 
Location: Falls Church, Fairfax County
5,168 posts, read 3,609,573 times
Reputation: 6321
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tourian View Post
Of course, because they stopped him and it was over. But my point is what if it was more then one sniper. And if something like that was happening daily? If just 1 out of 20 people decided to stay home and go into their panic room or bunker and not come out, that would cause issues with the world and the economy.

I think an announcement of intelligent alien life would cause a small but significant portion of the world population to do things that would be detrimental enough to affect the rest of our lives and society in general.
I do not think it would and am not sure why people think that this would make people violent. In NYC when there are power outages neighbors generally help neighbors and form a tighter community.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-10-2015, 03:55 PM
 
15,921 posts, read 18,345,725 times
Reputation: 7660
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tourian View Post
But that other 20%.... Get them something to get riled up about and they can cause damage and bring society to its knees. Look what kind of gridlock and damage and panic a couple of brothers with pressure cookers can do, or guy and a kid with a rifle driving around DC, or one depressed airline pilot, or one bullied kid with a gun in a school or movie theatre. News like that could set off a bunch of them all at once. All over the world.
I've been reading about aliens on the moon, on Earth, on Europa for over 60 years...

Tons of fuzzy, grainy, out of focus and enlarged so much the photo is a pixelated jumbled disaster, and as I said earlier, explanations and statements citing "experts believe" "government coverup" "conspiracy" "The evidence clearly shows" -or this one- "Science has no explanation for XYZ"

The incidents you mention only affected small geographical areas, and only the people who are scared of their own shadows were truly worried.

So you are saying 1,400,000,000 people are just primed ready to kill, maim and disrupt the society they live in should THE EVIDENCE is released...

Just to show readers how ridiculous MUFON investigations are I'll put this on the table...

The Rendlesham Forest incident


https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2k4y8Vr6D84

~ How many readers in this forum have actually investigated the credentials and investigative training of the MUFON investigators?

~ How many readers in this forum with the I BELIEVE attitude have ever questioned the results of ANY MUFON investigation?

Last edited by plwhit; 04-10-2015 at 04:03 PM..
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:


Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
Similar Threads

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2021, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Contact Us - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37 - Top