Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-03-2015, 02:12 PM

22,910 posts, read 28,245,835 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Versatile View Post
What scientists and what BEST EQUIPMENT?
Well, my college professors for one. I started out as an anthropology major, and two of my professors were heavily involved in the search for Bigfoot in the '70s and '80s. One of them even searched for yeti in the Himalayas.

Researchers since then from all over the world have gone hunting yeti and Sasquatch with infrared, nightvision, motion capture, etc., etc., etc. and all they've found are a lot of deer, squirrels, racoons, badgers, skunks, bears, and other well known animals. They have analyzed droppings and tufts of hair and footprints. Rank amateurs and seasoned professionals have been doing this for decades and they haven't found Sasquat.

Why is that?

Are you really suggesting a government cover-up of Bigfoot? To what purpose?

Old 02-03-2015, 02:15 PM

12,282 posts, read 13,231,128 times
A question i have is that so many claim hoax this and hoax that and then come right back and say with so many hunters out there why haven't they shot one.
The question is that with so many hoaxers and so many hunters then why hasn't a hunter shot a hoaxer?

Old 02-03-2015, 02:19 PM

78,319 posts, read 60,517,579 times
Quote:
A question i have is that so many claim hoax this and hoax that and then come right back and say with so many hunters out there why haven't they shot one.
The question is that with so many hoaxers and so many hunters then why hasn't a hunter shot a hoaxer?
Montana Man Killed During Bigfoot Hoax - ABC News

Wasn't shot but was run down....

THere are some claims on websites I can see via google but they are the usual bigfoot sites and I'm not going to click on them.

Old 02-03-2015, 02:30 PM

1,774 posts, read 2,308,989 times
I was just playing along with the idea that bigfoot existed

if so ,I don't know why such a creature would eat deer. no other monkeys or apes (besides humans) eat deer. It would be very difficult for a large primate to hunt a deer without weapons.

Old 02-03-2015, 02:30 PM

Quote:
Or there were just less of them in areas with low deer populations. I remember very well that when we saw a deer around my house it was a big deal also. There is plenty of other meats for them should they want or desire. The crap i saw was full of vegetative things but i don't know if i could tell meat was in crap unless i saw hair or bone.
All I'm getting at is that IF they exist they probably didn't have a major amount of deer in their diet or their numbers would have catastrophically declined.

Old 02-03-2015, 02:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rzzzz View Post
I was just playing along with the idea that bigfoot existed

if so ,I don't know why such a creature would eat deer. no other monkeys or apes (besides humans) eat deer. It would be very difficult for a large primate to hunt a deer without weapons.
Chimps can catch similar prey in the jungles via group hunting.

Common chimpanzee - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

This explains the employed strategy and prey that include duikers and pigs.

Old 02-03-2015, 02:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark S. View Post
Well, my college professors for one. I started out as an anthropology major, and two of my professors were heavily involved in the search for Bigfoot in the '70s and '80s. One of them even searched for yeti in the Himalayas.

Researchers since then from all over the world have gone hunting yeti and Sasquatch with infrared, nightvision, motion capture, etc., etc., etc. and all they've found are a lot of deer, squirrels, racoons, badgers, skunks, bears, and other well known animals. They have analyzed droppings and tufts of hair and footprints. Rank amateurs and seasoned professionals have been doing this for decades and they haven't found Sasquat.

Why is that?

Are you really suggesting a government cover-up of Bigfoot? To what purpose?

How do you know that they have not? Some think that when a person has great proof then he will just run to the news stations and tell the whole great story.There are imo a whole host of people that have proof and don't want anyone to know. Not everyone wants this so called fame and fortune. This would be a life changing experience wouldn't it? I wouldn't want my farm over ran with lookey lou's and wanna be BF killers wanting to get a bunch of cash. Once your privacy is gone then you will never get it back. There would be people that like you and those that would hate you and even those that might just sue you to try and make a buck.

Think the cry for human rights that would have to be sorted out or as some say look what it would do to the timber industry and having to publicly set a side an area for them. Think of the money and turmoil it would cost to do so. Were i the govt i would be looking at using the DNA to create a super soldier that would follow orders blindly etc. Possibilities are nearly endless.

Think about the result of shooting one.Is it human enough to call this murder? Some will say yes. Someone will say they want you shot for shooting one. In my state if it isn't human and there are no laws written for the hunting or harvesting it then they say you cannot shoot it.

Last edited by Versatile; 02-03-2015 at 03:12 PM.. Reason: To add more questions

Old 02-03-2015, 03:13 PM

Great discussion. I have to leave. More tomorrow.

Old 02-03-2015, 03:22 PM

2,993 posts, read 4,300,500 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
Montana Man Killed During Bigfoot Hoax - ABC News

Wasn't shot but was run down....

THere are some claims on websites I can see via google but they are the usual bigfoot sites and I'm not going to click on them.
NEVER try to dress up and act as Bigfoot. If I see anything resembling Bigfoot in a remote area, I am plowing into it with my truck and/or shooting it. Not a good idea.... I am not going to be the crazy guy with a fuzzy photo, I am bringing back a body .

Obviously I would use discretion if I was in Ohio or a populated area, but in backwoods Alaska, Yukon or similar places your ass is getting run over if you try to dress up like Bigfoot. Why someone would think this is a good idea is beyond me.

I wonder if there is enough Bigfoot believers, that if I started a guiding business up here in AK offering remote Bigfoot hunts, complete with guns, if I'd have any clients ?

Old 02-03-2015, 05:23 PM

2,993 posts, read 4,300,500 times
Yep, I am allowed to vote. Got to love America. I am obviously having some fun here on the freaking Bigfoot forum... If you read my posts you would see that I am a skeptical non believer... That must of went over your head though. Don't worry I don't drive around looking for Bigfoot with my gun (except on the weekends).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.