Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-08-2015, 09:52 PM

6,152 posts, read 7,147,836 times

Advertisements

This story will send chills down your back. A 2 year old boy claimed he lived his past life as a woman who died in a fire and that his past name was Pam. Look at the story (video link)

Past life proof? Family convinced son lived another life as a woman | myfox8.com

While I have never had a reason to believe in reincarnation, I think we all have had deja vu moments that we have lived another life before including myself. It has been said that our soul goes on a journey through different lives in different places and that most of us experience similar challenges that we experienced in our past lives. Each life is a new stage of growth for our souls say believers of reincarnation. It has also been said there could be a link between reincarnation and sexual orientation. A person who is gay could have lived there last life as a member of the opposite sex.
Quick reply to this message

Old 02-08-2015, 10:44 PM

14,317 posts, read 22,293,308 times
I don't believe in reincarnation. It's pure woo.

What I do believe, is that our genes are made up of characteristics which reflect the experiences of our direct lineal ancestral line. So our immense like for bacon may come from an ancestor who loved it. It doesn't mean that in a past life, we were once a pig.

This story is nonsense, and a hoax. Don't be a sucker and fall for this.

Old 02-09-2015, 01:01 AM

2,334 posts, read 2,631,518 times
It's definitely interesting, and I wouldn't outright deny that he could have been Pam. My most ardent wish and hope is that when children DO start to mention things like this, parents will somehow try to get it on audio or video tape as soon as possible.

The mother said she later asked him about the color of the person's skin after she researched what he was telling her. If it had been me, I would have had a "hidden" tape recorder or camera set to go when I "casually" asked him that question. And now, since he's supposedly remembered and relived that life, he's released it from his mind.

Old 02-09-2015, 11:24 AM

6,152 posts, read 7,147,836 times
If we do live multiple lives maybe a small percentage of the population actually remembers some things from our past lives. This story is indeed interesting.

Old 02-09-2015, 12:06 PM

3,429 posts, read 2,714,711 times
I would love to see cases where parents immediately let scientists investigate the comments and test the hypothesis that the child has memories that cannot be reasonably explained. If, for example, prior to finding the information about "Pam", the whole process of seeking this connection and been done by researchers who documented every step and if, at some point, the child did indeed correctly identify Pam and offer accurate information about Pam, I think the data would be difficult to dismiss. I'm not personally opposed to the idea that memories of past lives could be real, but I'd like to see more than anecdotal stories about it.

We are even getting to the point where, possibly, some good objective evidence could be gathered. Brain scan data, for example, might eventually provide data that is better than anecdotal stories.

Old 02-11-2015, 02:33 PM

540 posts, read 1,903,319 times
81 reincarnated lives and possibly even more in different living forms, male or female. We are reprocessed over and over until we emerge perfect, for eventually we will rejoin The Spirit who will not accept anything that is less than perfect.
Our memories are wiped before we start a new life but some may experience deja vu or have memories of a previous life.

Old 02-17-2015, 06:25 AM

11,558 posts, read 11,991,359 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WyattE View Post
81 reincarnated lives and possibly even more in different living forms, male or female. We are reprocessed over and over until we emerge perfect, for eventually we will rejoin The Spirit who will not accept anything that is less than perfect.
Our memories are wiped before we start a new life but some may experience deja vu or have memories of a previous life.
If memories are 'wiped out', how can one have memories of a past life?

Old 02-17-2015, 09:35 AM

think of it like an old vhs tape that was recorded over but sometimes you get glimpses that pop up of what was previously on the tape. We call it deja vu when you experience it.

Old 02-17-2015, 09:45 AM

3,429 posts, read 2,714,711 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WyattE View Post
I would love to know what some of the best evidence for reincarnation is. You suggest "81 reincarnated lives" - this seems fairly specific. Where did you get the number 81 from? What do you think are the best examples of evidence for reincarnation?

I'm also curious to know why our memories are wiped. If we are expected to progress toward perfection, why not let us remember our previous mistakes so that we can learn from them and consciously apply our learning to our new life?

Old 02-17-2015, 10:26 AM

I definitely do not know the specifics, it's complicated to explain and I'm no genius or teacher, only trying to translate it the best I know how but I also think it is based on what you believe about life, but take the religious part out of it, and analyze it that way. As far as reincarnation, I believe you can be any living thing, male or female, on this planet as well as other planets. I think your memories are wiped out but as far as what you have learned stays with you and keeps applying to each life as you progress. I don't want to list my source because it took me decades to find it and the best part of it was questioning life, how it works, how everything is involved, how it doesn't end in just one life, question everything and by doing that, allowed me to find the source that "I" truly believe in but we are all so different and we all have different beliefs, so some follow a religion which is what they choose, others follow others. The best part is the journey of what gets you there. I think the movie Cloud Atlas, even though a weird movie in my opinion, very complicated, basically gets it with the different lives that each character portrays in different life times and different time periods.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal