U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-05-2015, 08:45 AM

19,458 posts, read 14,994,384 times

Advertisements

Sedona, Arizona, USA*
Camping in the English countryside...whoa, lots going on there alright!!

NOT Rome, that's for sure.

* Heck, you can just sit and watch while the tourists, not used to
the energy there,
go around in circles passing by open parking spaces at the post office!
Round and round and round they go....
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-06-2015, 02:24 PM

3,751 posts, read 6,782,953 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tellhernottoworry View Post
I am also learning to read Tarot as I've always been interested in it.
Then you will be happy to know that over in the Pagan forum, I have a tarot practice study discussion

Old 04-06-2015, 03:28 PM

5,579 posts, read 4,008,826 times
1. Ghosts/haunted houses
2. Psychic Ability/E.S.P.
3. Divination-Tarot cards/palm reading/runes, etc
4. Witchcraft-creating spells-mainly for healing
5. Mythology-what goes along with this is religions (plural). Most religions are based on myths.

Least interested:

1. UFOs
2. Bigfoot

Cat

Old 04-07-2015, 11:56 AM

7,184 posts, read 3,591,956 times
The Shroud of Turin is very intriguing.

Old 04-09-2015, 02:22 AM

16,279 posts, read 13,112,704 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn View Post
Sedona, Arizona, USA*
Camping in the English countryside...whoa, lots going on there alright!!

NOT Rome, that's for sure.

* Heck, you can just sit and watch while the tourists, not used to
the energy there,
go around in circles passing by open parking spaces at the post office!
Round and round and round they go....
Interesting. Never been to Rome, or anywhere in Europe. All my overseas time was in Asia and the South Pacific. I would think that Rome would have a powerful feel about it. Lot of history there. Some islands in the SoPac have feelings like that, standing on a beach looking out to sea can give you goosebumps, and there are still old bunkers and wrecked planes in the jungles. Kinda eerie. Nagasaki was an experience too. Never made Hiroshima.

Had some pretty profound feelings at old battle sites as well. There's one in a very remote area, North of here, that a friend and I went through on a back country excursion. It wasn't a big fight, won't find it in any major history books. But, let's just say we didn't stay long. Some really spooky stuff there bouts, and the local Indians avoid it. It wasn't hard to figure out why.

Old 04-09-2015, 06:41 PM

2,167 posts, read 1,206,881 times
I dunno, all of it is fascinating to me--I just love the fact that at some point man began to write things down, to record history. SO much stuff has happened, and yes, some of it is unexplained. I LOVE it.

If I had to choose I guess I'd say the origins of Mankind is most fascinating to me, where the 'mythology' came from, these stories of Noah and the Tower of Babel. I'm an atheist with a capital everything, and the true, actual origins of Mankind have always been interesting to me (even as a young child in Sunday school I found the stories we were expected to accept ridiculous, but that's a whole other topic).

Old 02-07-2016, 08:51 PM

3,491 posts, read 6,164,890 times
Vampires and Paradise/Heaven

Old 02-08-2016, 05:23 AM

2,034 posts, read 1,361,255 times
Ohh...cool thread topic.

I am interested in "The Other".

Humanity has always attempted to touch..the "Other Side"..in whatever way it was attempting to express itself.

We desire to see things ...that may not be there.

We feel a "touch"...be it sensing a hand, or the icy cold, or scents and smells.

We sometimes see things.....and we may be one of many to have seen it. Or just witness it as one person.

Aliens? Don't know. Although it would be presumptuous to assume we are the only intelligent life in existence.

Creatures? Who knows what lurks out there that we cannot get a clear and true photograph/DNA sample of.

Science is merely one vehicle to the top of the building.

Ghosts? Yet another manifestation with inability to find tangible proof. In no way does that mean it does not exist.

Paranormal activities? We humans, existed on a planet with a longer history of the paranormal, than the actual Religions we see now. Even Religions are based on Something.

There is a whole Planet of in-explainable activity/creatures/etc....that will probably never be sufficiently debunked away by Science.

We cannot touch; The Sun, the Moon, the Stars.....does not mean they do not exist.

Old 02-08-2016, 09:48 AM

16,279 posts, read 13,112,704 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moxiegal View Post
Ohh...cool thread topic.

I am interested in "The Other".

Humanity has always attempted to touch..the "Other Side"..in whatever way it was attempting to express itself.

We desire to see things ...that may not be there.

We feel a "touch"...be it sensing a hand, or the icy cold, or scents and smells.

We sometimes see things.....and we may be one of many to have seen it. Or just witness it as one person.

Aliens? Don't know. Although it would be presumptuous to assume we are the only intelligent life in existence.

Creatures? Who knows what lurks out there that we cannot get a clear and true photograph/DNA sample of.

Science is merely one vehicle to the top of the building.

Ghosts? Yet another manifestation with inability to find tangible proof. In no way does that mean it does not exist.

Paranormal activities? We humans, existed on a planet with a longer history of the paranormal, than the actual Religions we see now. Even Religions are based on Something.

There is a whole Planet of in-explainable activity/creatures/etc....that will probably never be sufficiently debunked away by Science.

We cannot touch; The Sun, the Moon, the Stars.....does not mean they do not exist.
O

Interestingly, the things I've seen and experienced ya just about had to be there to truly understand the spookyness of. The site I mentioned in my last post is in a VERY remote place. You can drive to a point, but you might wanna be dragging a note or two behind you. Unless you like to walk, and if you go there, you will appreciate that horses extra speed getting out of there. I WON'T go back there. The things we experienced were just.....odd. Not dangerous so much as a warning, if we went in further, it would get that way.

The first was a bla, coal black, horse. I figure, meh, lone mustang , so what. But, he was a good 400 yards off when we first saw him When we dropped down into the dry river bed , he showed up on the rim, a few minutes later, up trail of us. Up close, he was a different critter. Beautiful. NOT a typical mustang. This guy was THE black Stallion. And, he was facing off with us. Pawing the ground, tossing his head, it wasn't typical at all. We kept moving up the wash, and he stayed right with us. Not happy about us being there, at all. Now, me buddy and me are looking at each other, wondering wtf. A lone wild stud, of his quality, showing aggression, with no mares in sight. He's all by his lonesome, an animal that could easily be running the best mustang herd in N NV ( matter of fact he'd could have sold high dollar as breeding stock) and yes bothering with US? Then we come around a bend, big black granite boulders all in the path. But, thing is, these boulders are covered with HUGE whirlpool spider webs. Now, this is getting spooky. The horse was still there, but he dropped back, and was just standing there now. No antics.

These webs went up the wash as far as we could see. The horse wasn't going any further, like "Told ya...didn't listen". Soooo...being dumbazz 20 some things, we decided to see who was home in one of the webs. Yea...a silver dollar sized grey and black critter who moved like lightning shot out as son as we tossed in a twig. And these webs went a LONG way up trail. Oky doky, me n me buddy says. Back to the truck. Soldier Meadows....well, should a listened to my Indian pal. Who is a PhD and VERY rational and intelligent guy. He told me not to go there. There's a power there. And a story. The Paiute killed a patrol of the 1st cab there. In a rather ...brutal way.

They believe angry energy holds sway there. It was a puny fight, you won't find it in any major history of the West. But, the Summit Lake tribe sees it as something to be remembered. And they leave it be. Now......so do I.

Old 02-08-2016, 09:51 AM

2,034 posts, read 1,361,255 times
Yes. Energy! Exactly!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal