U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-18-2015, 12:22 PM

21,440 posts, read 11,001,376 times

Advertisements

I always look for the reasoned practical explanation as per my undestanding but do not have a closed mind. What i saw Sunday night I assumed was lit up by the suns reflection or burning in atmosphere.. We're such a smart species, we know just about everything 'pats the child on the head'
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-18-2015, 04:24 PM

6,611 posts, read 10,061,691 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SandraMoore66 View Post
My response was to someone who didn't believe in UFO's period and making fun of the poster.
Making fun of someone who doesn't believe in something without any kind of proof or evidence? Good logic at work here.

Old 03-18-2015, 04:29 PM

14,498 posts, read 9,229,514 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirt Grinder View Post
Let's see...
  1. the jets flew out of visual range,
  2. an obstacle came between the jets and the observers,
  3. haze,
  4. clouds,
  5. heck, maybe they even turned their lights off.

It was very hazy a few afternoons ago. I was driving around and noticed that I could barely see the downtown skyline, which is usually clearly visible from where I was.

It was also cloudy Sunday evening.

Also saw posted on Facebook Sunday evening pictures of military vehicles heading towards Alton, IL (30 miles Northeast of the OP) so there could have been military planes with them as well. Probably something from Scott Air Force base.

Old 06-15-2015, 06:30 AM

2,094 posts, read 2,060,065 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dlking58 View Post
A friend once told me a great UFO encounter story. He was driving on I-16 in southeast Georgia,a stretch of road that is not heavily traveled and goes through some rural farmland areas. It's not unusual to find yourself alone on the road with no other cars in sight.

It was night time, and out of nowhere, three very bright lights came down out of the sky and were shining right in his rear window, so close it looked like they were resting on his car trunk. He tried speeding up and slowing down, but no change. After a minute or so of "what the hell is that?" and not being able to get away, the lights suddenly moved straight up, disappearing vertically. No sign of them again.

Weird? I think so.
Your friend should have gotten a DUI.

Old 07-04-2015, 05:10 PM

1,684 posts, read 542,691 times
Yes, life somewhere else in this universe of billions and billions of planets and stars? That's downright insane, yuk-yuk-yuk!!

Sorry, I have to go get ready for tomorrow morning. We are going to chant toward the sky because there is a giant cosmic invisible boogie-man up there who sees and controls everything that happens to every person on this planet and we wouldn't want to upset him and get smitten by some plagues he would send down here. That's just common sense.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal