U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-26-2015, 02:03 AM

5,128 posts, read 6,431,724 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Born Again Skeptic View Post
How does palm reading "...reveal who you truly are?"
If the palm reader describes your personality accurately . . .
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-26-2015, 02:12 AM

20,382 posts, read 23,987,145 times
I won't know until 2032 or 2033 how accurate palm readers can be, as I had my life lines read 5X in India (for comparative purposes and it was only $2 for read), back in 1991, just to see what they'd predict as to my longevity. 4 claimed I'll die at age 82, 1 at 83.

If, indeed, the readings are accurate, then what does that tell you? At least no nuclear holocaust until then?

Old 06-27-2015, 07:21 AM

101 posts, read 87,496 times
Default Palm Reading

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shooting Stars View Post
If the palm reader describes your personality accurately . . .
I didn't inquire "what" it describes; my question was "...how does palm reading accomplish getting this done? You have seemed to misunderstand my question? (again?)

Old 06-27-2015, 10:21 AM

3,751 posts, read 6,772,259 times
How does palmistry work?
By predetermined meanings attributed to a specific line and the nature of that line.
Is the line short, long, have lots of splits. Each of those would have a defined meaning.

Old 06-27-2015, 10:45 AM

16,081 posts, read 25,696,748 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tijlover View Post

If, indeed, the readings are accurate, then what does that tell you? At least no nuclear holocaust until then?
It tells us a degree of predestination exists from birth, but you already know this...

Old 06-27-2015, 02:33 PM

5,128 posts, read 6,431,724 times
Quote:

I didn't inquire "what" it describes; my question was "...how does palm reading accomplish getting this done? You have seemed to misunderstand my question? (again?)
Maybe it's the way you write?

I didn't understand your question because I assumed everyone knew the lines in the palm have specific meanings in palm reading.

Old 06-27-2015, 04:13 PM

Default Palm Reading

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shooting Stars View Post
Maybe it's the way you write?

I didn't understand your question because I assumed everyone knew the lines in the palm have specific meanings in palm reading.
It is not good to make assumptions especially when they are the result of pure conjecture and incorrect speculation. The "lines" in the human palm are the result of the clenching of the human hand (fist) during gestation. Other primates have the same lines but "palm readers" tend not to defraud monkeys, chimps and gorillas since they don't have the same perchance to be scammed out of their hard earned money as humans do. Palm reading,(are you a palm reader?), astrology, tarot card reading, speaking with the dead; on and on scary stuff.

Old 06-27-2015, 04:31 PM

3,751 posts, read 6,772,259 times
Quote:
It is not good to make assumptions especially when they are the result of pure conjecture and incorrect speculation. The "lines" in the human palm are the result of the clenching of the human hand (fist) during gestation. Other primates have the same lines but "palm readers" tend not to defraud monkeys, chimps and gorillas since they don't have the same perchance to be scammed out of their hard earned money as humans do. Palm reading,(are you a palm reader?), astrology, tarot card reading, speaking with the dead; on and on scary stuff.
We know why there are lines in the hand, that was not the question. You asked HOW those lines determine personality. Just like fingerprints, no two people have the same. Now two people have the exact same lives either. There are some common events and experiences that many people share, just as many people share the same sort of line in the palm, but each line is different. Little cross marks, or 'bubbles' in lines brings more specifics into the meaning of the line, such as the number of children.

And you should really knock off your fraud scary stuff chip on your shoulder when you come in here.
You have said it over and over, we have read it over and over....no need to continue repeating it.
We totally get you think all this stuff is fraudulent and scary. Saying it over and over won't change my mind, too me it is not at all scary but rather interesting. Probably several others here feel the same way.
So again, we get it.
If this a precursor to your usual needle poking, better stop while you are ahead, as well as save this discussion from being locked and those of us want to constructively discuss will be able to do so.
Just saying, cuz I know your MO.

Old 06-27-2015, 07:39 PM

Default Palmistry: What's Your Opinion

Quote:
Originally Posted by OwlKaMyst View Post
We know why there are lines in the hand, that was not the question. You asked HOW those lines determine personality. Just like fingerprints, no two people have the same. Now two people have the exact same lives either. There are some common events and experiences that many people share, just as many people share the same sort of line in the palm, but each line is different. Little cross marks, or 'bubbles' in lines brings more specifics into the meaning of the line, such as the number of children.

And you should really knock off your fraud scary stuff chip on your shoulder when you come in here.
You have said it over and over, we have read it over and over....no need to continue repeating it.
We totally get you think all this stuff is fraudulent and scary. Saying it over and over won't change my mind, too me it is not at all scary but rather interesting. Probably several others here feel the same way.
So again, we get it.
If this a precursor to your usual needle poking, better stop while you are ahead, as well as save this discussion from being locked and those of us want to constructively discuss will be able to do so.
Just saying, cuz I know your MO.
1. As is the case with astrology and tarot the "lines" in the palm of a human hand are only used by the 'reader" to produce a "read" that seems plausible to the "sitter." The read feeds the bulldog; not the lines."

2. I believe the title of this thread is "Palmistry: What's Your Opinion? I am offering my opinion. That doesn't mean everyone has to agree with you. I'm afraid you don't "...get it." I am not here to change your mind about anything. It seems you are in this discussion for a completely different reason than having an intelligent and logical conversation about these issues and if you wish; I would be more than willing to discuss that reason with you through a private message? That said, I do not make any financial gain from my posts. I simply wish to inform people (over 25,000+ views on CD so far) about the decisions they make before they do something that involves throwing their money away.

3. There are other people that have contributed to this thread (and similar threads) that have the same questions (and opinions) that I do and you might want to read some of them; rather than just the ones you agree with?

4. Threats about "locked discussions" are not the way to have a logical and intelligent conversation. Support your position with reason; not hyperbole or threats.

Old 07-03-2015, 08:49 PM

7,376 posts, read 14,281,543 times
You have to give palm readers a hand.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal