U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-04-2015, 02:25 PM

16,395 posts, read 14,516,785 times

Advertisements

I've had this my whole life.

My brother told me to research it at the library (before we had the internet/early 80's) It's strong. I can "feel" people, especially very bad ones and they don't have to be doing anything. It's a bad vibe I get off them and I have never been wrong yet. They turn out to be "not so good" and my brother would always say: "How did you know?" I don't know how I know... but I have always had it..

The advantage is that it saved me from meeting many jerk guys (who turned out to be..) and it saves me a lot of headaches. When I went to the library, the books I read said it's some form of premonition/precognition because along with that gut feeling, I have felt something bad was going to happen. Like with my mom. I did not know "what" it was but I felt terrible.... My mom had surgery and her heart stopped. I did not understand or know that her heart stopped, until my dad told me. How could I have a feeling of horrible dread but not exactly know what it was? I was 13 years old when she almost died from her heart stopping.

My son says, "Yeah right" about my gut feeling. Because he does not experience it, he does not think it exists. ...

It does not matter to me that people don't believe, it's much like those who can read personal belongings of others. Or have other unusual abilities. Who am I to question who does or does not? I don't have that ability to read personal articles and I don't understand it. But it does not mean that person is not able to do it.

As example, I can be in a crowded room or even at a stop light, near a large intersection. I call it my "radar" Everyone is waiting for the light to change, but I am "drawn" to look at someone standing on the corner. I can't look away because something is going to happen... It always does. It's like I am watching a movie...The guy does some odd behavior like waving his hands in the street or jumps in the street (possibly mentally ill) and pretty soon, it's over. He does his thing and "now" everyone is looking...

And lastly, I was at work one time. when this girl told me to tell anyone that was looking for her that she left at 1:00. I had my back to her. I am chopping lettuce. I kept chopping and I told her she was going to ____ ____ . She turned me around and said how did you know that? I said I did not know but maybe I picked it up off her? (I just said that because she had this strange look on her face, lol) She was freaking. She said nobody knew she was going there. Turns out later, she was having an affair with our boss and this was hush...hush..

That is the other thing, is it something I "hear" from their thoughts or something I "see?" Either way, glad to share this thing and wonder if anyone else experiences this?

I would like to add, by the same token, I can feel "good" people. That is a great feeling. It tells me who to keep as a friend and who is not worth being a friend...

Do you have this? How has it helped you? How has it irked you? For me, I accept it but wonder if others get that feeling off people in the room?
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-04-2015, 04:43 PM

13,854 posts, read 22,472,937 times
Some people -- crazy people -- make my heart pound. It's like I can feel their internal panic, and it causes me to panic.

There was a guy who would show upon Howard Stern's radio show -- Elliott Offen -- couldn't take him at all. Had to leave the room, because I'd hyperventilate...

Also met a guy at a party and he gave me the panicky feel -- so I stayed away from him. A few days later, a friend asked me what I thought of the party guy and I answered truthfully, that I didn't like him, he gave me the creeps. He said he didn't like him either.

A couple of months went by, saw my friend again -- party guy went into the dark side, plunged in with both feet...and then committed suicide. A lot of people were shocked, as they had no idea about anything he turned to...gotta say, it didn't surprise me...

Old 04-05-2015, 05:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tallysmom View Post
Some people -- crazy people -- make my heart pound. It's like I can feel their internal panic, and it causes me to panic.

There was a guy who would show upon Howard Stern's radio show -- Elliott Offen -- couldn't take him at all. Had to leave the room, because I'd hyperventilate...

Also met a guy at a party and he gave me the panicky feel -- so I stayed away from him. A few days later, a friend asked me what I thought of the party guy and I answered truthfully, that I didn't like him, he gave me the creeps. He said he didn't like him either.

A couple of months went by, saw my friend again -- party guy went into the dark side, plunged in with both feet...and then committed suicide. A lot of people were shocked, as they had no idea about anything he turned to...gotta say, it didn't surprise me...
It's great to hear someone else has a "feeling" although it's hard to describe what you are feeling to someone else.

Old 04-05-2015, 05:47 PM

13,854 posts, read 22,472,937 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WannaliveinGreenville View Post
It's great to hear someone else has a "feeling" although it's hard to describe what you are feeling to someone else.
Yeah -- I feel bad for my doctor. I'm sure I'm not the only one to describe things badly. When I started on Levoxyl for my hypothyroidism, I had to build up to the correct dosage, because the right dose was way too much to start on. Yay me -- I got to feel like heck for another year after diagnosis.

I described how I felt by telling him I could feel my heart pounding through my chest -- but not fast, and that I felt flippy.

He looked at me and asked "Flippy?"

I said -- Flippy. Not quite a panic, not quite a hyper, just a little "elevated" and inclined to take off in the direction of hysteria. Sort of what I think speed would feel like, but I don't know, since I don't do illegal drugs.

He nodded and said "Okay, flippy." and wrote something down.

Since then, I've had other meds make me flippy. Flippy isn't good. I find flippy scary, which makes flippy worse.

Old 04-05-2015, 06:04 PM

88,762 posts, read 82,925,525 times
Quote:
I've had this my whole life.

My brother told me to research it at the library (before we had the internet/early 80's) It's strong. I can "feel" people, especially very bad ones and they don't have to be doing anything. It's a bad vibe I get off them and I have never been wrong yet. They turn out to be "not so good" and my brother would always say: "How did you know?" I don't know how I know... but I have always had it..

The advantage is that it saved me from meeting many jerk guys (who turned out to be..) and it saves me a lot of headaches. When I went to the library, the books I read said it's some form of premonition/precognition because along with that gut feeling, I have felt something bad was going to happen. Like with my mom. I did not know "what" it was but I felt terrible.... My mom had surgery and her heart stopped. I did not understand or know that her heart stopped, until my dad told me. How could I have a feeling of horrible dread but not exactly know what it was? I was 13 years old when she almost died from her heart stopping.

My son says, "Yeah right" about my gut feeling. Because he does not experience it, he does not think it exists. ...
I have that on rare occasion, and it's more than just a "vibe". It's almost as if I'm picking information up from their energy field, upon first laying eyes on them. And I've been right every time, good or bad (though it rarely happens). You're just more intuitive, that's all. The information is right there, in their EM field, but some people are more sensitive to it that others. Scientific research from the U of Arizona has shown that we're interacting with others on a very subtle level even when we're not aware of it. We're picking up information from them, or exchanging energy. Maybe some people's sensory filters are stronger than others, so they filter those subtle messages out in favor of info gleaned by the 5 primary senses.

Old 04-05-2015, 08:08 PM

19,489 posts, read 15,049,969 times
I can feel that someone is 'coming' into my environment 2 days before hand....sometimes!

I have let past life connections fall to the way side ...over dramatized...
just another person with some old history with me....very soon it is boring to me.

I find the higher goals take my focus now.
Forgive, forget, or say you are sorry, whatever, move on ...drop it all.

Old 04-06-2015, 07:51 AM

21,791 posts, read 19,533,439 times
Sometimes at a store I'll cross paths with another shopper who can't seem to get out of my way or who gives me a bad vibe. Invariably, that's just who gets ahead of me in the checkout line and then has some items they need to price check or can't scan.

Old 04-06-2015, 05:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
I have that on rare occasion, and it's more than just a "vibe". It's almost as if I'm picking information up from their energy field, upon first laying eyes on them. And I've been right every time, good or bad (though it rarely happens). You're just more intuitive, that's all. The information is right there, in their EM field, but some people are more sensitive to it that others. Scientific research from the U of Arizona has shown that we're interacting with others on a very subtle level even when we're not aware of it. We're picking up information from them, or exchanging energy. Maybe some people's sensory filters are stronger than others, so they filter those subtle messages out in favor of info gleaned by the 5 primary senses.
I think it's like a gift...a "good" gift...like those who can play musical instruments or can sing...I've never known what it's like to "not" have it...

You know how someone will say, "if only I had paid attention to my gut instinct" but maybe they ignored how they felt, maybe to spare someone's feelings, but in either case, they regretted not paying attention to what their gut was telling them. ...I can honestly say I always pay attention to it and to ignore would be dumb move, for me at least.

I like your explanation.

Old 04-06-2015, 07:19 PM

10,178 posts, read 18,739,798 times
Quote:
I think it's like a gift...a "good" gift...like those who can play musical instruments or can sing...I've never known what it's like to "not" have it...

You know how someone will say, "if only I had paid attention to my gut instinct" but maybe they ignored how they felt, maybe to spare someone's feelings, but in either case, they regretted not paying attention to what their gut was telling them. ...I can honestly say I always pay attention to it and to ignore would be dumb move, for me at least.

I like your explanation.
I think that's right--many of us don't listen to what we do know b/c we're afraid others will think we're loo loo but it's actually a natural gift. What do you know of auras? Those who know about them would say that you're sensing their aura perhaps, with a bit more since you actually knew where that gal was going. Unless of course it was a lucky guess, based on the fact that she was probably throwing off excitement, sex, love, what have you vibes, into her mix.

Old 04-06-2015, 08:20 PM

2,438 posts, read 2,404,409 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stepka View Post
I think that's right--many of us don't listen to what we do know b/c we're afraid others will think we're loo loo but it's actually a natural gift. What do you know of auras? Those who know about them would say that you're sensing their aura perhaps, with a bit more since you actually knew where that gal was going. Unless of course it was a lucky guess, based on the fact that she was probably throwing off excitement, sex, love, what have you vibes, into her mix.
Or the info can come across wrong as well. There is a guy I met six weeks ago. He is a nice guy but all I could see in his face was pain. He hadn't been hurt or anything and looked very normal. I thought he was hiding something and he is going out with a new friend of mine. ( I don't know him that well). Well, I didn't ask him anything because I didn't want to be snoopy. He was actually in an minor accident the other day and is going to require surgery. It's not major surgery, but still. Now, he is in pain and I can fully see what I thought I saw to begin with. But the problem with that theory is coincidence. It's just something I knew but there was no way I could have asked him if anything was wrong because there wasn't. So, I didn't say anything.

Does it happen all the time? It depends really. There was another instance when I should have listened to my gut about a couple of months ago. Nothing big but I denied it. The situation has turned out to be a total distraction. I did see it but ignored it. It's not just a small distraction, it's huge.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal