U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-13-2015, 11:04 AM

20,811 posts, read 26,107,029 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chango View Post
Actually not unusual... well not unusual for paranormal phenomenon anyway.

There are many accounts/instances where a not so friendly entity will "parrot" the voices of other people in the home (especially children), seemingly in an attempt to lure people into a certain room or area of the house.

So you are thinking that this could be the voice of another entity?

I was inclined to think it was either my daughter, who currently, seems to have the energy and exuberance of at least three people.

I forgot to mention that we sometimes hear her say "mom" interspersed with other words.
At first, we didn't really notice it, since instead of a pink princess phone, she has a smart phone, so the idea of a one way conversation, in any room of the house is not that unusual these days.

It was basically once when she called "mom" and said something else. I was making noise in the kitchen. My husband heard it too. Her car was there, but she had gone to a coffee shop with friends about 20 minutes ago.

My other theory of attracting the spirit of the daughter of the first people who built the house, falls apart on two counts - the girl lived well into her 80s. How could a spirit manifest at age 18? Or could it?

None of this was scarey to any of us. Just interesting. The idea that a of a spirit imitating her and luring us into rooms - THAT"S creepy, Chango!
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-13-2015, 01:57 PM

5,499 posts, read 3,946,323 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sheena12 View Post
Could you explain more?

I agree about residual energy.

I'm not too sure that I could explain more. I believe that people leave energy behind. We kicked some tenants out who weren't paying rent. They were constantly fighting and such so their negative energy was strong. When I went in after they left, I could feel their negative energy. I had to sage the place to get rid of it.

In your case, your daughter is leaving her energy behind. In this case it is a positive energy.

I don't know if this is the case but it is one theory.

Cat

Old 04-13-2015, 03:59 PM

13,145 posts, read 20,422,482 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Guard View Post
Example?

BTW, I am not saying that this is not a paranormal situation but there are non-paranormal explanations for this. I sometimes think I hear things that are not there because it is in the back of my mind from when I was listening for some things. I think it is natural for a parent to think of their children and this may cause them to hear their voice.
Quote:

I was inclined to think it was either my daughter, who currently, seems to have the energy and exuberance of at least three people.

I forgot to mention that we sometimes hear her say "mom" interspersed with other words.
At first, we didn't really notice it, since instead of a pink princess phone, she has a smart phone, so the idea of a one way conversation, in any room of the house is not that unusual these days.

It was basically once when she called "mom" and said something else. I was making noise in the kitchen. My husband heard it too. Her car was there, but she had gone to a coffee shop with friends about 20 minutes ago.

My other theory of attracting the spirit of the daughter of the first people who built the house, falls apart on two counts - the girl lived well into her 80s. How could a spirit manifest at age 18? Or could it?

None of this was scarey to any of us. Just interesting. The idea that a of a spirit imitating her and luring us into rooms - THAT"S creepy, Chango!
Guess I shouldn't have jumped to the "Worst case scenario" so quickly.

Of course there can be MANY other possibilities, many not paranormal at all. Old Guard is right, our minds are quick to pick up on familiar sounds like that of a child and/or cohabitant and may incorrectly interpret a random unfamiliar sound as a familiar one, like a voice. As sound moves in waves and can bounce off things; an otherwise normal sound can easily be heard strangely because of it. "Hearing voices" is also a potential psychological illness too.

I can't personally say I've been "lured" anywhere by voices but I've heard of it in several accounts. I have stories, but they aren't mine personally and are therefore hearsay anyway so I guess they won't add anything to the conversation. It's just one of those things I'm aware of and a common thread I've noticed connecting legitimate haunting stories.

Once I did hear a voice that I 100% believe was supernaturally related; I was alone in the garage of my former (and haunted house) when I heard what sounded like an angry woman or child harshly whispering unintelligibly right into my ear. It was, well... creepy... there was no physical source of the sound, it was clearly directed at me and only ever happened once. I didn't have a freakout over it or even hurry out of the garage (by then I was actually getting "used" to it all) so maybe "it" got disappointed by the event's lack of effect.

There were other voices from time to time in that house that I thought were my kids but turned out to be unidentifiable and/or "nothing there" situations; once I also heard a giant crash literally like someone had pushed over a cabinet full of china in one of the bedrooms... naturally (or unnaturally I suppose) nothing was out place or possibly the source of the sound.

Anyway, strange sounds are a large component of hauntings.... they also frustrating because sounds are probably the easiest of our senses to confuse/fool too. ANY of our senses can be fooled; that's why my personal qualifications for identifying a "real haunting" cover ALL of the basic senses (and are probably too strict ). Before I'd call it spookyland and get worried about being there, I'd want to see all of the above:

audio (unexplained sounds, evps)

visual (seeing apparitions, balls of light, unexplained shadows, unexplainable pictures ect.)

physical: (objects moving/falling by themselves, things disappearing and reappearing and/or reappearing in weird places, lights and/or electrical appliances turning on by themselves)

emotional: Feelings of a presence or being watched, being suddenly hit with emotions out of context (example suddenly growing very fearful in a brightly lit room during the daytime or becoming angry for no reason, ect)

Covering all the senses makes a "false positive" less likely and even then, an entity may not necessarily be hostile.

Old 04-14-2015, 12:12 AM

7,055 posts, read 3,527,349 times
It sounds like this is a lovely and lively young person and both parents are very proud and fond of her. Is it surprising then that both parents and perhaps a third person would simultaneously hear her voice and chatter which is actually caused by other sounds? Then again, is it surprising that her residual energy abounds and causes these sounds? I'm guessing that a sound recorder would not pick up anything either way. I have guessed wrong before so ...

Old 04-18-2015, 08:04 AM

2,721 posts, read 3,761,657 times
Default Entirely,

Within the realm of normalcy.
My eldest son spent 8 years in the navy. I reared three sons myself, the wife left us. Needless to say
the bond between my sons and myself is very strong.
Phil went to Afghanistan, a member of the special forces as a part of the anti-insurgency forces early in the war.
Sometimes while on tour on a boat, the 21 year old would of course miss his brothers and I. The tours would be extended because of the war effort. 8 or 10 months sometimes.
He sent me a mail one time, when he had time, that he had been on the deck of a carrier- heard my voice, spun around and I was not there.
People can come to us in dreams or in vocalizations not because they are there but because our minds, so used to hearing their voices can replicate them. The familiar sounds can be produced within our minds.
Quote:

Old 04-19-2015, 07:13 AM

5,168 posts, read 3,611,384 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by huckster View Post
Within the realm of normalcy.
My eldest son spent 8 years in the navy. I reared three sons myself, the wife left us. Needless to say
the bond between my sons and myself is very strong.
Phil went to Afghanistan, a member of the special forces as a part of the anti-insurgency forces early in the war.
Sometimes while on tour on a boat, the 21 year old would of course miss his brothers and I. The tours would be extended because of the war effort. 8 or 10 months sometimes.
He sent me a mail one time, when he had time, that he had been on the deck of a carrier- heard my voice, spun around and I was not there.
People can come to us in dreams or in vocalizations not because they are there but because our minds, so used to hearing their voices can replicate them. The familiar sounds can be produced within our minds.
First I would like to thank you son for his service.

Also I agree with you. I think this is internal to the mind and may be a normal function of the mind as you think of someone you may be able to hear them as you picture them, but unlike picturing them in your mind it may be harder to tell the difference between a sound creation of the minds eye.

Old 04-19-2015, 01:01 PM

1,491 posts, read 1,115,070 times
I would smudge the house.

Old 04-19-2015, 01:23 PM

16,081 posts, read 25,592,485 times
If I recall posts correctly, paranormal, or what seemed to be paranormal experiences began before move in, feeling strongly connected to the home from the beginning.
My feeling, an extension of your first experiences; interesting.

Old 04-20-2015, 08:43 PM

1,491 posts, read 1,115,070 times
Keep a journal. Ask others to add to it.

Do a Google search on this topic.

Good luck.

Old 04-21-2015, 09:19 AM

29,160 posts, read 28,200,136 times
Is it your daughter's voice? I've heard my brother call my name a couple of times. I clearly recognized his voice.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal