Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-03-2015, 05:19 PM

3,475 posts, read 3,278,661 times

Advertisements

Definitely smudge the house with white sage and every living thing going in an out of there. Do it daily if you have to. Even angels will leave when you sage a place. While doing it ask everything to leave and tell them they are no longer welcome there. Then once you've cleared the place you can put up protections at every entrance and exit to keep everything out, and then only invite the good in for your highest and best good.

I'm wondering if the teenager, being at that curious age, didn't try to experiment with something and thus opened the doorway allowing for this type of activity to enter. It seems connected to the high school from what you heard.

Another thought occurred to me as a possibility. If someone in the home is struggling with addiction that can also be an attraction for deceased spirits who haven't moved on. They like to ride the high of the person getting drunk since they no longer can and they encourage a person to indulge. They're not good to have around. That's one of the reason alcohol is also called spirits.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-03-2015, 06:38 PM

1,714 posts, read 1,760,343 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Merry Lee Gather View Post

Another thought occurred to me as a possibility. If someone in the home is struggling with addiction that can also be an attraction for deceased spirits who haven't moved on. They like to ride the high of the person getting drunk since they no longer can and they encourage a person to indulge. They're not good to have around. That's one of the reason alcohol is also called spirits.
I never knew this about alcohol and the reason they call it spirits!

Another thing that works is holy water if you can not get sage. Sage is easy to get though. You can even order some on amazon.

Old 05-03-2015, 11:32 PM

3,475 posts, read 3,278,661 times
Ya, it's one of the old things I learned from my Mom and Grandma.

Also you can put up protections like the Roman Catholic crosses above your doorway. It really depends on what someone believes in. If you believe certain stones will act as a protection then put that stone by the doorway. If you believe marking a large X across a window will act as a protection then mark a large X across doorways and windows with the smoke of the burning white sage as protections while saying your chant that no entity may enter here and Xing them out. Or dab each widow frame and door frame with holy water if that's what you believe.

It's encouraged to use whatever protections is from your traditional customs because the spirits interaction with you are likely from that tradition you're accustomed to such as the Western custom and not another custom such as the Eastern customs. Just like if a person believes in Jesus we wouldn't expect them to see Jinns from the Middle East or vice versa with people in the Middle East seeing Santa Claus. Your protections come from whatever your beliefs are in so use what works for you.

Sage or the smoke of incense is very common among all religions and practices and is used for clearing spirits from places.

Old 05-03-2015, 11:40 PM

16,077 posts, read 28,557,959 times
B
Quote:
Originally Posted by sheena12 View Post
I'm fine with sharing the house. Talk and laugh all you want. We find it interesting.

What is not interesting or fun is throwing my dog down the stairs.

So...yeah. I think I need to speak to a medium.
Its not clear if you're just sharing or looking for opinions and advice. You have as much paranormal experience and knowledge than most of this forum.

Some of these posters are't familiar with previous posts about this house..Thats been a least 3 yrs ago.are no giggles and laughs.

Last edited by virgode; 05-03-2015 at 11:58 PM..

Old 05-04-2015, 12:32 AM

16,077 posts, read 28,557,959 times
If you should have a medium come thru, I'd definately be interested in what he/she thinks. I wouldn't give much info before hand. She should be able to pick up you're a sensitive.

Old 05-04-2015, 10:48 PM

1,714 posts, read 1,760,343 times
I was recently reading about people who do paranormal research and will go into homes that this kind of stuff is happening in. Maybe you can call someone like that to come to your home?

Old 05-11-2015, 09:54 AM

2,513 posts, read 2,073,867 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sheena12 View Post
I agree. Nothing negative. This girl, the first owner's daughter - was quite a star in our community. She was happy and a good student. She seved her country and came back to a welcoming community.

She was married in the church down the street - the same one that our daughter attends.

Yes, teenage to adult is a memorable time! It was for me. I too wonder if at this time of year I am not present in my parent's old home. Running up and down stairs. Chatting on my pink princess phone, or listening to Lou Reed, David Bowie, The Grateful Dead or other bands.

I have never heard of anything like this.

O/T pink princess phone!!!

Old 05-11-2015, 10:16 AM

2,513 posts, read 2,073,867 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Merry Lee Gather View Post
That sounds like how the Annabelle story starts. The demon pretends to be a little girl in order to gain the people's trust because they want to help 'the child'.

I remember seeing another story similar to that but I can't remember if it was on Paranormal Witness or Paranormal Activity or it's own documentary. This couple moved into a house and the rooms she was setting up for her nursery was haunted by what she thought was a little girl. It even gave her a name and became attached to the stuffed animals. So they brought it more stuffed animals wanting to comfort the ghost and make it feel welcome so it didn't feel threatened by sharing the room. Strange things happened. It became more violent and some Christmas pictures were taken with some scary unexplainable things in them. Finally it turned so violent they had to leave and it was revealed to be a demon. I wish I could remember where that was. They did their research and there was nothing strange about the place. Nobody knows why an demon picks a certain place.

This sounds like residual energy of teenage girls. Sometimes points in time are captured in space even though the person is long gone or could still be living. Dormant energy can be stimulated by the cords of a similar vibrations.

Another theory is we all have invisible means of communications through thought forms like the collective conscience. We especially have these means of communication through friends and family. When we form attachments we are putting our hooks or plugs into each other like silver cords attached to our belly buttons sending information back and forth communicating on a higher level. You could be having entire conversations going on in the room of this higher level with each other where your spirits are visiting while your physical selves are going about your day. This becomes more active while family and friends are visiting such as the uncle. It's kind of like hearing a song in your head and turning on the radio to find your song at the exact place your singing it in your mind. We're tuned in to each other. So it would be natural for the family to hear the lively daughter getting your attention when she's not around.

Also our loved ones and ancestors that have passed on tend to gather and watch the family during family events such as holidays, birthdays, weddings, ect. It's like a big spirit festival sometimes and can get really crowded with everyone arriving the night before something is to take place and they start checking in.
Both of my parents are deceased. They died in their home. And I live in their home. They've been gone now 11 yrs.

And ever since I have heard noises, mostly in the kitchen. Cupboards closing, plastic bags crunching, banging-- all as if someone is carrying on in the kitchen doing their normal morning activities. What first alerted me was this 8x8 bamboo cutting board. It sits behind the sink or on the counter. Well, one night or early a.m. it banged so loudly on the counter it scared and startled me. I got out my tape recorder, and sure enough that's what I heard...as it happened again. I still to this day hear my parents 'residual energy' in the kitchen. I like to say that they come to visit me.

What I was going to post-I got sidetracked.
Whenever I had a family gathering after my folks had passed the next morning I would hear all kinds of activity.
Like they were here, or I stirred up left over energy.
So many things have happened. And it's good to have a recorder.

Last edited by fresnochili; 05-11-2015 at 10:28 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal