Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-19-2015, 07:32 PM

24,409 posts, read 17,133,047 times

Advertisements

Not sure where to put this but have you ever had things happen that defy logic?

I mean things that happen by chance and are so random that if you tried ot do it you never could.

I'm not talking paranormal happenings but say you are carrying something and the strap or cord catches on a door knob in a weird way. Or something falls and lands in a strange position.

When odd things happen I usually say " I couldn't do that if I tried"

Today was the most amazing ever, not in a hundred years if a million monkeys kept doing it could they get this to happen.

My hands were full as I headed down to the basement. There was a thin pasta box on the floor by the basement door to be brought down to the recycling box so I kicked it from the top of the stairs. It flew in the air and landed, balanced on the hand rail and a 2x4 vertical support. WHAT ARE THE CHANCES ?
As I walked down the stair I could see it vibrating left and right like it was going to fall. I put down the stuff I was carrying went back to the perfectly balanced pasta box and if it had landed a quarter inch one way or the other it would have fallen on the floor.

Crazy I know. What an odd thing to happen.

Have you ever had any odd things like this happen by total chance that wouldn't happen if you tried to make it happen??
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-20-2015, 09:09 PM

175 posts, read 260,311 times
Yep! I got one for ya... My husband took a friend ice fishing a few years back. They were fishing in about 40+ feet of water.. My husband got a bite and pulled his in to check it. He adjusted his rig with his "needle nosed pliers" and sent the line back down the hole. As he went to replace his pliers in the pocket of his coveralls, he missed the pocket and PLOP! Right down the hole. He looked up at the people around him including his friend and says. "well, Those are gone now! oh well. They had a good chuckle then then his pole dipped hard and fast and just stayed there.. unlike a bit... He's like NO WAY... So he v..e...r...y... s...l...o...w...l...y reeled up his line. Yep you guessed it. The pliers were caught on his hook!! For you fishermen out there it was a #10 treble hook. What are the odds?? He still has his pliers too.. On a side note they also caught some nice fish too.

Old 04-21-2015, 01:19 AM

3,751 posts, read 7,659,225 times
Those are great!
My story does have a tad of paranormal so to speak.
I think I am a minority when it comes to being someone who has never ever lost keys (or even wallet/purse). Now I do misplace these items often as I am never consistent where I put them to rest. I have several sets of keys and do not always keep them together. One set had my storage keys one it and I could not find them. I started thinking about it and last I could remember was having them by the car. I looked around the ground and in the car, nothing.
I thought about it some more and began to worry. I searched the ground, the car and the house. Just about the time when I start to panic, I make myself take a break and just 'forget about it'. Then I get a feeling to go look, and like a divining rod I just follow something until I stop. This time it took me to the back of my car. I looked on the ground very carefully, under the car, even rolled my car forward (gravel driveway). Trusting my intuition I just let my eyes wander all around the back of the car. There was something off about part of my bumper. Upon closer look, it was my keys. They had wedged themselves in just the right place, in just the right way that they had locked themselves in (did not intend the pun, but it works). I had to use a bit of force to get them out.

So to this day...still have not lost keys.

Old 04-21-2015, 09:23 PM

Good stories. The hook catching the pliers! He could try to do that 1000 times and they wouldn't catch on.

That key story reminded me of my own key story.

Years ago this happened when I was trailering my boat. I had a lock on the trailer tongue that needed to be unlocked with a key. I had this key on a ring with the boat key as well. I unlocked the tongue, dropped it onto the trailer ball, relocked it, put the keys on my bumper and hooked up the chains and lights. I then hopped in the truck and drove about 20 miles to the ramp. You guessed it I had left the keys sitting on the bumper and luckily, amazingly they hadn't fallen off even over the bumpy roads. Crazy.

Old 05-10-2015, 07:20 PM

1,485 posts, read 952,269 times
Ok I'm kind of uncomfortable posting this because I don't want to be thought of as crazy or like I'm making it up. That's why I didn't start a thread about my experience. But here it goes. It was very strange.

About 6 weeks ago the wife and I went down town Los Angeles to do some business. After we took care of our business she suggested we visit the cathedral of our lady of the Angels. We are not Catholic. We went inside and looked at the various exhibits. I found it very interesting. Then we sat down in one of the pews and my wife put down the thing you put your knees on and began to pray. We both came off a very stressful week.

There were a few people there sitting. Some walking around and some walking on the platform up front. I found it very peaceful in there and refreshing. My mind stopped racing and I felt relaxed.

I looked up again and for maybe 4 seconds everything looked suspended in time, still. People were stopped in mid stride. Just still. I looked at my wife and looked away again and people were moving again normally.
This never happened to me before and it was very very strange. I did not even tell my wife about it.
So after that we looked at the holy water fountain thing and looked into the gift shop. But that was so weird what happened. People just suspended and still in time. It was just maybe 4 seconds or so. But so weird.

Old 05-10-2015, 07:48 PM

102,162 posts, read 107,560,563 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rkstar71 View Post
Ok I'm kind of uncomfortable posting this because I don't want to be thought of as crazy or like I'm making it up. That's why I didn't start a thread about my experience. But here it goes. It was very strange.

About 6 weeks ago the wife and I went down town Los Angeles to do some business. After we took care of our business she suggested we visit the cathedral of our lady of the Angels. We are not Catholic. We went inside and looked at the various exhibits. I found it very interesting. Then we sat down in one of the pews and my wife put down the thing you put your knees on and began to pray. We both came off a very stressful week.

There were a few people there sitting. Some walking around and some walking on the platform up front. I found it very peaceful in there and refreshing. My mind stopped racing and I felt relaxed.

I looked up again and for maybe 4 seconds everything looked suspended in time, still. People were stopped in mid stride. Just still. I looked at my wife and looked away again and people were moving again normally.
This never happened to me before and it was very very strange. I did not even tell my wife about it.
So after that we looked at the holy water fountain thing and looked into the gift shop. But that was so weird what happened. People just suspended and still in time. It was just maybe 4 seconds or so. But so weird.
Drop by the church again another time, and see what happens. Did your wife notice anything unusual? When you're in an altered state of consciousness, time really seems to slow down. Not sure if it can slow down THAT much, but maybe....

Old 05-10-2015, 08:07 PM

2,501 posts, read 2,063,562 times
Well, the other day as I was locking my Beetle, I stuck the key in the door to lock it, and instead the window rolled up. Huh? I stood there in disbelief for a sec, did it again, and the door locked! whew...

earlier that week:

I was at the gas station refueling, and I unlocked the door to throw my keys on the drivers' seat while I pumped the gas and then slammed the door. And for some reason while its closing I'm thinkin' "gosh i hope the door doesn't lock" (it never has b4)...and sure enough the door locked! Locked my keys in the car w/my purse. I couldn't do anything.

I was able to use the gas station phone and my sis-in-law came and got me. Luckily I was close to home.

Old 05-12-2015, 01:36 PM

That is an odd happening Rkstar71. I would try to recreate the scene to see if it happens again unless it frightened you.

Do you have a haunted BUG fresnochili ?

Old 05-12-2015, 09:01 PM

2,501 posts, read 2,063,562 times
Ha Ha ^^^ No, I don't think it's haunted!! lol

I always have weird things happening to me.

Old 05-13-2015, 04:38 AM

2,278 posts, read 2,645,762 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rkstar71 View Post

Probably just the state of mind that you were in at the time.
You said you came off a very stressful week, and then quickly became relaxed.
Sounds kind of normal to me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal