U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 04-12-2015, 04:39 PM
 
Location: The New England part of Ohio
20,834 posts, read 26,177,567 times
Reputation: 56132

Advertisements

Over the past two months my husband, my brother in law (who has been staying with us while he looks for a house in our area) and I have all heard the voice of our 18 year old daughter - when she is at school, at work, or otherwise not home.

It emanates from her bedroom, the bathroom upstairs, the living room and sometimes the screened in porch - which is "L" shaped. So we will be on the front side of the porch and we will hear girlish chatter and giggling from the side of the porch. Last night it was so noticeable that we thought she'd come home from work early and entered the porch on the side, presumably with a friend.

My husband actually got up to check. No one was there and her car was not in the driveway.

Other than the fact that the last owners of the house foreclosed, nothing evil or negative happened in our home. No murders. No suicides. Nothing.

Our house was built in 1923 or 4. The first owners were actually members of the same church that we attend, which is at the end of the block.We know quite a bit about them, both from research and from a couple who are in their late 80s who attend our church and are quite knowledgeable about who lived here, over the years.

The family who built the house had a son and a daughter - the same years apart as our children are - except that the daughter was the eldest.

The daughter attended the same high school as our daughter does, which is not that strange.

She graduated from the University of North Dakota, then entered the army and was a spy - she was fluent in Japanese.

Strangely, our daughter gets a lot of mail from the University of North Dakota. She never expressed an interest in that school. My daughter has expressed an interest in entering the Army, though.

1. Has anyone else ever heard the voice of a living family member when they were not at home?

2. This is a very happy, hectic and heady time in my daughter's life. She is about to graduate from high school, prom is coming up, she is going to be leaving home in the Fall and going away to college - because she is happy - yet anxious - about the changes in her life.

Could this be a form of poltergeist activity?

3. Could the fact that a girl with many similar interests and associations - once lived in her bedroom - attract the spirit of the girl whose parents built the house - be attracted to the goings on here - graduation from her High School, attending her prom, my daughter speaking to Army recruiters.

4. There are no "logical" explanations. We are all hearing my daughter's voice from other rooms. There is no doubt about it.

Any ideas? Any similar experiences?
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 04-12-2015, 05:06 PM
 
13,652 posts, read 22,299,833 times
Reputation: 24561
Can you tell what she is saying? Does it make sense?
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-12-2015, 05:27 PM
 
Location: Venus
5,521 posts, read 3,964,234 times
Reputation: 9771
It is possible that she has left some of her energy behind. I would be curious as to what she was doing at the exact time you heard her voice.



Cat
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-12-2015, 10:28 PM
 
2,321 posts, read 2,284,404 times
Reputation: 3845
My answer is largely in reply to your Question #3:

I wouldn't think of poltergeist activity, but it's certainly possible she (the other daughter) DID leave some energy behind and could even in some way be influencing your daughter, but for good things, as you hear her laughing, etc. As long as you don't start hearing sounds or words that bother you, I really believe residual energy can manifest, especially at a place where so much good (or bad, but in this case, good) things happened.

I think back to my childhood and "teenage-to-adult" home a great deal and even dream I'm there -- STILL. I was very happy there for the most part and the fact that I dream so much about still being there after 30+ years makes me wonder now what's going on with the present owners!

I wouldn't think anything's "bad" about this at all. What happened to the other daughter, who joined the Army and went on to become a spy, fluent in Japanese?

Also, has this only been happening since your brother-in-law arrived? If so, is there anything about him or his life that might tie in with this? What does he think about it?


Very interesting! I'd like to learn more about how this goes!
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-12-2015, 10:32 PM
 
Location: The New England part of Ohio
20,834 posts, read 26,177,567 times
Reputation: 56132
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tallysmom View Post
Can you tell what she is saying? Does it make sense?
No it's not compressible but it sounds like English interspersed with laughter. The few phrases that everyone agrees upon are "Oh you're so funny!" and " do you want to go out later?"

There is more conversation, but none of it scary - it's just garbled. But no different than conversation from another room would sound. It just sounds normal.

Except that she isn't home.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-12-2015, 10:41 PM
 
Location: The New England part of Ohio
20,834 posts, read 26,177,567 times
Reputation: 56132
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tobiashen View Post
My answer is largely in reply to your Question #3:

I wouldn't think of poltergeist activity, but it's certainly possible she (the other daughter) DID leave some energy behind and could even in some way be influencing your daughter, but for good things, as you hear her laughing, etc. As long as you don't start hearing sounds or words that bother you, I really believe residual energy can manifest, especially at a place where so much good (or bad, but in this case, good) things happened.

I think back to my childhood and "teenage-to-adult" home a great deal and even dream I'm there -- STILL. I was very happy there for the most part and the fact that I dream so much about still being there after 30+ years makes me wonder now what's going on with the present owners!

I wouldn't think anything's "bad" about this at all. What happened to the other daughter, who joined the Army and went on to become a spy, fluent in Japanese?

Also, has this only been happening since your brother-in-law arrived? If so, is there anything about him or his life that might tie in with this? What does he think about it?


Very interesting! I'd like to learn more about how this goes!

I agree. Nothing negative. This girl, the first owner's daughter - was quite a star in our community. She was happy and a good student. She seved her country and came back to a welcoming community.

She was married in the church down the street - the same one that our daughter attends.

Yes, teenage to adult is a memorable time! It was for me. I too wonder if at this time of year I am not present in my parent's old home. Running up and down stairs. Chatting on my pink princess phone, or listening to Lou Reed, David Bowie, The Grateful Dead or other bands.

I have never heard of anything like this.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-12-2015, 10:43 PM
 
Location: The New England part of Ohio
20,834 posts, read 26,177,567 times
Reputation: 56132
Quote:
Originally Posted by CatwomanofV View Post
It is possible that she has left some of her energy behind. I would be curious as to what she was doing at the exact time you heard her voice.



Cat

Could you explain more?

I agree about residual energy.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-13-2015, 03:59 AM
 
Location: Auckland, New Zealand
7,102 posts, read 3,547,123 times
Reputation: 3415
One wonders whether this would be akin to 'hauntings'. Residual energy of someone, in this case a happy and vibrant person (or two such persons in this case).

Very interesting.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-13-2015, 09:42 AM
 
Location: Sinking in the Great Salt Lake
13,145 posts, read 20,452,175 times
Reputation: 14042
Default Hearing our daughter's voice when we are not at home

Actually not unusual... well not unusual for paranormal phenomenon anyway.

There are many accounts/instances where a not so friendly entity will "parrot" the voices of other people in the home (especially children), seemingly in an attempt to lure people into a certain room or area of the house.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-13-2015, 10:19 AM
 
Location: Falls Church, Fairfax County
5,168 posts, read 3,623,841 times
Reputation: 6321
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chango View Post
Actually not unusual... well not unusual for paranormal phenomenon anyway.

There are many accounts/instances where a not so friendly entity will "parrot" the voices of other people in the home (especially children), seemingly in an attempt to lure people into a certain room or area of the house.
Example?

BTW, I am not saying that this is not a paranormal situation but there are non-paranormal explanations for this. I sometimes think I hear things that are not there because it is in the back of my mind from when I was listening for some things. I think it is natural for a parent to think of their children and this may cause them to hear their voice.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
Similar Threads

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2021, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Contact Us - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37 - Top