U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-01-2017, 02:22 AM

18,796 posts, read 17,919,027 times

Advertisements

Many years ago, when my brother was working in Morocco, the Peace Corps, he finally, finally got to town to shop, eat, anything and everything. At the end of the day, he went to a bar to have a couple of beers. Wonder of wonders, he sat next to an American. This was not a tourist destination. After a while, my brother asked where he was from. Georgetown. It's not the one that comes to most people's minds. It's a tiny township next to Wilkes-Barre, PA. My family lived there.

My brother met a guy from Georgetown in a small town in a dive bar in Morocco. I can't touch that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-13-2017, 09:07 PM

3,752 posts, read 4,845,455 times
Add to the weird things that happen with me...

Daughter was visiting me from out of state. We went to a store that has discount groceries, not a typical store. I saw something on the shelf that I had seen on a show a few years ago and showed it to my daughter just because I was surprised to see it there (there was just one)..

She left the next day. She calls me up the following day and says "Mom, you won't believe it, that company emailed me and wants to know about my services!" She does demo work. Freaky stuff like this happens all the time to me, but it never ceases to amaze me (or scare me, depending on what it is) Crossing my fingers the company will use her services!!!

Old 09-13-2017, 10:45 PM

63,135 posts, read 52,410,781 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tallysmom View Post
A coincidence along those lines? My husband is one of three boys. First boy, dark blonde hair, blue eyes. second (hubby) Dark brown hair, brown eyes. Both of them are very like parents. Third one? Green eyes, red hair. They joked it was the milkman's kid. One day, there was a huge snowfall and milkman was really late....flaming red hair.

They stopped making that joke.

Both parents have a long ago relative on each side -- think great grandparent or great grand uncle, who had red hair...but grandmas had to remember. Took a while and one of those family dinners.
Another way you can sometimes tell who's carrying the gene for red hair is if someone has freckles and sunburns easily, and maybe has hazel eyes, and/or brown hair with a little red mixed in. Those latent red-hair genes sometimes show tell-tale signs.

Old 09-14-2017, 12:50 PM

9,630 posts, read 3,226,096 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
Another way you can sometimes tell who's carrying the gene for red hair is if someone has freckles and sunburns easily, and maybe has hazel eyes, and/or brown hair with a little red mixed in. Those latent red-hair genes sometimes show tell-tale signs.
Actually I had red hair until I was 13. My son still does and my mother before she died did as well. I have brown eyes and don't sunburn particularly easily. I do have freckles. And red hair over my arms and legs. So probably right.

And for the benefit of someone who posted a rather rude "reputation comment" I was kidding before when I said I thought it was coincidence.

Old Today, 07:15 PM

9,601 posts, read 8,913,849 times
My weirdest coincidence is posting about the BF creatures and to be so surprised by some people choosing it as a hill to die on in denying the existence. I was warned of this and it has came true.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal