Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-14-2015, 03:09 PM

1,376 posts, read 2,164,563 times

Advertisements

About 10 years ago I travelled 3 hours north of Toronto to buy my cottage. The real estate agent said that the elderly couple who owned it were very sad to have to sell it, and they wanted to talk to the new owners about some of the things they had left, and I think they also wanted to know the cottage would be left to someone who would love it as much as they did. So a phone call was set up and I spoke to the husband. I was surprised to hear someone with an English accent and before we ended the call I asked him where he was from.

"Ah, just a little town on the south coast. I have been in Canada for over 30 years."

"Me too," I replied. "Where on the south coast?"

What a surprise I got when he named my home town and more, we both attended the same school although many years apart! 3,000 miles away and 30 yrs later.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-14-2015, 03:32 PM

1,474 posts, read 2,298,767 times
15 years ago, over 1000 miles away, I worked at a corporation in Colorado and I'll always have the address memorized. That company has since folded, and I live in Virginia now, but apparently the address is still there, because at my boyfriend's house last week I saw an envelope addressed to him, and the return address was my old place of work. I asked him about the address, and told him I used to work there. He said it's his mortgage company!

Last edited by Zelpha; 04-14-2015 at 05:01 PM..

Old 04-14-2015, 03:50 PM

5,851 posts, read 5,275,259 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by linda814 View Post
My mom always played 222 in the Michigan lottery 3 digit..came in a lot....so when she passed away my sister put her ashes in the little cubby at the cemetery wall number 222.....I went there one day and noticed the people next door to her..THEY WERE MY OLD NEIGHBORS FOR YEARS PARENTS....UNbelievable...I did talk to the neighbor once after that.she couldn;t believe it either....

I see 222 EVERYWHERE....the weirdest was when we were in Puerto Rico in February and sitting at the Bacardi Factory parking lot for our tour and a bus pulled up next to us and it was number 222...even last month when I did the contest on here....I JUST HAD TO ANSWER ONE MORE POST..MY COUNT WAS 223...

The number of my mother's house was 222.

BTW, I was in PR in February, too-but not at the Bacardi factory.

Cat

Old 04-14-2015, 04:18 PM

6,219 posts, read 5,937,672 times
One other odd coincidence I forgot to add to my list. In 1987 I was living in NC and started going through my business card collection. I came across a long-time Illinois friend's card who I hadn't seen in a couple of years, and thought to myself that I needed to talk to her and catch up. The phone rang a short time later; guess who it was?

Old 04-14-2015, 04:33 PM

3,770 posts, read 6,739,508 times
I have a weird thing with time, where I set the microwave or I set a timer and I feel like I need to go to it and when I do, at that moment the microwave beeps or the timer goes off.

When a newscaster gets ready to say a number, I think the number before they say it. Same thing happens a lot when people are talking. I hear a word they are going to say, then they say it.

I sometimes solve a math problem before trying to. The number instantly pops in my head. But if I tried to do the math problem, to check that the number is correct, it takes a normal amount of time.

I've had stranger things happen, but I'm not sure if they are real.

The timer thing, just happened as I finished my post. I got a weird feeling, it got stronger and stronger, then the timer went off.

Old 04-14-2015, 04:50 PM

Location: where you sip the tea of the breasts of the spinsters of Utica
8,297 posts, read 14,157,672 times
Hmmm ...... three 1111ers and one 222er. Now we need a 333er.

Old 04-14-2015, 04:53 PM

Location: where you sip the tea of the breasts of the spinsters of Utica
8,297 posts, read 14,157,672 times
Heh ...... everyone look at the time of the post above mine!

Old 04-14-2015, 05:12 PM

95 posts, read 101,603 times
my mom would have the same dream over and over again. The dream takes place at her sisters house, where in real life we would all gather for xmas. she would be at her sisters house with all the relatives milling around she would say out loud wait why are we here its not Christmas so she figures its for a funeral?

she starts counting heads in each of the rooms to see who isn't here and as she looks into one of the bedrooms the coats are all piled up on the bed as in real life. she goes into the kitchen and notices that the kitchen has been remodeled with all new applences, new wall paper and a new kitchen table and new clock.

She always wakes up before she can figure out who has isn't there. this dream goes on for a good 2 yrs.

until..... the phone rang it was my cousin saying her mom has died. when my mom went to the house after the funeral every thing was just like her dream, right down to the coats all on the bed, as she nears the kitchen she thinks hmmm remembering her dream. yep that kitchen was just like she dreamed it, right down to that darn clock on the wall.
now she knows who was missing....

I always thought that was really strange and wanted to add it to all these great stories so far
Great topic,

Old 04-14-2015, 05:42 PM

3,770 posts, read 6,739,508 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woof View Post
Hmmm ...... three 1111ers and one 222er. Now we need a 333er.

I like the 333 thing because there's 3 3s

how about a 444...

Old 04-14-2015, 07:58 PM

10,226 posts, read 7,574,766 times
Something happens to me on a recurring basis in my life. Maybe it happens to other people, too?

What happens is that when I'm typing, and I go to the next line, several of the words I type happen to be the exact same words on the prior line, and in the exact same place on the line. I don't plan it that way. It just happens. These are words that I'm creating or copying from something else like a draft (I've been a paralegal for years...lots of drafts of legal documents).

Like this would be just one example of when that happens. I might be going along like this, as I type,
then will go to the next line and type something, then when that happens, I'll see it happen as I type.

This happens several times a year. I'm sure it's just a coincidence. But it creeps me out. Sometimes I go back and change it.

Last edited by bpollen; 04-14-2015 at 08:11 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal