U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Thanksgiving Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-14-2015, 09:02 PM

5,171 posts, read 2,340,846 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by FelixTheCat View Post
I have a weird thing with time, where I set the microwave or I set a timer and I feel like I need to go to it and when I do, at that moment the microwave beeps or the timer goes off.

When a newscaster gets ready to say a number, I think the number before they say it. Same thing happens a lot when people are talking. I hear a word they are going to say, then they say it.

I sometimes solve a math problem before trying to. The number instantly pops in my head. But if I tried to do the math problem, to check that the number is correct, it takes a normal amount of time.

I've had stranger things happen, but I'm not sure if they are real.

The timer thing, just happened as I finished my post. I got a weird feeling, it got stronger and stronger, then the timer went off.
Wow. Are you clairvoyant, you think?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-14-2015, 10:17 PM

10,270 posts, read 3,515,707 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 6.7traveler View Post
Curious about any strange coincidences that have happened to people?
Here's a really strange one. My great-grandfather on my mother's side was a red head. My maternal grandfather had red hair that converted over to brown. My mother was a red head. I had red hair that converted over to brown around when I was 13. My older son is 19 and has red hair.

I can think of no other explanation than coincidence.

Old 04-14-2015, 10:22 PM

3,276 posts, read 4,663,650 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bpollen View Post
Wow. Are you clairvoyant, you think?
I don't know. There's lots of things that we don't know about how the world works. It could be a combination of things, like intuition, pattern recognition or subconscious problem solving. I also wonder if some people are sensitive in being able to pick up on signals from electronics. Like one other person here said they turn on the radio and the song they were thinking of is playing. The same thing used to happen to me a lot.

Maybe I'll see if I can test the timer thing sometime. I could see if someone else sets the timer, if I could get a sense of when it's going to beep. At least then I might know if it's just that I have a good sense of time or something else.

Old 04-14-2015, 10:35 PM

4,542 posts, read 3,894,364 times
I once walked into myself as I turned a corner and both of us fell down and when I got up there was only one of us again.

Old 04-14-2015, 11:27 PM

3,276 posts, read 4,663,650 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SandyJet View Post
I once walked into myself as I turned a corner and both of us fell down and when I got up there was only one of us again.
Did you get any cuts from the broken mirror?

Old 04-15-2015, 06:50 AM

5,958 posts, read 6,644,635 times
I was pregnant with my fourth child when I awoke with some distinct signals that I was going into labor. I made a cup of tea and watched TV until I was sure.

I went into the bedroom to wake my husband, very quietly called his name. He opened his eyes, looked at me as if he didn't know who I was, then sat up and said, "I just had a crazy dream - Rocky Colavito (MLB player) ran the 100 (yard dash) in nine-one (seconds)." I said "Good for Rocky. Since I'm about to have this baby, you need to wake up." (Parentheses mine)

It being a 45 minute drive to the hospital, and it being the dead of winter with snow and ice all over, he opted to call the ambulance to transport us. We made it to the hospital without incident. This was before the days of ultrasounds and prior knowledge of the foetal sex.

At 3:45 AM, I delivered my fourth child, my fourth son, who weighed in at a bouncing... wait for it... nine-one. Nine pounds, one ounce. The hubs, remembering his dream, was all for naming the kid "Rocky" but I prevailed and gave him the name we had picked before Himself, who always swore he never dreamed, had what he figured was a revelation.

Old 04-15-2015, 06:58 AM

11,066 posts, read 9,052,985 times
Flying from NY to Denver...BIG full plane.

A fly was caught inside...landing on back of seats, up on the overhead luggage doors...

I closed my eyes and talked to it..."You'll be ok little fly...follow me
when the door opens and you will be free again."

In 1 second, from 8 rows away, my eyes still closed, it landed
right on the tip of my nose.

Love is a magnet.

Old 04-15-2015, 07:07 AM

1,302 posts, read 551,350 times
This one is minor but was funny (and disgusting) at the time.

Two weeks ago, Saturday morning, I had a taste for a turkey hero and procrastinated going to the store to get one, I told myself I'd head out at a specific time. I finally went out, walked to the store--and as I entered and turned the corner of the aisle to the deli counter--the words 'one turkey hero, everything on it' LITERALLY balanced on my tongue--the owner, who was standing behind the counter, sneezed all over the meat slicer. I stood there speechless for a second, then quickly turned around and went to buy a bag of chips and a couple of beers.

Had I been a moment later in entering the store I would've had no knowledge of the sneeze, and I doubt he would've cared. I had to chuckle out loud at it.

Old 04-15-2015, 04:20 PM

3,738 posts, read 5,290,310 times
Several posts are reminding me of other coincidences.
One being....
First day of junior high, I was quite the shy one back then. I sat in the back of class and another girl sat next to me. We both had binders with horses on the cover...when the trapper keepers hit the scene. It took me a while but I finally broke the ice with the horse thing.
We get our lockers assigned and we have our lockers right next to each other.
She was shy too, so these two events solidified a bond.
We hung out all week. Come Monday, she says to me, 'you know my sister (name)' ... I hesitated because I was not making the connection. Then she informed me that her sister worked for my mother. BAM! I was hit with knowing. I had been to her house long before ever meeting her, as I had gone there with my mother.
Now it did not stop there. If you took our first and middle names, and swapped them, and shortened my first name; the names are the same. (And the letter Q was the only letter between the first letters of our last names.

Old 04-16-2015, 03:20 AM

4,295 posts, read 1,831,332 times
Mine would be this one. Unexplained Text Message

I was grieving the death of my son and wondering whether there was life after death. I called out to him saying "if only you could send me a sign". My mobile received a text from his mother just then and there was this draft text which was a copy of a year old message regarding the viewing of his body (the copy did have a few errors). That was weird. My mobile just coincidently had a glitch of that nature at that time and the intended recipient was significant too.

Last edited by 303Guy; 04-16-2015 at 03:29 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal