Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-24-2015, 02:03 PM

1,376 posts, read 2,164,563 times

Advertisements

I emigrated to Canada from England, with my family during my teens. My second husband is Canadian born, going back several generations. He knew nothing about his heritage except that there was some Irish on his mother's side and that his dad's side was mainly English. His dad told me he had no idea where their family came from in England, but suspected it was Essex.

When I researched his dad's family, after 4 generations of Canadians, I was able to find the village of his ancestors - where his family had lived for at least 10 generations, just six miles away from my own birthplace
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-25-2015, 09:54 AM

576 posts, read 421,982 times
I started thinking about an old friend I hadn't seen in around 5 years out of the blue one day and they rang me like 5 minutes later.

Old 04-25-2015, 04:22 PM

1,259 posts, read 1,249,853 times
Every coin I find on the ground is always heads up.

Old 04-25-2015, 07:40 PM

2,542 posts, read 6,913,045 times
After my grandmother's funeral, the family decided to go to neighboring town for lunch, but wanted to swing by the old farm. Imagine their surprise when they arrived to a smoldering ruins.

That morning, a freak bolt of lightening hit the house and it burned to the ground very quickly (luckily, everyone had gotten out safely, but it was close). The thing is, there are giant pines, mucher taller than the house, right next to it, with a tall tv antenna tower between the trees and the house (it's shorter than the trees but much taller than the house). But the lightening didn't hit any of the tall things, but the house.

Old 05-22-2015, 03:12 PM

264 posts, read 190,697 times
I wanted to post when the thread started, but I'm glad I didn't as I have another to add.

I worked with a guy for a few years. He's much younger than me but we got along well. I left there about a year ago but we've kept in touch occasionally. I saw him at the workplace in early fall last year. He was looking for work and asked me to keep an eye open for him, and I've asked him to do the same for me.

One morning last year a newsletter from a friends company came through my facebook feed. I glanced at it as I was looking for certain jobs. I don't know what my friend does other than what he did at the job we worked together at, but I remember he mentioned that he used to repair something prior to that job, and one of the jobs in the newsletter required that knowledge of that industry so I forwarded it along to him. He writes me back to thank me and tells me he had just that day gotten back from a hiring conference in a broad industry (what I sent him was more specific). I had no idea he was interested in that industry! Absolutely zilch. I never would've guessed it had you asked.

Not a week later, I'm talking to the guys at work about a task we may need. They're talking about hiring someone with a certain license. I know a guy that has it, but he's 3 hours away and works weekends. I think, I'll touch base with my other friend and see if he does. He doesn't BUT he was just looking into it for a business he was thinking of starting.

At this point I feel like I'm stalking the poor guy!

So those were both in September or so. Since then we've been talking about him doing some work for me. it's been a long process due to the never-ending winter. We touched base about a month ago and he said he was in the middle of another project, he was leaving the job soon, and we left it that he'd let me know when he was finished otherwise I'd touch base with him in 3 weeks. A month goes by and I reach out to him yesterday. I ask how where's he's at and if he's moved into his new field yet? An hour later I get a pic of a piece of equipment he had just picked up for his new position. As in he got it yesterday, just before I reached out to him.

I joked that my psychic powers are super scary, but deep inside I'm wondering what on earth he thinks!

What I wish is that my powers were good enough that he would just contact me when I think of reaching out to him lol

Old 07-01-2015, 02:07 PM

3,352 posts, read 2,822,657 times
Just remembered another one...we were at a police convention dinner 200 miles from home and people were playing around at the next table....the guy threw a peanut or something and hit me in the head....he apologized...no biggie...next night we saw him at the restaurant he made some joke and that was that..... a year later I am at my friend's house for a pool party and I see this guy told him he looks familiar and I know I know him from somewhere.....wracking my brain I finally remembered......it was at the convention......THAT was a weird coincidence!!!

Old 07-01-2015, 03:44 PM

6,319 posts, read 7,238,463 times
Good Lord where do I start?

These freaky things happen to me all the time.

I have a BFF in a different country and the amount of similar things happening to us at the same time is beyond coincidence, for example just yesterday we BOTH hurt our left elbows. The list goes on and on of experiences we share even while not knowing what the other is doing.

One experience jumps to mind - I was dating a guy I liked a bit too much, who had cancelled a date at the last minute (cant remember why but I remember being very disappointed).

I got talking to a couple of strangers at the club (I went anyway) and imagine my shock when I found out they were his INTERSTATE cousins just flown over for the weekend for some other random reason.

I had mentioned some douche had stood me up too...so red face for me...

Old 07-02-2015, 09:58 AM

3,352 posts, read 2,822,657 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cindersslipper View Post
Good Lord where do I start?

These freaky things happen to me all the time.

I have a BFF in a different country and the amount of similar things happening to us at the same time is beyond coincidence, for example just yesterday we BOTH hurt our left elbows. The list goes on and on of experiences we share even while not knowing what the other is doing.

One experience jumps to mind - I was dating a guy I liked a bit too much, who had cancelled a date at the last minute (cant remember why but I remember being very disappointed).

I got talking to a couple of strangers at the club (I went anyway) and imagine my shock when I found out they were his INTERSTATE cousins just flown over for the weekend for some other random reason.

I had mentioned some douche had stood me up too...so red face for me...
HA! I had a garage sale and my husband had some police items out there.. like paper targets and junk and this woman asked where he got those from..I told him he just retired blah blah blah...she said..OH I had enough of police THANK you very much..I dated an ---------- cop.... I laughed and said..hey so did I long ago his name wasn't Terry by any chance was it???

IT WAS THE SAME JERK...we had a good little convo... THAT was weird...small damn world...

Old 07-02-2015, 10:32 AM

423 posts, read 457,794 times
My parents and I don't have any luck with RED cars. They've owned a few and I've had one. Here's a quick summary of each:

late 90s Honda Passport SUV. Red. My dad brought it off craigslist or something and all of the fuel lines leaked. After months of shady shops charging for undone repairs, my dad sells it, everything goes well. 2 months later the buyer gets into a hit and run accident and they trace the car back to my dad cause the buyer never registered it. Luckily we still had the receipt from when the plates were surrendered.

09 Toyota Yaris. Red. Brought it brand new on like March 28th or 29th 2009. Well March 28/29th 2010, it got totaled. Exactly ONE year after buying the car, it got totaled. But that's not it.

07 Toyota Corolla. Red. Registered the car early October of 2013. Well early October 2014, the car is stolen and totaled by the thief.

99 Subaru Forester. Red. Head gaskets start leaking a year later.

This one is a little different. I get a 05 Chevrolet Silverado for a few weeks. It was red. It was Friday, October 31st(Halloween), I'm with a few friends and we're driving through this mud trail and the truck gets high centered in 2 ft of standing water. Luckily I was able to find someone to drag it out. Cracked a drive shaft, blew 2 tires, bent the skid plate, bent the y-pipe etc. it wasn't cheap or easy to get it fixed.

Now its a weird coincidence that there has never been a single RED car that has been in the family for over 1 year. Have no issues with every other color on the spectrum. Black, white, silver, green, blue, etc no issues at all. And I was totality freaked out when my truck got stuck. It was halloween, on a FRIDAY, and switch the numbers around and it's Friday the 13th.

Old 07-04-2015, 06:22 PM

726 posts, read 1,228,673 times
Relocating from Ak to Pa, was using my daughters PO box number until I decided if I wanted to live in that town. At some point I started writing the wrong number for friends to write me, when I went to get my own box number the post mistress tells me of my mistake. I ask for my own box # and the only number she has available is the number I was using by mistake.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal