Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-05-2015, 03:35 AM

9,512 posts, read 6,096,551 times

Advertisements

It was either March or maybe April of 2001. I was 34 years old & at a very pivotal point in my life. For the 3rd time in 11 years, I had lost everything & was starting over. I was single (by choice), living in a VERY tiny 1 bedroom apartment & had just found out I was pregnant. (My twin girls are now 13 years old!)
I had a very active (but sober) social life back then & was not intimidated by any scene; from biker bars to hip hop clubs. It was a Saturday night around 10pm & my friend Dena had called me 3 or 4 times wanting me to join her at a bar where our friend’s band was performing. Out of character for me, I wasn’t in the mood for it that night. I was a little tired, had a lot on my mind & actually just wanted to stay home & zone out on the TV. I wasn’t sad, or upset. I just wanted
quiet.
Maybe a half hour after her last call, I got up off the couch to use the restroom. On my way out I paused to wash my hands at the sink, glanced at myself in the mirror & froze.
In the mirror, I could see the silhouette of someone standing behind me. I couldn’t see any features but it “felt” masculine & he was tall; at least 6’4”. The weird thing was that although I was shocked I actually felt no fear. Slowly, I turned around & it was gone.
I checked my locks on my windows & doors but found nothing wrong & still feeling unafraid, sat back down on my couch, where I stayed for an uneventful hour or so.
Eventually, I had to get up to find my phone’s charger cord which I had left in my bedroom. My bed at the time was a waterbed frame with a mirrored headboard & a standard box spring/mattress inside. I didn’t bother to flip on the light but flopped across the top of the bed to grab the cord off the headboard. Pushing myself up off the bed, it happened AGAIN: In the mirror I saw the tall shadowy figure in the doorway behind me. I think I must have stared at him for 10 seconds or so, and then turned over to look at him. But he was gone.
By this time my ears were ringing, but I was still eerily unafraid. Again, I calmly returned to my couch & TV, where I remained for about 20 minutes until a loud knock at my door made me jump out of my skin!
It was Dena; loud & tipsy, she bounced through my door, past the bedroom & plopped herself into a bean bag. “Hey, I just came to see if you were ok, you didn’t sound like yourself earlier!” she said. Then, leaning forward, she whispered “Why didn’t you just tell me?” Confused, I asked “Tell you what?”
Rolling her eyes, she said ”You know; that guy that’s sitting on your bed! Why didn’t you just tell me you were going to have company tonight?”
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-05-2015, 10:05 AM

227 posts, read 195,160 times
I've had coincidences happen to me, I just can't think of any right now. However, my parents came to mind.

Before I was born, my dad had a car that he never had any luck with. It would always break down, once one thing got fixed, something else would break, just a bunch of random stuff. He even joked that the car was cursed.

Well, he got into an accident with it, and afterwards, he was trying to figure out what to do with it. It was salvageable, but he was weighing his options. He took it to a mechanic friend of his for a second opinion. I'll go ahead and add that in my home country back then, license plates were made up of 4 numbers.

So, he and the mechanic friend are talking and then the friend looks at the car's license plate, pauses and says "Did you ever notice that when you add the first two and last two numbers, then add those two numbers, you get the number 13?" My father said, no he never noticed. They got to talking some more and come to find out, my dad bought the car on a thirteenth (not on a Friday), that the speedometer had just passed 13,000 miles, and he had bought it for around $1,300, give or take. Something about the registration number had the number 13 too, and the day he got into the accident, if you added the month and the day, you got 13 as well. Well, my father isn't a superstitious man, but he put that car up for sale and bought a new one.

My mother would think of people just out of the blue, and the next time the phone would ring, they'd be on the other line. Some were friends she saw regularly, but many times it was people she hadn't heard from in months, or even years, or people who lived outside the country. I'm from the Caribbean and during my childhood, we had several hurricanes every summer. Some would hit, some would miss. Well, we had many close calls, where it looked like we would get a direct hit. My mother would look at the forecast map and she'd say quite confidently "It's going to shift (insert direction)". The forecasters would be dead certain we were in for a direct hit, but my mother would keep saying "It's going to shift, don't worry." And sure enough, sometimes with a day or two to spare, it would shift in the direction she said it would. She could also tell the severity of the hurricane season just by looking at the mango harvest, but I think that's something she learned from her grandmother.

Old 07-05-2015, 11:47 AM

2,309 posts, read 3,848,623 times
I live in South Carolina and was driving back home to Ohio for the holidays I think. Stopped in Tennessee for gas and to grab a snack, etc... Gas station was attached to a McDonalds. Got out of the car and noticed that the guy taking out the trash for the McD's looked just like my principal who I hadn't seen in like 8 years. Did a double take but didn't want to attract attention from the guy. Went in, used the restroom, bought my snacks, pre-paid my gas, etc... went back outside to my car and I SWEAR I heard a voice say "hey Greenvillebuckeye" in a calm mild tone of voice, turned around and it was the same guy but his back was turned to me walking back into the McD's. To this day I hope it's not him. How would a man in his mid-60's with a PhD from Ohio end up taking out the trash at a McDonalds in a small BFE town in the hills of Tennessee?? (nothing against Tennessee)

4 of my last 5 relationships have been with girls whose first names begin with the letter J and 3 of those were all named Jennifer.

Old 07-05-2015, 11:47 AM

24,099 posts, read 32,448,969 times
A picture of an old boyfriend and I showed up in my night table. He was a somewhat famous rock musician. Ten minutes after I awakened, the phone rang and it was his brother, telling me that he had died.

I'd put all things related to him into a scrap book. The appearance of a picture of the two of us at the beach in East Hampton NY was jarring. It was one of our favorite places to get away and he had a small condo on the beach there.

Even stranger, since I started tying this - a commercial using a song that he wrote JUST CAME ON TV!!! (HGTV - Beach front renovations commercial).

Wow....

Old 07-06-2015, 09:04 AM

3,751 posts, read 7,670,168 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sheena12 View Post
A picture of an old boyfriend and I showed up in my night table. He was a somewhat famous rock musician. Ten minutes after I awakened, the phone rang and it was his brother, telling me that he had died.

I'd put all things related to him into a scrap book. The appearance of a picture of the two of us at the beach in East Hampton NY was jarring. It was one of our favorite places to get away and he had a small condo on the beach there.

Even stranger, since I started tying this - a commercial using a song that he wrote JUST CAME ON TV!!! (HGTV - Beach front renovations commercial).

Wow....
He apparently still thinks fondly of you...

Old 07-11-2015, 10:17 PM

2,563 posts, read 3,681,436 times
This may not be a coincidence, but it was sort of strange. One time, when I was a poor starving college student back in the 70s, my car broke and needed about $39.50 worth of work. I had no way to come up with that much money over the short term. Still, I took the car to the shop to be fixed and figured I'd worry about how to pay for it later. On the walk home in the rain, I found two $20 bills laying in a puddle.

Old 07-12-2015, 10:52 AM

170 posts, read 316,348 times
This thread has kept me up all night last night. I love these stories

Here's my share & I don't tell much people since it felt too unreal but otherwise a true story

I was on the end of my unemployment benefits and my very last check was about to be issued. I was seriously looking for a job and went on so many interviews but no luck. I was actually hanging out here and posting on city data during that downtime. So here I am in front of a church/shrine here in the bay area. I'm not all that religious and I don't go to church every Sunday.

I determined that this was the lowest point of my life and the world sucks. My faith in god has went out the door and my belief just dropped. At this point I was angry/ seriously depressed from lack of job opportunities. I don't wish this feeling on anyone, it's not the best feeling when you're unable to support a family. Then you start to blame people/god for putting you in this situation.

Yes. it was definitely a very bad situation for me.

So there I was in front of the shrine with this horrible attitude. I don't know why but even though I was still praying to god but also pointing fingers.

You guys ready to hear this??

I asked god for a sign during that prayer. I'm on a park bench in front of the shrine, it was dark and there was only a few people. I felt my phone vibrate and thought nothing of it, must have been a friend texting me. Well I put my hand in my pocket and grabbed my phone. Unlocked the phone and I had an email notification, it's 9PM so I'm not even expecting something like this but here's a screenshot of it :

WOW!!? UNBELIEVABLE! Did this really happen right now? Who seriously works at 9PM?

At this point I had tears in my eyes and had no idea what just happened. I got all my energy back and took back everything I said. On the drive back home I didn't know what to think.

Pure Coincidence?

Can I prove this was a coincidence?
Can I prove God was behind this?
Maybe it just happened right? Lowest point of my life, in front of a church @ 9PM?

That's also not the end of it.

The following day I received. 1 interview request from a company and my current employer now. Although I didn't get the job from the company that sent me that email, it ended up pretty good.

I still don't know what to think of it and only god knows what actually happened that night..
Attached Thumbnails
Weirdest Coincidences that have happened to you?-4.jpg   Weirdest Coincidences that have happened to you?-5.jpg  

Old 07-12-2015, 12:06 PM

1,474 posts, read 2,299,317 times
^^^Glad your employment prospects picked up that night, shocktop!

I'm in love for the first time in my long life, and he invited me to live with him. Hugging him one night, I saw on the table next to us an envelope, the return address was a place I used to work 15 years ago...over 1600 miles away. It was a telecom company when I worked there but they have since gone out of business. I asked him about the address and he said it's where he sends his mortgage payments.

That address was a significant part of my life at the time I worked there because I was building my life around it, and it was the most grown-up, professional job I'd ever had. Since then my life fell off track when I married a sour grape of a man, now finally divorced, starting anew, I am with the man of my dreams, and I feel like the dots are connecting.

Old 07-13-2015, 10:19 PM

2,334 posts, read 2,646,570 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shocktop View Post
This thread has kept me up all night last night. I love these stories

Here's my share & I don't tell much people since it felt too unreal but otherwise a true story

I was on the end of my unemployment benefits and my very last check was about to be issued. I was seriously looking for a job and went on so many interviews but no luck. I was actually hanging out here and posting on city data during that downtime. So here I am in front of a church/shrine here in the bay area. I'm not all that religious and I don't go to church every Sunday.

I determined that this was the lowest point of my life and the world sucks. My faith in god has went out the door and my belief just dropped. At this point I was angry/ seriously depressed from lack of job opportunities. I don't wish this feeling on anyone, it's not the best feeling when you're unable to support a family. Then you start to blame people/god for putting you in this situation.

Yes. it was definitely a very bad situation for me.

So there I was in front of the shrine with this horrible attitude. I don't know why but even though I was still praying to god but also pointing fingers.

You guys ready to hear this??

I asked god for a sign during that prayer. I'm on a park bench in front of the shrine, it was dark and there was only a few people. I felt my phone vibrate and thought nothing of it, must have been a friend texting me. Well I put my hand in my pocket and grabbed my phone. Unlocked the phone and I had an email notification, it's 9PM so I'm not even expecting something like this but here's a screenshot of it :

WOW!!? UNBELIEVABLE! Did this really happen right now? Who seriously works at 9PM?

At this point I had tears in my eyes and had no idea what just happened. I got all my energy back and took back everything I said. On the drive back home I didn't know what to think.

Pure Coincidence?

Can I prove this was a coincidence?
Can I prove God was behind this?
Maybe it just happened right? Lowest point of my life, in front of a church @ 9PM?

That's also not the end of it.

The following day I received. 1 interview request from a company and my current employer now. Although I didn't get the job from the company that sent me that email, it ended up pretty good.

I still don't know what to think of it and only god knows what actually happened that night..
That is what I needed to hear right now; feeling very low and have been speaking to God about it all day. It brought tears to my eyes. Thank you for the post.

Old 07-14-2015, 12:21 PM

1,376 posts, read 2,165,144 times
Oh man... this gave me goosebumps and a small headache!! Did you see him again? Were you able to stay in your apartment that night? Did you ever look into any of the apartment's history after that?

Quote:
Originally Posted by coschristi View Post
It was either March or maybe April of 2001. I was 34 years old & at a very pivotal point in my life. For the 3rd time in 11 years, I had lost everything & was starting over. I was single (by choice), living in a VERY tiny 1 bedroom apartment & had just found out I was pregnant. (My twin girls are now 13 years old!)
I had a very active (but sober) social life back then & was not intimidated by any scene; from biker bars to hip hop clubs. It was a Saturday night around 10pm & my friend Dena had called me 3 or 4 times wanting me to join her at a bar where our friend’s band was performing. Out of character for me, I wasn’t in the mood for it that night. I was a little tired, had a lot on my mind & actually just wanted to stay home & zone out on the TV. I wasn’t sad, or upset. I just wanted
quiet.
Maybe a half hour after her last call, I got up off the couch to use the restroom. On my way out I paused to wash my hands at the sink, glanced at myself in the mirror & froze.
In the mirror, I could see the silhouette of someone standing behind me. I couldn’t see any features but it “felt” masculine & he was tall; at least 6’4”. The weird thing was that although I was shocked I actually felt no fear. Slowly, I turned around & it was gone.
I checked my locks on my windows & doors but found nothing wrong & still feeling unafraid, sat back down on my couch, where I stayed for an uneventful hour or so.
Eventually, I had to get up to find my phone’s charger cord which I had left in my bedroom. My bed at the time was a waterbed frame with a mirrored headboard & a standard box spring/mattress inside. I didn’t bother to flip on the light but flopped across the top of the bed to grab the cord off the headboard. Pushing myself up off the bed, it happened AGAIN: In the mirror I saw the tall shadowy figure in the doorway behind me. I think I must have stared at him for 10 seconds or so, and then turned over to look at him. But he was gone.
By this time my ears were ringing, but I was still eerily unafraid. Again, I calmly returned to my couch & TV, where I remained for about 20 minutes until a loud knock at my door made me jump out of my skin!
It was Dena; loud & tipsy, she bounced through my door, past the bedroom & plopped herself into a bean bag. “Hey, I just came to see if you were ok, you didn’t sound like yourself earlier!” she said. Then, leaning forward, she whispered “Why didn’t you just tell me?” Confused, I asked “Tell you what?”
Rolling her eyes, she said ”You know; that guy that’s sitting on your bed! Why didn’t you just tell me you were going to have company tonight?”
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal