Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-17-2015, 06:17 AM

6,219 posts, read 5,943,174 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by David910 View Post
This is something I think of often. Do some of these skeptics realize just how many sitings there in a given year? I'm not a moron, and I realize that 90% of these are either misidentifications or hoaxes, but they can't all be, there are just too many of people saying very similar things to just write it off as nothing. When a witness sees a bigfoot right in front of his/her eyes and it is 8-9 feet tall or whatever, they aren't merely seeing a random guy in a random location trying to play a trick on a stranger...
There aren't thousands of reported sightings in the BFRO database:

BFRO Geographical Database of Bigfoot Sightings & Reports

Take California - there are 427 entries dating back to 1959. And if 90% of those are misidentifications or hoaxes as you say, that leaves 42 unexplained reports over a 55 year period. That's less than one per year in California, which most enthusiasts would say is one of the hotbeds of Bigfoot activity. And if we assume only ten per cent of those seeing something actually report it so it ends up in BFRO's database, that still means less than ten unexplained sightings per year in California. Skeptics will note that "unexplained" doesn't mean "there's a giant unknown primate living in California".

Last edited by Vasily; 04-17-2015 at 06:25 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-17-2015, 06:41 AM

12,282 posts, read 13,239,617 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woof View Post
It's well known in law enforcement that people misjudge size if they're scared of someone, so that a 5'8" male might become 6'2" in their eyes.

Also, grizzlies standing up can be 8-9 ft tall.

So ....... where are the bones? We've been collecting bones and bone fossils for a very long time now, and have them of every large mammal in North America.

Where are the bones?
I am with you on that. All i know is i was told that they will retrieve the dead. Where they take them i have no idea.

Old 04-17-2015, 08:48 AM

5,462 posts, read 9,636,292 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Versatile View Post
I am with you on that. All i know is i was told that they will retrieve the dead. Where they take them i have no idea.
How do you know they retrieve the dead?

Old 04-17-2015, 08:54 AM

22,920 posts, read 28,273,802 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NightBazaar View Post
Someone told him. How did that person know?

Someone probably told that person. How did that person know?

Someone probably told that person.

As much as I love LOOOOVE the Bigfoot discussions, my eyes get exhausted from rolling after a while.

Old 04-17-2015, 09:04 AM

Quote:

I know because back about 2000 a friend of mine and his brother caught one looking in the window at his kids. The kids called him at his brothers and they drove near the house and parked on the road and crept in. As the brother came around the east end of the house he bumped right into it. He fired 2 rounds from a SKS. One in the throat and one to the gut. The BF ran off to the back of the property and down in a very steep ravine. As they approached the ravine they found a puke pile and could hear it moaning. Then they said it sounded like all hell broke loose as other BF came tearing through the brush towards them and the shot Bf. They concluded they had no business being there and were pretty freaked out about shooting the thing. They rushed back to the house to check on the kids and the next day they found a lot of blood but no BF. Other men have told me also that they retrieve the dead.

Last edited by Versatile; 04-17-2015 at 09:49 AM..

Old 04-17-2015, 11:41 AM

Quote:
I know because back about 2000 a friend of mine and his brother caught one looking in the window at his kids. The kids called him at his brothers and they drove near the house and parked on the road and crept in. As the brother came around the east end of the house he bumped right into it. He fired 2 rounds from a SKS. One in the throat and one to the gut. The BF ran off to the back of the property and down in a very steep ravine. As they approached the ravine they found a puke pile and could hear it moaning. Then they said it sounded like all hell broke loose as other BF came tearing through the brush towards them and the shot Bf. They concluded they had no business being there and were pretty freaked out about shooting the thing. They rushed back to the house to check on the kids and the next day they found a lot of blood but no BF. Other men have told me also that they retrieve the dead.
Thanks. Admittedly, it sounds a lot like someone had told you a pretty tall yarn. Regardless, your presumption is based on what some people had told you. I'm not saying they're lying, but all you know is from the tale they told you, right? In other words, you don't actually know if BF retrieves its dead ir not. Even if it were true, I'm not sure how it can be presumed that the creature was actually dead and that others recovered it just because it was missing. As you said, they went out the next day and found blood but no BF.

If these things are as large as some claim, wouldn't it seem possible that a relatively large amount of blood could be found without the thing necessarily being dead? What I mean is that if you or I to lost a similar amount of blood, it might be fatal. But for the same amount from such a creature, assuming it to be a larger hominid, it might be enough to weaken the creature, but not enough to kill it. Just thinking out loud.

Old 04-17-2015, 11:50 AM

Quote:
Thanks. Admittedly, it sounds a lot like someone had told you a pretty tall yarn. Regardless, your presumption is based on what some people had told you. I'm not saying they're lying, but all you know is from the tale they told you, right? In other words, you don't actually know if BF retrieves its dead ir not. Even if it were true, I'm not sure how it can be presumed that the creature was actually dead and that others recovered it just because it was missing. As you said, they went out the next day and found blood but no BF.

If these things are as large as some claim, wouldn't it seem possible that a relatively large amount of blood could be found without the thing necessarily being dead? What I mean is that if you or I to lost a similar amount of blood, it might be fatal. But for the same amount from such a creature, assuming it to be a larger hominid, it might be enough to weaken the creature, but not enough to kill it. Just thinking out loud.
Second hand i can see how you might think that. This guy is a very good friend and in the area he lives your word is your bond. When your word is no good then you are no good. Just the same as it is with me.
It is the truth.

Old 04-17-2015, 12:24 PM

Quote:
Second hand i can see how you might think that. This guy is a very good friend and in the area he lives your word is your bond. When your word is no good then you are no good. Just the same as it is with me.
It is the truth.
All I'm saying is that words alone are never as reliable as actual evidence, regardless of how good or honest a person's word may be. So what you're saying is that you heard it from someone, and in turn are passing it on here from your word as truth. I'm not saying that you or or your friend are lying. I'm saying that we're getting 3rd hand verbal information here. How is anyone here suppose to know it's actually "truth" or not? And that's one of the big problems with discussions about Bigfoot. It's almost always what someone else has said, with no conclusive evidence of the creature.

Did your friend carefully collect any blood, tissue or hair samples for testing? That could make a really big difference.

Old 04-17-2015, 12:37 PM

Quote:
All I'm saying is that words alone are never as reliable as actual evidence, regardless of how good or honest a person's word may be. So what you're saying is that you heard it from someone, and in turn are passing it on here from your word as truth. I'm not saying that you or or your friend are lying. I'm saying that we're getting 3rd hand verbal information here. How is anyone here suppose to know it's actually "truth" or not? And that's one of the big problems with discussions about Bigfoot. It's almost always what someone else has said, with no conclusive evidence of the creature.

Did your friend carefully collect any blood, tissue or hair samples for testing? That could make a really big difference.

Yes i understand what you say. I don't expect you to believe me. There are plenty out there that enjoy reading what i post and think it beneficial to them.

No he didn't collect anything.

Read this bit if you desire. The BFRO went out there and he wound up running them off and they tried to sic the Game Warden on him and they failed. They made up lies about them because he ran them off.
When you read about the shooting going on. The BFRO guy was asked do you have any protection and he pulled a small pistol out of his rear pocket. These BFRO idiots wrote this report like my friend and his brother were careless with guns and were spotlighting deer and shooting them off the front porch etc. The BFRO guys asked if they would sell the place to them and they were turned down.

The 'Siege' at Honobia

"Tim and Michael were only amenable to letting me send people initially if I was sending a hunter in the mix. Roger's father was the hunter. I didn't tell the residents ahead of time that the hunter was in his 70's.

I had to explain to Michel on the phone after they arrived that they are more investigators than hunters but they can defend themselves. Roger's father turned out to be more interested in sleeping in the car than anything else. He got out of the car and came in the house when the shooting started though ...

Several friends and neighbors stopped by throughout the evening that had heard about what was going on. When they heard about what was happening, they began to open up and relate stories of their own. For the story telling session, we just let them talk. I can spot a lir and Roger has a lot of experience with questioning and interviewing, and we are both convinced these people were on the level about their experiences.

Old 04-17-2015, 12:51 PM

I don't compute on weekends. Back on Monday.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal