Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-28-2015, 08:29 PM

102,211 posts, read 107,859,557 times

Advertisements

Bear siting in the wild

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-28-2015, 09:11 PM

13,395 posts, read 13,503,206 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Versatile View Post
I looked at you tube and googled a bit and found none. I am still looking for a photo taken of a bear that the person was surprised by seeing the bear. Such as in a setting where a person was surprised by seeing a big foot up close. The type of picture that so many say anybody with a camera should have been able to get a clear photo.
I believe most people who have taken a photo of a bear were actually surprised when seeing it.

Old 04-28-2015, 09:57 PM

6,548 posts, read 7,129,801 times
The show America's Book of Secrets on History Channel did a show on Bigfoot. Was somewhat interesting, many anthropologists talked about it and weren't saying it's all bs. A theme was it comes down to money. "If" they exist, they'd be put on endanger species list, causing all the northwestern logging industry would basically go out of business. They mentioned how some owl was put on and overnight it almost bankrupted the logging industry overnight and the industry still hasn't recovered since.

The anthropologists also talked about Denisova Cave in Siberia where a finger bone of a different species of human and a molar tooth which was considerably larger then any human or Neanderthal tooth.

http://archaeology.about.com/od/dath...isova_cave.htm

Last edited by wamer27; 04-28-2015 at 10:05 PM..

Old 04-28-2015, 11:12 PM

18,158 posts, read 15,623,058 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wamer27 View Post
The show America's Book of Secrets on History Channel did a show on Bigfoot. Was somewhat interesting, many anthropologists talked about it and weren't saying it's all bs. A theme was it comes down to money. "If" they exist, they'd be put on endanger species list, causing all the northwestern logging industry would basically go out of business. They mentioned how some owl was put on and overnight it almost bankrupted the logging industry overnight and the industry still hasn't recovered since.

The anthropologists also talked about Denisova Cave in Siberia where a finger bone of a different species of human and a molar tooth which was considerably larger then any human or Neanderthal tooth.

Denisova Cave - Only Evidence of the Denisovan People
WA State has a law on GBE books about Bigfoot. It is illegal to kill or capture a Sasquatch ( I believe it is called the Unidentified species protection act) and try to profit from said kill or capture.. Its not BS. I can't post links from my phone, but, it Googleable. Apparently, WA lawmakers/wildlife officials are convinced there's something to Sasquatch.

Old 04-28-2015, 11:19 PM

44,627 posts, read 61,603,272 times
Since big foot sightings have been ongoing for over 130 years, the old fellow must be pretty wrinkly, gray, and super slow moving with a cane, so he should be easily spotted.
Maybe he's enjoying his ocean front retirement property in AZ.

Old 04-29-2015, 01:59 AM

Location: where you sip the tea of the breasts of the spinsters of Utica
8,297 posts, read 14,161,809 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wamer27 View Post

Denisova Cave - Only Evidence of the Denisovan People
ooo! ooo! I have to come back on for a moment concerning Denisovans ...... there are some human populations that have a bit of Denisovan dna: Australian aborigines and Melanesians.

Quote:
Analysis of the mitochondrial DNA (mtDNA) of the finger bone showed it to be genetically distinct from the mtDNAs of Neanderthals and modern humans.[4] Subsequent study of the nuclear genome from this specimen suggests that this group shares a common origin with Neanderthals, that they ranged from Siberia to Southeast Asia, and that they lived among and interbred with the ancestors of some present-day modern humans, with about 3% to 5% of the DNA of Melanesians and Aboriginal Australians deriving from Denisovans. Denisovan - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Melanesians:

Abos:

Old 04-29-2015, 05:30 AM

5,162 posts, read 4,486,801 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NVplumber View Post
WA State has a law on GBE books about Bigfoot. It is illegal to kill or capture a Sasquatch ( I believe it is called the Unidentified species protection act) and try to profit from said kill or capture.. Its not BS. I can't post links from my phone, but, it Googleable. Apparently, WA lawmakers/wildlife officials are convinced there's something to Sasquatch.
Just because the law is passed does not mean that people who passed it believe in Bigfoot. There could be other reasons to pass such a law.

Also I do not think the law you are referring to is a Washington STATE law which is just another exaggeration on a heaping pile of exaggerations in the Big Foot search.

Old 04-29-2015, 05:33 AM

5,162 posts, read 4,486,801 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by charlygal View Post
I believe most people who have taken a photo of a bear were actually surprised when seeing it.
I would counter that with I think that most people that take pictures of bears are not surprised since we have Zoo's and entertainment bears. I would bet there are thousands, if not tens of thousands, of pictures taken of bears every day by people who expect, and even pay, to see them.

Old 04-29-2015, 05:51 AM

18,780 posts, read 18,133,005 times
Quote:
Not really.

About seven years ago my wife and I spotted a mountain lion in Northeastern PA. We were in our pickup truck and got within 20 yards of the lion before it sprang off the road. When we got home I called our Game Commission and reported our sighting. They basically treated me as if I was drinking. So I asked them if would be OK to shoot the animal the next time I saw it. They said NO; it was an endangered species and that I would have large fines or imprisonment. I countered and asked them how it could be endangered if it did not exist? Anyway I promised that I would not shoot it if I ever saw it again. We never did see it again. But we were glad to hear of the Connecticut road kill - it did give some credibility to our sighting.

The feeing that I came away from the conversation with our GC was: If they don't know about it they are still going to fine you! It is just the nature of the beast (government).

Old 04-29-2015, 06:04 AM

22,921 posts, read 28,263,704 times
Quote:
Apparently, WA lawmakers/wildlife officials are convinced there's something to Sasquatch.
No. You have to remember that in Washington, at any given time about 20% of the population is high, 65% is over caffeinated, a significant number are clinically depressed, and the rest are just playing video games. Other laws in Washington State:

It is illegal to use X-rays to fit shoes.

It is illegal to walk in public if you have a cold.

It is illegal to chain a vending machine to a utility pole.

It is illegal to pretend your parents are rich.

Lollipops are illegal.

It is illegal to buy a mattress on Sunday.

Dumb Laws in Washington. Crazy Washington Laws. We have weird laws, strange laws, and just plain crazy laws!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal