Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-01-2015, 08:33 AM

12,282 posts, read 13,232,358 times

Advertisements

Photos. "They only give you ONE EYE". "They only give you a side view when you see them looking at you in the brush." This is what i am learning from the GCBRO.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-02-2015, 10:31 PM

4,666 posts, read 5,088,722 times
Mysterious Universe Bigfoot Special is how I feel about it.

Old 07-03-2015, 07:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dude1984 View Post
Mysterious Universe Bigfoot Special is how I feel about it.

Explain please.

Old 07-03-2015, 02:22 PM

11,019 posts, read 5,976,518 times
There seems to be a mystical aspect of bigfoot being presented here. To me it's about the reality of his existence of not. We've heard a description of bigfoot scat that doesn't fit great ape scat (doesn't make it not bigfoot but it could also be something else). Scat should be human like. Even baboons make human like scat. Which by the way would make it difficult to find in the bush by other hikers/hunters or rangers or whoever because it will be identified as human. If it is ever found in the first place. So to me, scat or lack thereof is meaningless. Just my thoughts (open to correction).

I can't help thinking that even if bigfoot does exist, the fact is now so well hidden by hoaxes and misidentification and just plain BS (which could stand for Bigfoot Scat or Bull Scat ).

Old 07-03-2015, 04:08 PM

102,188 posts, read 107,790,902 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 303Guy View Post
There seems to be a mystical aspect of bigfoot being presented here. To me it's about the reality of his existence of not. We've heard a description of bigfoot scat that doesn't fit great ape scat (doesn't make it not bigfoot but it could also be something else). Scat should be human like. Even baboons make human like scat. Which by the way would make it difficult to find in the bush by other hikers/hunters or rangers or whoever because it will be identified as human. If it is ever found in the first place. So to me, scat or lack thereof is meaningless. Just my thoughts (open to correction).

I can't help thinking that even if bigfoot does exist, the fact is now so well hidden by hoaxes and misidentification and just plain BS (which could stand for Bigfoot Scat or Bull Scat ).
It's like Houdini and his crusade for/against mediums. He actually believed that spirit mediumship was "real", but there were so many charlatans in the field, he felt compelled to clear away all the fakes in order to restore credibility to the rare legitimate ones. So that's the process some people on this thread have been going through. Examining the videos available, and noting that most of them are flawed, and aren't credible, while waiting for better evidence.

I think it's important to note, also, that like any creature in the wild, BF would have a natural range that he couldn't exceed due to weather conditions and other limiting factors. This may be why the most prolific areas for reported sightings are in temperate regions with little-to-no snow, for example (can he make fire? No evidence for that, and as far as we know, he doesn't hibernate like bears). I can't believe he could survive in desert regions where temps can get into the low 100's, either, and where game is scarce.

Humans are the only creatures (aside from bacteria, I suppose, and perhaps some insects) that have been able to survive in nearly every ecosystem on land, due to highly evolved culture and tool-making, and the ability to modify his environment. BF doesn't have that ability, so there would be natural limitations to his range. Just thought I'd mention that.

Old 07-06-2015, 03:43 PM

Scientific principles, as opposed to cult dogma, is never "solved" or "final". Science always welcomes new (even if it is contrary to prevailing beliefs) data and understands that no aspect of science is fully "solved".

Old 07-06-2015, 05:18 PM

12,441 posts, read 14,863,170 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Versatile View Post
Scientific principles...
A scientific principle is built upon a fundamentally sound premise.

Old 07-07-2015, 01:00 PM

Location: where you sip the tea of the breasts of the spinsters of Utica
8,297 posts, read 14,157,672 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Versatile View Post
Scientific principles, as opposed to cult dogma, is never "solved" or "final". Science always welcomes new (even if it is contrary to prevailing beliefs) data and understands that no aspect of science is fully "solved".
Well, there's a limit to that. Scientists don't bother to read over new data that supposedly proves discredited ideas such as the Phlogiston Theory, Lamarkian evolution, or the Hollow Earth Theory (yes, that one is still around, I read some of it yesterday!)

Old 08-04-2015, 08:56 PM

6,931 posts, read 6,864,193 times
Quote:
A scientific principle is built upon a fundamentally sound premise
The problem with assuming that things we have found "to be the truth" are static and proven, is that there are various levels of "truth" depending on your viewpoint.

To a 2-dimensional being, a line on paper may as well be a high security fence and cannot be breached.

Once you perceive from 3 dimensions, you realise that the confinement you once thought was "the truth", no longer applies to your world.

There are far too many people stuck in a 2-dimensional world and happy to live within its confines.

Old 08-04-2015, 10:32 PM

12,441 posts, read 14,863,170 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocpaul20 View Post
The problem with assuming that things we have found "to be the truth" are static and proven, is that there are various levels of "truth" depending on your viewpoint.

To a 2-dimensional being, a line on paper may as well be a high security fence and cannot be breached.

Once you perceive from 3 dimensions, you realise that the confinement you once thought was "the truth", no longer applies to your world.

There are far too many people stuck in a 2-dimensional world and happy to live within its confines.
Is there a point in there somewhere?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal