Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-24-2015, 10:45 PM

11,019 posts, read 5,975,337 times

Advertisements

Quote:
we don't have to prove anything to anyone.
Absolutely true. But we would like you to obtain proof. Well actually, we would like anyone to obtain proof! How awesome that would be. Are you able to look for proof? (No bodies required!) I don't expect you to start paying for random DNA tests though.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-25-2015, 12:07 AM

12,441 posts, read 14,861,510 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Versatile View Post
...This thread and other BF threads go by the premise n this forum that BF do exist and we don't have to prove anything to anyone.
A premise should be open to healthy debate, and I inferred, from the title of this thread, that you are open to opinions on BF. Stating "we don't have to prove anything to anyone" only weakens the premise and closes debate.

My opposing opinion isn't an attack on you personally. I'm a scientist, and I follow the scientific method.

Old 08-25-2015, 05:27 AM

167 posts, read 167,855 times
i have wanted to believe in bigfoot all my life (i'm 47) but I'm done. BF does NOT exist. If he/it/they did exist we would have some proof. I understand that creatures are discovered everday day but no one was searching for them and they weren't 8 feet tall. In order for BF to exist there would have to be literally thousands of them throughout the US (i know they are worldwide, but I'm just talking US) to support a healthy genepool. These things are supposed to be the size of grizzly bears and we have TEAMS of people constantly on the lookout, critter cams everywhere, thermo-imaging, tv shows dedicated to finding them and absolutely no amount of evidence...at all, nothing. Not a hair, a legitimate footprint, no bones, no teeth, no sign of any sort of dwelling...no one has hit one with a car, no hunter has shot one, there's not even any good cell phone video's of one.
They are not here.

Old 08-25-2015, 11:19 AM

4,040 posts, read 2,555,023 times
My favorite is how Matt Moneymaker and lackeys are always SO CLOSE, but then they have to pack it up and go to the next town...

If I thought for a moment that I was really close to actually documenting a BF, I think I might set up camp for a few more days.

Old 08-25-2015, 11:34 AM

102,183 posts, read 107,774,599 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sputnam409 View Post
i have wanted to believe in bigfoot all my life (i'm 47) but I'm done. BF does NOT exist. If he/it/they did exist we would have some proof. I understand that creatures are discovered everday day but no one was searching for them and they weren't 8 feet tall. In order for BF to exist there would have to be literally thousands of them throughout the US (i know they are worldwide, but I'm just talking US) to support a healthy genepool. These things are supposed to be the size of grizzly bears and we have TEAMS of people constantly on the lookout, critter cams everywhere, thermo-imaging, tv shows dedicated to finding them and absolutely no amount of evidence...at all, nothing. Not a hair, a legitimate footprint, no bones, no teeth, no sign of any sort of dwelling...no one has hit one with a car, no hunter has shot one, there's not even any good cell phone video's of one.
They are not here.
This. They wouldn't be so hard to find. I know people who used to spend summers camping in prime BF territory: the Trinity and Siskiyou forests of the far northern part of California. No hide nor hair, no sign at all, of BF.

Old 08-25-2015, 11:37 AM

3,505 posts, read 761,223 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chadgates View Post
My favorite is how Matt Moneymaker and lackeys are always SO CLOSE, but then they have to pack it up and go to the next town...

and every time they say " what was that !!!! " a commercial comes on ...

Old 08-25-2015, 12:56 PM

12,282 posts, read 13,231,128 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chadgates View Post

If I thought for a moment that I was really close to actually documenting a BF, I think I might set up camp for a few more days.
There ya go again. Watching those TV shows.

Matt M is just in this out to be his last name. When they go out on the trips they charge for then someone Always has an experience. Doesn't work that way for me or most anyone else.

Old 08-25-2015, 01:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
This. They wouldn't be so hard to find. I know people who used to spend summers camping in prime BF territory: the Trinity and Siskiyou forests of the far northern part of California. No hide nor hair, no sign at all, of BF.
Ruth are you sure that someone stayed up all night every night they camped out? As slick as these creatures are ,they could walk right up and walk into camp while every is sleeping and no one would ever know.
Unless someone did; how can you say it didn't happen?

Old 08-25-2015, 02:51 PM

Location: where you sip the tea of the breasts of the spinsters of Utica
8,297 posts, read 14,156,795 times
I do have to admit that I experienced some very odd things that time I camped in the Shasta–Trinity National Forest in far northern California for a few months, as posted earlier. Not all of it with good explanations. And I looked at the Ketchum paper - it's not as shabby as the critics were saying, though Ketchum herself seems to be a shady character. There were many co-authors, and none of them has ever said they were told to cheat on the results.

Other than the concerns about her character, erratic behavior, and publicity methods the main criticisms were that she used a sequencing method that's not the best for avoiding contaminated results (though she did take steps to weed out compromised DNA), and that the mutant sequences didn't make sense in an evolutionary way, since long sequences apparently didn't even closely match any known primate.

To me, that brings up the totally daft and unscientific idea that they might be an engineered organism, apparently with a normal human female and an unknown and improbably mutated father back at the beginning.

I'm not saying it's aliens, but ............... it's aliens.

Old 08-25-2015, 03:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woof View Post
I do have to admit that I experienced some very odd things that time I camped in the Shasta–Trinity National Forest in far northern California for a few months, as posted earlier. Not all of it with good explanations. And I looked at the Ketchum paper - it's not as shabby as the critics were saying, though Ketchum herself seems to be a shady character. There were many co-authors, and none of them has ever said they were told to cheat on the results.

Other than the concerns about her character, erratic behavior, and publicity methods the main criticisms were that she used a sequencing method that's not the best for avoiding contaminated results (though she did take steps to weed out compromised DNA), and that the mutant sequences didn't make sense in an evolutionary way, since long sequences apparently didn't even closely match any known primate.

To me, that brings up the totally daft and unscientific idea that they might be an engineered organism, apparently with a normal human female and an unknown and improbably mutated father back at the beginning.

I'm not saying it's aliens, but ............... it's aliens.
I don't know enough on the subject to say no. I do know this and wonder.

1. Personally know one long time researcher that has had two experiences where everything electronic went dead for two hours. He has backed off research since this happened. He told me that this has happened also to several people he has researched with.

2. Seems that quite a few people in the past from Ohio claimed a UFO connection.
3. Suppose they are alien. Why stay out of sight and live pretty much in the outdoors?
4. They have been here for hundreds or thousands of years. What is their business here?
5. Some people have said that they(BF) have disappeared in front of them?(i have not tried to verify that)
6. Is there a Fourth or Alternate dimension or Parallel dimension?
7. Where do they go when there is snow cover on the ground? No tracks or very few tracks for weeks. Do they not move around and not eat? I have read in the past that track lines in the snow have just disappeared(not verified).

Last edited by Versatile; 08-25-2015 at 03:31 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal