Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-09-2015, 11:34 PM

11,019 posts, read 5,984,846 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Yeah but that area is well known for its flying rocks.
Reminds me of the ribbing I got at work today!

I obviously come here daily because I am interested and I'm hoping something convincing will show up. I do not for one moment believe there is anything paranormal going on and no pet alien monkey theories (or should that be alien pet monkeys?) either. I used to think it was all hokum until someone that I have no reason to suspect, told me of his encounter. Now I want answers.

P.S. I do not suspect anyone here of fabricating anything but 'believing' someone does not make it a (proven) fact. I think this is the dilemma of most skeptics. We need the bloody thing in (temporary) captivity (and not dead) to prove once and for all that it exists! A dead specimen does not prove it exists. It proves it used to exist though!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-10-2015, 08:01 PM

6,205 posts, read 7,460,466 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Versatile View Post
well, what is in your hands?

I heard some screaming and a rock bigger than anyone i know could was thrown at us and no one around.We were at least 6 miles from any house about 8-9:00 pm July 4th and hotter than hell.[/quote]

Why are Bigfoot searched always at nighttime? Don't they live during the day?
All investigations I read about, took place in the dark, when you can't see clearly and the photos are blurred shadows over black backgrounds.

Old 09-10-2015, 11:35 PM

Location: where you sip the tea of the breasts of the spinsters of Utica
8,297 posts, read 14,164,711 times
Jeeez, Oberon, it's about more than just the cable TV show. Almost all the Youtube stuff is during the day.

Old 09-11-2015, 06:33 AM

12,282 posts, read 13,239,617 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oberon_1 View Post
I heard some screaming and a rock bigger than anyone i know could was thrown at us and no one around.We were at least 6 miles from any house about 8-9:00 pm July 4th and hotter than hell.
Why are Bigfoot searched always at nighttime? Don't they live during the day?
All investigations I read about, took place in the dark, when you can't see clearly and the photos are blurred shadows over black backgrounds.[/quote]

We weren't actually searching other than planning to do that. It was night because we drove all day to get there and we drove around and just knowing we were in OK. We were more concerned with finding a place to camp. You just find a spot you like and set up camp.

Old 09-11-2015, 06:41 AM

Get your eyes adjusted to estimate how far away a subject is.

How far away is that subject.:

1.Determine the distance between power poles in your area of research. IRRC Most are about 200 ft apart. Large power line poles for the large right of ways that go for miles i am unsure about.
2. For quick training drive along a road with power poles that are 200 ft apart. Use a 25, 50 or 100 ft tape along side the road if you have to. You need to get this right because your mind needs to lock on it.
3. Now look out across an open field and look to the far side of it. Either a tree line or even just a fence line. Count in your mind how many power poles between you and the far side of the field. You might need to look up the road and pick a spot in your mind where that would be and then cont the poles X 200 ft and the covert into yards.
4. Send a person of known height(the taller the better) down the road along side the power poles. Have the person stop at each pole or each distance you prefer. Best to use the power poles in the beginning.If possible have them across a field of distance known to you. Look at them and think as you look. Are they standing along side a fence. Compare their height to the fence. Farm fence posts are about 5 ft high. Yes they do vary.

Range finders. They are great if you can afford one. I have Bushnell.Cost about $100.00.

You can play a game with your friends or kids to estimate yardage. Select an object in the distance. Every contestant gives their estimate. Thus the closest is he winner.

Old 09-14-2015, 05:55 AM

I forgot to say that you shouldn't just stare at an object or subject.Once you spot something look around it as well as glancing at it. Of course binoculars are a plus. You are not just looking for a tall subject tall. These creatures are not born tall. They have to grow up as well.

Old 09-17-2015, 01:05 PM

1,785 posts, read 2,382,960 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Versatile View Post
Not mine. I agree with it though.

If folks out there have been in the woods as much as some with an open mind... they'd know something is out there. You just have too open your eyes and ears. My point is there are 1000s of sightings and I'm sure some folks are lying but not everyone is. The Indians were not all lying...the missionaries of yesterday, Teddy and the mountain men weren't all lying. They had no reason to and then of the 1000s of people that have seen them...there are 1000s more that have not reported what they have seen...are they lying too?

Gulf Coast BigFoot Research Organization's Message Board:...
It's more accurate to say 1000's of people have claimed to see Bigfoot. To sustain a viable population, there would have to be a large number of sasquatch, so it's telling that no one has found a carcass by now or gotten a picture of one with a trail camera. Sadly, Bigfoot does not exist, though it would be really cool if he did!

Old 09-17-2015, 02:13 PM

6,219 posts, read 5,943,174 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aspe4 View Post
It's more accurate to say 1000's of people have claimed to see Bigfoot.
There are those who think they have seen/heard Bigfoot but are mistaken.
Then there are those that are not telling the truth, or bending the truth.

There are quite a few psychological disorders (long term and transient) that have lying, distortion, or hallucination of physical objects as symptoms. Frankly, the thousands of reports could be explained by a combination of mistaken identity, psychological disorders, and just plain lyin' for attention. If this is the case, then the reports are not credible evidence of Bigfoot's existence

Arguing that because there are thousands of reports Bigfoot must exist is called argumentum ad populum, by the way:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Argumentum_ad_populum

Old 09-17-2015, 09:37 PM

11,019 posts, read 5,984,846 times
In our recent past the belief in witchcraft was widespread. Same sort of thing. However, I know of someone who saw something that fits the description and behavior of bigfoot and I have difficulty passing it of as some mental disturbance. He did not claim it was bigfoot, only that he saw something that he cannot explain. It's that single account that makes me hesitant to dismiss all claims of bigfoot sighting or encounters.

Quote:
I heard some screaming and a rock bigger than anyone i know could was thrown at us and no one around.We were at least 6 miles from any house
6 miles from a house? If they are that close to people imagine how many there could be in remote areas.

Why no bodies? Good point but then again, when I go out in the bush where there are many wild animals, big and small, why don't I come across bodies? Foot prints yes, scat yes, and occasionally some unidentifiable bone. Considering the number of people out there in the bush, mostly sticking to hiking trails, it's surprising how little human scat one comes across. That's because people go off the trail and behind the bushes to poo.

Just saying.

Old 09-18-2015, 12:12 AM

Location: where you sip the tea of the breasts of the spinsters of Utica
8,297 posts, read 14,164,711 times
Just for sh*ts and grins ..... I was watching Ghost Hunters yesterday, which is a cheesy reality show based on a group of paranormal investigators checking out purportedly haunted old buildings. They set up a camera on the edge of the woods near the house, and before they had full lighting they captured the indistinct, shadowy image of someone walking through the woods briefly then vanishing on camera .... they were calling it an apparition, but to me it looked like it had exactly the gait of the Bigfoot on the Patterson film. No kidding.

Bigfoots and UFOs and ghosts ..... oh my!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal