Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-12-2015, 10:02 PM

Location: where you sip the tea of the breasts of the spinsters of Utica
8,297 posts, read 14,163,488 times

Advertisements

Halloween is approaching ...... this thread is for ghostly experiences that have happened to you. Not second-hand stories, not fictional tales ..... and more about details than philosophizing about what they might be.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-13-2015, 01:47 AM

1,909 posts, read 2,538,195 times
I've posted this before, but it still is my favorite ghost story. This happened sometime in the 90s.
________
One night I was sitting on my bed, writing. I liked to sit cross-legged with a big hard pillow in front of me for a table. When I take a break from writing I always set my pen down to the right of the pillow - on the bed. Usually I tuck it a bit under the pillow so it doesn't roll away if I get up.

This night I set the pen down, but did not get up, did not move the bed. I turned my head to the left, reached over with my left hand, and picked up my glass of water and took a drink. Set the glass down and faced forward. I reached down to get my pen and it was not there.

I picked up the pillow - it has no pillowcase - and threw it on the floor. No pen anywhere.

I got out of bed and removed all pillows and notebooks... still no pen.

I was sitting on top of the covers, so I stripped the bed cover by cover - no pen.

By now I am seeing just a white sheet with nothing on it.

The bed was against a wall so I got my flashlight and looked down between the bed and the wall... nothing there but some dust bunnies and used tissues.

Using the flashlight I searched all under the bed, pulling everything stored under there out and looked through it all... as if I really expected to find the pen inside a closed box.

By now I was plain baffled and getting more frustrated with the search for this particular pen. I figured I would just go get another and be done with searching.

I stood up, and there - in the very center of the white sheet - was my blue pen!

The pen would go missing quite often. I learned to tell who ever was moving it to give it back NOW. Someone heard me, and I would find it quickly after speaking up. However, it was never on the right side of the pillow where it belonged.

Old 10-13-2015, 02:37 PM

Location: where you sip the tea of the breasts of the spinsters of Utica
8,297 posts, read 14,163,488 times
Cool, tulani! Thanks.

I've mainly only had footsteps and music playing kinds of experiences. Once a crucifix came off the wall and landed face-down a few feet away, but I didn't see it happen. In that same house, my sister-in-law felt like someone was trying to push her as she walked down some stairs, and a coupla times I heard distinct footsteps up in the attic but no one was there when I rushed up.

Old 10-13-2015, 03:51 PM

991 posts, read 1,519,822 times
I bought a farm that had a suicide I was unaware of, until I saw police records on the place. I had no problem in the house in which it happened, and later moved into a cottage on the property and rented the house out a young Mormon couple. The wife of the couple said she always felt like she was being watched.

Fast forward, the couple gets a divorce and moves out. Just for fun I had a paranormal team out, well they got some activity. I guess they ask questions and they get replies by the way their equipment / stick moves?

The guy hadn't crossed over thinking his suicide attempt was a failure. He messed with their electronic equipment setting of alarms, etc. They got 2 EVPs, one was "where's Bobby", Bobby was my renters cat that spend all his time in the bedroom (the room the investigators felt like where the suicide took place), the other was "bypass here", about going up the stairs where apparently in the past his brother had a habit of picking up runaway teenagers, drugging them and raping them in an upstairs bedroom.

The EVPs were definitely chilling. No one would have known the cat's name.

It's a 1901 house, and also the matriarch died, not sure if it was in the house...but this place was their family farm. I felt like the second EVP was a woman's voice?

I have had some strange electrical things happen, when I moved into my cottage the smoke alarms would go off for no reason, often more likely when I had had a group of people over for parties say the day before. I also put Christmas lights on the vacant house one year and they would come on in the middle of the night even though they were on a timer. Could just be related to just being an old house.

The investigators felt like the spirit was just keeping watch over the place and had no ill intent. The spirit seemed to have been infatuated with the wife, and somehow expressed concern to the ghost hunters that he was worried about her.

When the ghost hunters were investigating, I was in the cottage and had a dog toy / ball with angular sides on the floor next to me...a toy that doesn't roll...it started rocking back and forth on it's own.

One other thing is that there was a red tulip that grew in the bare planter right in front of the house. It ONLY grew the year the young couple was here...and they didn't plant it.

And if you are curious...I no longer allow "the house" to have Christmas lights.

Old 10-19-2015, 05:11 PM
Status: "Apparently the worst poster on CD" (set 26 days ago)

27,645 posts, read 16,129,622 times
Moved to an old farmhouse. Came home in the afternoon and immediately headed quickly up the stairs to bedroom.. halfway up the stairs I heard a drumroll.. I was down the stairs and out of the house just as quickly... creeped out again a year later when I found out the man that died there played the drums.. His wife hung herself in the barn, and you could hear loud thumps in the barn occasionally even on a calm day and bits of straw would fall through the chutes. While laying in bed after a night of drinking, I'm sure I saw a short man (silouhette) in the hallway with a flat wide brimmed hat and long coat, the hallway was a glow and he was dark, no details. I covered my head and had the sensation my blanket was being pulled... thats all i remember, except for a fuzzy memory of people coming through the walls..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal