U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-19-2015, 05:41 PM

5,003 posts, read 14,429,824 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by WannaliveinGreenville View Post
I have a friend of mine who keeps dreaming the same dream, night after night, that she gets in a car accident in a certain city.,.. She will be traveling on a road trip.

She started telling me about the dream and said she had it again....She was terrified, woke up and wondered if it were a warning of some sort... I had just watched the episode Twilight Zone "Twenty Two" where this woman kept dreaming the same bad dream. Her psychiatrist told her to change the dream, change the circumstance, to see if she could get another outcome.

I told my friend to change the city (avoid the city) that she is having a bad dream about having an accident in that city. I told her let me know if she has the bad dream again. She said she did not have the bad dream about crashing the car in the city (after she decided not to drive through that city) that was in her dream. (my logic says, once she knew she was not going to be driving in that city, the tension eased up).

I am no psychologist but I told her, if it made her feel better, to not drive in that certain city.

My question is: Do you feel dreams can predict something bad is going to happen?

I have heard a man who dreamt about an airline crashing for 7 nights in row and actually contacted the airline. They tried to get more specifics from him but I believe on the 8th night, he did not have the dream but the airline did crash... (don't have a link to it) just remember reading or seeing something about it...

Should my friend (A) ignore the dreams (B) pay attention to the dreams, it's trying to tell her something (C) re-route her trip to ease her fears (D) Fate is fate and she can't change what might happen...

I pick B., pay attention because maybe the dream might be trying to warn her....
Yes, I believe that this dream was a warning and I think that she should not drive to that city.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-19-2015, 07:12 PM

16,420 posts, read 14,535,373 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattie Jo View Post
Yes, I believe that this dream was a warning and I think that she should not drive to that city.
Thank you. I wanted her to have all options opened and did not want to discount what she was saying. I also believe she is under stress and maybe going a different route will help her to make the trip a little better...

Old 04-19-2015, 07:13 PM

16,420 posts, read 14,535,373 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry Caldwell View Post
A surprising number of people suffer from anxiety disorder. You can have anxiety attacks while you are asleep, and they can trigger dreams. In this case, dreams can be really indicative of real life problems. Before rushing off to get anti-anxiety drugs, the first thing your friend should do is avoid caffeine. Stress can also trigger anxious dreams, like the classic "end of term finals and haven't studied" dream that almost all college students have at one time or another.

That said, I don't have disaster dreams, but often have repetitive dreams. Often the story line will continue for days or weeks. I find them entertaining and enjoyable, and am always happy when I get another episode. If it makes a difference, I learned lucid dreaming decades ago. It's a pleasant skill to have and surprisingly easy to learn.
I told my friend I have had bad dreams (storms, getting hurt) but I came out of it okay. I just want her to know I am there for her, whatever she decides

Old 04-19-2015, 07:20 PM

2,438 posts, read 2,406,987 times
Quote:
Thank you. I wanted her to have all options opened and did not want to discount what she was saying. I also believe she is under stress and maybe going a different route will help her to make the trip a little better...
You just proved my assessment right. Thanks

Old 04-19-2015, 08:53 PM

2,852 posts, read 1,904,232 times
For years, I had nightmares of being chased by a huge animal that eventually grabbed my ankle. I call them "nighmares" but I was not really scared or anxious during this dream. It would happen every now and then, not very often but it felt weird.

I didn't mention this to anyone, I am a very private person.

When I was in my 30s, I mis-stepped getting a canoe in the water and bruised my leg pretty bad, had to wear a bandage fora week. While applying bandage one day, I noticed a triangular scar on my skin, about 3/8" long, never saw it before (but then I don't usually spend time inspecting my lower extremities). Not even really a scar as much as skin discoloration. Asked my mom about it, and she said, "oh, you were bitten by a neighbor's dog when you were five, you probably don't remember it. It was your fault, you were poking him with a stick". A big black hairy dog, just like the one in my dream.

I don't believe in premonitions, but I do believe in subconscious.

Old 04-20-2015, 08:52 AM

3,415 posts, read 2,633,830 times
I had a series of amazing dreams for about a week that would pick up where they left off. I documented them in emails to my Mom. I'll try to summarize them here because I'd like to share the positive experience.

It started with finding myself inside crystal caves with this magical Shamanic man. At first there were a group of people with us and then it seemed like it was just him and I. The crystals were very large and there were sparkling jewels throughout. The crystals were much bigger than us and maybe as big as a house. The Shaman was climbing one of them and we were to make the trip up the crystal like nimble billy goats climbing a cliff side. He spoke about finding the treasure inside of us. I felt safe and in awe of this beautiful sparkling place and at the end of the dream in my cupped hands I was holding a jewel of light that was mine. I don't know where it came from exactly or how we got to the top but I understood this was part of me.

The dream the following night began with a white domestic spirit cat who was there to greet me. He showed affection towards me and so I petted him. He seemed to set the calm loving mood. Then came the fairies flying in and gnomes scampering from behind him and they were gathering all around me. There were many fairies in the dream both male and female and they were brilliant and beautiful and the gnomes were cute too. I sensed they were considering themselves like fairies really and they were eager to share their message with me and seemed excited they had my attention. They all came to show me a series of scenes regarding my mother and to give her a message from them because they were having difficulty communicating with her because she was too busy working all the time to notice her little magical helpers. I won't get into the scenes they showed me because they're of a personal nature but that is when I started emailing my mother about the dreams. At the end of the dream they sent their blessings to my Mom and thanked me for passing their message along.

The third night I was in a sunny meadow of tall grass and there was a hill behind me. I could see a forest beyond the meadow and a small pond. There were many kinds of animals around me. Some of them were very large like two bull moose and big brown bears. I didn't feel afraid as I was observing the scene but I was cautious. Then I saw it. At first I thought I might be imaging it but as it came closer there before me was a white unicorn dashing from the forest towards me between the animals. The unicorn was swift and I sensed it wanted to get a look at me and the forest animals seemed to be corralling the unicorn away from me. But the unicorn came within feet of me and stood there before me only for a few minutes looking at me before quickly dashing off. In that time I stood thunderstruck that I was actually witnessing seeing a unicorn and some part of me understood this was a dream because I thought it was impossible and that unicorns aren't real. As the unicorn was fleeing I saw a second unicorn meeting it and running through the animals together. I attempted to follow the unicorns because I so desperately wanted to view them longer but this time it was the forest animals corralling me. When I realized I was being prevented from getting closer to the unicorns I stopped and that's when the unicorns stopped too and paused in the distance only for a few moments to let me get one last look at their radiant mythical beauty before disappearing into the forest in a silver misty light.

The fourth night I was back in the crystal cave finding my way outside and the passage to the outside was behind a waterfall where I met a goblin. He was small for what I thought a goblin should look like. Maybe around 3 feet tall and he looked sort of like the "Where The Wild Things Are" characters from the children's book. He told me goblins had a bad reputation because they are a little scary to look at but really they are friendly creatures and I sensed that he was telling the truth. He explained that goblins are kind and helpful and they just really like to have a lot of fun. That they aren't threatening and they don't steal your babies and take them to the goblin king like in the movies. He also told me about the goblin king but I don't remember what he said. Just that he was on his way to see him when he met me. So the theme of magical creatures in my dreams continued from fairies and unicorns to goblins. It was so exciting! I don't know where the waterfall was but when I got outside I thought it reminded me of Niagara Falls and now I really want to take a trip there. I read that the Canadian side has the most beautiful view of it. Visiting Canada is also on my bucket list.

The fifth night I found myself standing in a green grassy field again and I was watching a rainbow form. The end of the rainbow landed right in front of me on my feet. I was so excited that I had finally touched the end of a rainbow and did what everyone thought was impossible. I also half expected to see a leprechaun appear or a pot of gold and I looked around for either of them but it was just rainbow light all around me now. Then the most sweet, beautiful string-instrument music began playing in my dream. I wish I could capture that dream melody and play it in real life because it was exquisite. Kind of like this music but I've never heard anything close to it in real life. I can only describe it as being tuned into the heavenly ethereal ear if you know what I mean.

The sixth night involved a creature I'd never heard of before but later identified by accident as an earth fae. At this point in my series of dreams Mom started to believe my dreams weren't dreams at all and that I was actually having visitations from the elementals or I somehow entered their realm in my dream as the veil was very thin between our worlds. This dream started with the meadow and a smooth light grayish white tree that branched out in a canopy of beautifully pointed olive colored leaves. Like something you would see in the elven world of Lord of the Rings. As I walked past the tree I saw at the base of it curled almost in a ball half buried as a mound in the ground disguised also partly as the trunk of the tree this creature looking at me. I froze staring at it trying to make sense of the camouflaged creature and it's shape. That's when it smiled at me as if it recognized that I saw it observing me. I felt this warmth melt over me and I sensed it was benevolent and kind. It meant no harm and it sort of loved me in the way that it loves all living things. We had a long moment there contemplating each other in silence and then a butterfly flittered past arousing me from the most pleasant experience. Many weeks later I stumbled across this picture online and I paused recalling the experience and couldn't believe what I was seeing. It was nearly exactly like what I saw except for it was smiling, and the description of it being one of the most kindest fairies to interact with humans seemed to match exactly what I had experienced as well.

On the seventh night I encountered another creature I had not seen before. It was what I would call a water fairy or a water spirit. I was standing at the forests edge over looking the small pond and the old growth trees thinking about entering it when a humming bird sped by me. It caused me to look down at the water and I saw what looked like little minnows catching the light at the edge of the ponds bed. I knelt down instinctively to get a closer look at them against the pebble floor of the pond and I saw what looked like it transforming into a miniature mermaid with fairy wings. This would be like the Thumbelina size fairy no bigger than half the size of your thumb and some no bigger than your thumbnail, but she had a mermaid tail and fairy wings that looked like dragon fly wings. I gently scooped my hand in the water and she went into my hand where I could pick her up and we could look at each other more closely. She rolled over in my hand looking up at me calmly and perhaps slightly frightened. She communicated to me that her kind dwell in natural bodies of water like lakes and ponds disguised as little fish and bit of flora and fauna. That they can travel above water and be mistaken for dragonflies. They can be found in oceans and seas but there are fewer of them there and they stay near the edges like the tide pools. I wondered if in the ocean they can get bigger like mermaids but with wings. I'd never seen anything like them and it had never occurred to me there were miniature mermaid fairies before. I also got from her that most often we don't see them but they all can see us.

On the final morning I woke up and I was laying there feeling very comfortable. I noticed this purity inside me. This brilliant bright white flame burning. I observed it and thought no matter what I've done in this life with my body and to my soul I've always retained this purity inside and my soul burns brighter than ever like a righteous goodness in the world. That I was born with the essence of this flame inside me so close coming from heaven. I always wanted to get to my source and here it was carefully presenting itself without the thinnest hint of veil between me and myself that morning. As bright or brighter than the sun burning and thriving with life inside. I felt I could do anything. I could create anything. There are no rules to follow. It's whatever I want to do. I'm glad it picked now to remind me as I watched it fade from my wakefulness. It gives me hope again.

If you read this I thank you for taking the time. That concluded my week of the continuous sequence of fantasy mythical creature dream visitations. I never thought in my life I would have that happen but I'm so glad I did.

Last edited by Merry Lee Gather; 04-20-2015 at 09:12 AM..

Old 04-20-2015, 02:48 PM

756 posts, read 705,078 times
Lightbulb Yes:

Quote:
I have a friend of mine who keeps dreaming the same dream, night after night, that she gets in a car accident in a certain city.,.. She will be traveling on a road trip.

She started telling me about the dream and said she had it again....She was terrified, woke up and wondered if it were a warning of some sort... I had just watched the episode Twilight Zone "Twenty Two" where this woman kept dreaming the same bad dream. Her psychiatrist told her to change the dream, change the circumstance, to see if she could get another outcome.

I told my friend to change the city (avoid the city) that she is having a bad dream about having an accident in that city. I told her let me know if she has the bad dream again. She said she did not have the bad dream about crashing the car in the city (after she decided not to drive through that city) that was in her dream. (my logic says, once she knew she was not going to be driving in that city, the tension eased up).

I am no psychologist but I told her, if it made her feel better, to not drive in that certain city.

My question is: Do you feel dreams can predict something bad is going to happen?

I have heard a man who dreamt about an airline crashing for 7 nights in row and actually contacted the airline. They tried to get more specifics from him but I believe on the 8th night, he did not have the dream but the airline did crash... (don't have a link to it) just remember reading or seeing something about it...

Should my friend (A) ignore the dreams (B) pay attention to the dreams, it's trying to tell her something (C) re-route her trip to ease her fears (D) Fate is fate and she can't change what might happen...

I pick B., pay attention because maybe the dream might be trying to warn her....
I believe in all kinds of dreams. I believe in dreams. I believe in Precognitions. I believe in Psychic Dreaming. I believe in Premonitions. I believe in Sleep Paralysis. I believe Sleep Paralysis is caused by Shadow Creatures are trying to contact me (or rape me, I am not sure which) I have dreams of things I experienced in life. I have dreams of things I seem to have blacked out my memory of. I have dreams some body is about to knock on my door, and then they do. I have dreams of premonitions, which happen, usually in the exact detail of my dreams. I have dreams of a crime that took place at Sirloin Stockade. And then I was curious and looked up "Sirloin Stockade" and to my surprise there WAS a murder crime at a Sirloin Stockade! Also, I have dreams where I am driving a white Dodge druck, I crash into a guard rail, and die. (but then I wake up) A few minutes later turned on the news and some guy in a white Dodge Ram died while crashed into a guardrail.

Take your dreams seriously.

Old 04-23-2015, 11:55 AM

747 posts, read 1,921,919 times
Aw, I wish that I had more interesting dreams like this. For the past couple of years I have dreamed about aquariums...big, small, you name it. Yes, I do own one big one and one little one....but it's a hobby for me, not an obsession. I don't understand what fish tank dreams on a persistent basis are trying to tell me exactly?? I looked it up on a dream interpretation website and it had quite a bit to say on the subject:

Dream Bible - Dream Interpretation of fish tanks
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal