U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-01-2015, 06:40 AM

26,166 posts, read 12,725,263 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamepo
Also, I have no history of mental illness
Of course you dont.... Its very real!!!

You have spirits visiting

Thank you for sharing your story and welcome to city-data!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-11-2015, 10:57 AM

1,947 posts, read 972,004 times
Years ago I was up late watching a scary movie, Paranormal activity in my basement/man cave
The glass stereo cabinet door popped open (spring loaded magnet so it has a distinctive "click-click" sound when opened) and slowly swung open.

This stereo cabinet is on fake hardwood and I leveled it so the door does not swing, it stops wherever I put it...and after this even I tried it and sure enough it did not swing on its own, it had to be pushed or pulled

so as it slowly opens I see through the reflectivity of the glass someone sitting on the recliner next to me...blurry as it was dark in my basement...I quickly glance over and of course nothing there

I look back and glass door is fully open and no longer reflecting off the recliner...I got up and moved it back and forth so the recliner would reflect again, NOTHING there

I left it at a certain spot and sat back on couch, still nothing on the recliner...scared the hell out of me...turned off the scary movie, put on a comedy, and turned all the lights on LOL

my youngest daughter at the time came downstairs halfway through the comedy, very late, and said "daddy, stranger danger"...I jumped up "WHAT"...she said "someone is sitting on the edge of my bed and scared me"

took her to our bedroom and told mom to hang tight, if she hears commotion get gun out of cabinet

I went into daughters room and...nothing...no sign of anyone...I was so sure my daughter saw something by the way she acted that I took a hand gun and searched the entire house...closets, under beds...woke up every one (hid the gun from other kids) and found nothing

very scary...there were a few other things, nothing horrible, just scary...eventually moved

Old 08-11-2015, 06:20 PM

26,166 posts, read 12,725,263 times
Wow.... Sounds like you had a visitor

Old 08-12-2015, 05:39 AM

2,455 posts, read 1,551,689 times
Along the lines of what others are getting at. When we watch these things we sometimes invite them in with our focus or attention to it. So stop watching these things and they're less likely to manifest. If you have unwelcome visitors tell them they're not welcome and ask them to leave. Then invite your angels, guides and guardians in for protection and ask the arch angels to remove anything not of god from your home. They'll do it instantly. They can be everywhere and with many people at the same time.

Old 08-12-2015, 10:28 AM

2,014 posts, read 1,240,445 times
My wife would say that you should take steps to "protect" the house. I've heard her tell someone to light some material and let it smoke while you walk it through the house as a cleanse (i think it was sage or frankensense (sp?) ). then put salt in the corners of the house.

I'm pretty sure you can find these activities on the Internet.

Old 08-12-2015, 12:19 PM

1,947 posts, read 972,004 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gunslinger256 View Post
My wife would say that you should take steps to "protect" the house. I've heard her tell someone to light some material and let it smoke while you walk it through the house as a cleanse (i think it was sage or frankensense (sp?) ). then put salt in the corners of the house.

I'm pretty sure you can find these activities on the Internet.
Ive heard it discussed in some "paranormal circles" lol that this does nothing...and like many other "home remedies" that if anything, this pi$$es off the more malovelent spirits...its like using garlic to stop a vampire...

not that im the expert though

Old 08-17-2015, 08:01 PM

97 posts, read 53,571 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lucky2balive View Post
Ive heard it discussed in some "paranormal circles" lol that this does nothing...and like many other "home remedies" that if anything, this pi$$es off the more malovelent spirits...its like using garlic to stop a vampire...

not that im the expert though
If this activity is indeed from spirits of deceased individuals, then it is my belief that it depends on what the spirit's previous belief system was.......i.e if the spirit was a believer in Christianity during their lifetime, then Christian symbolic rituals might have an effect, similarly if they believed in Buddhism then Buddhist rituals may have an effect.
In other words there is no one cure for all, but you have a better chance if you know something about the spirit that may be causing the phenomena.

Old 09-02-2015, 08:18 AM

2 posts, read 2,180 times
Depending on your age and gender, it could be you causing the activity without knowing it. Women, especially ones in their teenage and possible child years may create what some call a poltergeist through mental stress without even realizing it. It is a form or PK also known as psychokinesis or telekinesis. Even if you don't fit the general criteria you can still consider this as an option. Another answer may be it is a wondering spirit who decided to cause some mischief before moving on it's way or may have stayed, likely leaving after awhile though. The cup for example could have been you causing it because of the program you were watching at the time it may have influenced latent abilities you may have , I would suggest trying to move a cup or even a pencil without touching it, it may take practice, but this could indeed be a possibility. The cabinet could have been due to an unnoticed earth tremor or the house settling and causing the cabinet to open, this one is more likely to have natural causes. As for the cat toy, it could have been your water pipes or something else of that nature that may have been sounding near or under the cat toy that only made you think that is where it came from. Unless major activity that can't be explained by any other minor means, I wouldn't worry, it's likely to not be a big deal and just a few minor incidents that may all be related or just happened in sequence of each other with no relation at all. I do hope this was helpful to you.
-AriaBird

Old 03-23-2016, 12:32 AM

1 posts, read 987 times
I need help ASAP weird things have been happening in my sisters house she has moved to three different homes over the years and it seems to be following her, in the new place its sounds of footsteps walking through the living room, front door opening and closing, scratching on the wall in celler, the fireplace poker fying accross the room and the light shutting off while my sister was in the shower when she yelled for her husband thinking he was messing with her their was no response he was in the very front if the house came into bathroom switch was still on and the bulb was turned loose..... My nephew is terrified to sleep in his room cause he hears things all night and can't sleep what is this please help

Old 03-23-2016, 07:40 AM

4,136 posts, read 1,979,745 times
Stephanie20,

• Sound activated recorders
  • Motion activated cameras
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal