U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-23-2016, 01:02 PM

64,657 posts, read 54,231,258 times

Advertisements

Rigging up cameras around the house is a great idea. But your sister's family needs relief. for the nephew--ear plugs, so he can sleep.

Have there been similar phenomena in each house she's lived in? Same footsteps through the living room, doors opening and closing? Scratching sounds?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-23-2016, 03:06 PM

14,935 posts, read 20,968,054 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
Rigging up cameras around the house is a great idea.
Exactly what I plan to do and found some good ones online. I have a small space so it wouldn't be difficult finding out if the problems I'm encountering from the living realm or beyond.

Old 03-23-2016, 05:21 PM

4,136 posts, read 1,979,745 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by virgode View Post
Exactly what I plan to do and found some good ones online. I have a small space so it wouldn't be difficult finding out if the problems I'm encountering from the living realm or beyond.
I look forward to this.

Old 03-23-2016, 05:27 PM

14,935 posts, read 20,968,054 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Guard View Post
I look forward to this.
I knew you would..

Old 08-10-2016, 08:22 AM

4 posts, read 2,611 times
I was raised catholic, but I have no interest in the spiritual realm or religion at all. I don't watch horror/ghost movies, I just don't like them. I have always thought that if these things were real, it would be wise to ignore them and not meddle in things we don't understand. I do have a life long history of manic depression but I do not hallucinate. I've had two experiences, in two different states, years apart. The first was in my bathroom, baltimore md. The bathroom had two entrances. I was peeing, and there was a knock at the door. I said I'm almost done. I was zipping my pants and a second, violent bang on the door happened. No vocal response to me, I became scared. I went to exit out of the second door that wasn't banged on. My hand was around the door knob, but not squeezed. I could feel electricity between my hand and the door knob. The door knob spun in my hand! I ripped the door open and ran out of the house (I was alone ). The second incident just happened. I'm now in Florida, living with my girlfriend. Her and a friend were talking in the living room while I was in the kitchen cooking. It's a small open concept 70's home so they could see and hear me. I was thinking a negative depressed thought about what they were saying. I felt that feeling ppl get when they know someone is behind them unannounced. There was a tingle in the back of my head. The kitchen sink starts running water. I turn around and no one is there, but the handle is up, as if someone pulled it up to run water. I interrupt their convo and ask if someone just came in here (though I could hear their voices in the next room the entire time). They answered no, and I showed them the kitchen sink. I would like to believe I am causing this with my mind. I just don't know. Any explanations? My mother thinks I need to holy water my house...but if it is an entity, it has obviously followed me, the house isn't the problem.

Old 08-10-2016, 09:40 AM

I forgot to mention something. My cat stares at a corner wall in my living room. My girlfriend and I both noticed it. He stares, cries, and runs away. Out of curiosity, on one occasion, I picked him up and comforted him as I would normally do. He kept staring at the corner, would look at me, and back to the corner of the wall. I decided to walk him back towards the corner, ando as I got close his tail puffed up. He cried loud and tried to hide his face in my shirt and quickly decided to try to escape my grasp on him. This has happened multiple times in my florida home. Again, if anyone has some insight into would appreciate it. All I can find online is scammer mediums and pk's, ghost and demon stories, and one psych today article written by a nueroscientist on electrons and the possibility of telekinesis.

Old 08-10-2016, 03:55 PM

1,216 posts, read 725,046 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baltimoresberzerker View Post
I forgot to mention something. My cat stares at a corner wall in my living room. My girlfriend and I both noticed it. He stares, cries, and runs away. Out of curiosity, on one occasion, I picked him up and comforted him as I would normally do. He kept staring at the corner, would look at me, and back to the corner of the wall. I decided to walk him back towards the corner, ando as I got close his tail puffed up. He cried loud and tried to hide his face in my shirt and quickly decided to try to escape my grasp on him. This has happened multiple times in my florida home. Again, if anyone has some insight into would appreciate it. All I can find online is scammer mediums and pk's, ghost and demon stories, and one psych today article written by a nueroscientist on electrons and the possibility of telekinesis.
The corner you speak of, does there happen to be a junction or fuse box near by or on the floor above/under?

Old 08-10-2016, 04:47 PM

444 posts, read 140,069 times
I know even now, I have a cat that really wants to go to a certain area of the house, for no apparent reason. But I think it's because there is a window there, etc. Seems normal.

I believe animals do sense outside of our spectrum.

Old 08-10-2016, 06:03 PM

64,657 posts, read 54,231,258 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baltimoresberzerker View Post
This is fascinating! When animals have fits at seemingly nothing, this should give us pause. Is there a metaphysical bookstore in your town? Or one about general spirituality? Sometimes those can refer you to the real deal.

Old 08-11-2016, 10:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhyRUMad View Post
The corner you speak of, does there happen to be a junction or fuse box near by or on the floor above/under?
I honestly don't know about a Junction. But I know for a fact there's no fuse box near the corner. You're thinking it's some kind of electricity related phenomenon?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal