Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-11-2016, 10:08 AM

4 posts, read 6,670 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
This is fascinating! When animals have fits at seemingly nothing, this should give us pause. Is there a metaphysical bookstore in your town? Or one about general spirituality? Sometimes those can refer you to the real deal.
Yea I found my cats fear troubling. He's a very smart little guy. Plays fetch, understands an impressive amount of english, and even goes on unleashed walks without issue. He's not liable to wig out for no reason. There is no meta or new age store in my area of Florida. :/ I appreciate the feedback and lack of ridicule guys.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-17-2017, 09:14 AM

1 posts, read 1,333 times
Even watching eerie movies or "ghost shows" or participating in anything like that leaves a door open for demonic hosts because we're taking part in something that isn't of God but of Satan. Satan doesn't play fair, and, as humans apart from God, we are pretty vulnerable to his attacks. Rebuke them; "I command you to go in Jesus name and invite the Holy Spirit in. I repent of partaking in anything that is ungodly or satanic. I bind you Satan in Jesus name and I command you to go." You don't need to be afraid of them. Jesus/God is greater. Fearing them is just what they want you to do.
Be confident that God is protecting you and that they have to go. "Every knee will bow and tongue will confess Jesus is Lord." They have to bow the knee at the name of Jesus.

Old 07-19-2017, 09:12 AM

1 posts, read 1,217 times
i have been seeing things move lately like cords in my bedroom being tugged. and in class i was in the back of the room and a paint trough moved. (there were two other witnesses) and i was looking for answers i can across your post and immediately freaked because these occurrences happened roughly 3 days after i had watched that specific episode of a haunting. i remember being so shocked that the women herself created a poltergeist. and now im worried that ive created a space for something negative to latch itself to me...

Old 07-20-2017, 07:55 AM

12,805 posts, read 9,532,543 times
My guitar strummed one night when I walked by it. I also later found my deodorant on the top shelf of my closet. I lived alone at the time.

Old 09-02-2017, 12:06 AM

1 posts, read 1,091 times
I work at a store cleaning overnight and have been hearing people talk and watching food mostly fruit get tossed or knocked off. Not sure what to think. I believe in ghosts but just didn't think there were any here till after a month and now 4 months later I'm sure somthing is here just not sure how to take it. I try to ignore it but it has just escalated for a while now to the point of being scratched. Now It really dosent bother me that bad but at the same time it's a little uncomfortable. Idk...any advise other than just quitting?

Old 09-02-2017, 11:24 AM

102,186 posts, read 107,790,902 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mmelton462 View Post
I work at a store cleaning overnight and have been hearing people talk and watching food mostly fruit get tossed or knocked off. Not sure what to think. I believe in ghosts but just didn't think there were any here till after a month and now 4 months later I'm sure somthing is here just not sure how to take it. I try to ignore it but it has just escalated for a while now to the point of being scratched. Now It really dosent bother me that bad but at the same time it's a little uncomfortable. Idk...any advise other than just quitting?
It's escalated to the point that YOU were scratched? Could you clarify your statement? Are you being harassed?

Old 09-02-2017, 11:36 AM

5,126 posts, read 7,405,069 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Merry Lee Gather View Post

If you have unwelcome visitors tell them they're not welcome and ask them to leave. Then invite your angels, guides and guardians in for protection and ask the arch angels to remove anything not of god from your home. They'll do it instantly. They can be everywhere and with many people at the same time.
THIS.

It's up to the individual to set boundaries and state what is allowed and what is not. I have a boundary that no ghost can appear unless it's broad daylight, they are connected to me, or there is a good reason. The only exception for a night appearance would be an urgent message.

I'd say that's why the only two times I've seen a ghost was during broad daylight.

Your guardians enforce what you've decided.

Old 09-02-2017, 12:32 PM

15,637 posts, read 26,242,236 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shooting Stars View Post
THIS.

It's up to the individual to set boundaries and state what is allowed and what is not. I have a boundary that no ghost can appear unless it's broad daylight, they are connected to me, or there is a good reason. The only exception for a night appearance would be an urgent message.

I'd say that's why the only two times I've seen a ghost was during broad daylight.

Your guardians enforce what you've decided.
Well...that explains why my "can hear the person come home before they come home" thing has stopped. I seriously freaked that last time and had a stern talking to the universe to cut that stuff out.

Old 09-02-2017, 02:55 PM

1,891 posts, read 1,683,480 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamepo View Post
I have had two incidents lately of things moving in the house by themselves. The first happened (coincidentally, or maybe not) while I was watching a TV documentary about a woman who had created a poltergeist in her home with negative emotions. I was lying on my bed watching it, and right as she was saying how she felt so bad for having created this, I watched as an (empty) foam cup on the bureau in front of me suddenly lifted straight up about 4 inches off of the bureau, and then jumped in an arc off of the bureau onto the floor. I actually rubbed my eyes because I couldn't believe what I had just seen. There was no noise, and it didn't move again after it was on the floor. I got up and examined the bureau to see if there was anything that might have caused it. The only thing I found was my phone charger which was nearby, but if that had suddenly uncrimped (for example) and bumped the cup, it would have been knocked right off. That would not account for the cup rising straight up into the air several inches and then literally leaping in an arc onto the floor.
The second incident was after I had cleaned the kitchen one day. I had cleaned all the countertops, closed all the cabinet doors, etc, and stood back when I was done, looking around to make sure I didn't miss anything. I gave a nod of satisfaction and then went out onto the patio to have a cigarette. Once I was done with that, I walked back in and stopped short when I saw that one of the cabinet doors was open. Not cracked open a little bit, it was wide open, as far as it would go. I am positive that it was closed, since I looked around and double-checked everything before I went outside.
This is the first time in my life I've ever experienced things moving by themselves. To my knowledge, there have been no deaths in the house. I'm not freaking out, since it has just been a cup and a cabinet door. But I also wanted to reach out for your input as to whether this might be the beginning of paranormal activity starting in the house, and what I can do to prevent it. I don't know if this matters, but I do love watching ghost shows, like "A Haunting" on Destination America. But I have never dabbled in the paranormal, like using a Ouija board, playing with magic, etc. I genuinely do not want to have a paranormal encounter because I would find it more frightening than interesting.
My question - is this anything I should be worried about? Does it maybe mean that paranormal activity is starting in the house? Or do things just sometimes move by themselves in a home and it's nothing to worry about? If it is potentially the beginning of more activity, is there anything I can do to stop it? I smudged my room with sage after the cup incident, but I don't know if that really works or if it's just a wivestale.
On a sidenote, when I was out on the patio 2 days ago, I heard a loud scraping sound, like nails on wood. It was coming from a cat toy that was on the table, which confused me because it's just a stick with a string and a cloth mouse at the end of the string. There isn't anything on it that could cause a scraping sound like that. When it happened I chalked it up to my imagination, but then about 5 minutes later it happened again.
Again, I know these are not major incidents, but I wanted to reach out and get your thoughts because if this is the beginning of more pronounced activity happening, I'd like to do what I can to stop it now before it escalates.
Also, I have no history of mental illness, hallucinations, etc.
All thoughts, feedback and suggestions welcome.
Thank you.

Who knows, maybe you will be Darth Vader soon, controlling the force

Old 09-04-2017, 09:06 AM

31,848 posts, read 17,595,087 times
Speaking of cats, this guy says his cats go to the door at midnight every night as though someone is on the other side. Additional weird events he's compiled here:

https://storify.com/moby_********/dear-david

He swears on twitter this isn't a marketing ploy but time will tell.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal