U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-26-2015, 02:07 PM

2,795 posts, read 3,824,466 times

Advertisements

Friday night (April 24) I was out walking my dogs in front of my house (eastern Kansas) & noticed a very bright red light coming over the trees/houses to the east. It was very bright red, silent. Looked kind of like a meteor, no clue what it could have been. Wasn't a plane or helicopter, no sound at all, I have never seen anything like that. I grabbed my cell & took videos,while tying to get my dogs to calm down as they saw it too, all 3 ran off in the same direction, & came back after about 5 minutes or so. I was walking/running down the street, trying to film it, it headed off towards the NW. I still cannot figure out what it could have been, just truly bizarre. Uploading to Youtube now, but video is very shaky, as it freaked me out, was home alone w/ my 2 kids while hubby was at work. What kinds of crafts can anyone think of that would look like a bright red flaming ball of light, soundless?
Rate this post positively Quick reply to this message

Old 04-26-2015, 02:20 PM

11,608 posts, read 14,654,078 times
Sky lantern, A flare dropped from a stealth aircraft or even hoaxers sending up a balloon with a light or flare, As they did in Morristown, New jersey in 2009. If you can link the video it would be great to get more of a perspective. Was it moving slowly or quickly toward the NW?

Old 04-26-2015, 02:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by D. Scott View Post
Sky lantern, A flare dropped from a stealth aircraft or even hoaxers sending up a balloon with a light or flare, As they did in Morristown, New jersey in 2009. If you can link the video it would be great to get more of a perspective. Was it moving slowly or quickly toward the NW?
Yup, at first I thought it was a sky lantern, like they have at the 4th of July. But this was moving directly to the west, in a straight line, then turned & went NW. Sky lanterns float,they don't move in a horizontal direction like this did. Plus there were storms moving in from the west, moving east. It wasn't floating, it was flying... a lantern would have snagged in the huge trees near my house. I live in a VERY small town, the nearest major airport is in Kansas City, over an hour away. Do flares move in a horizontal direction? I would love to find a rational explanation, just not having much luck. Will link videos when they upload.

Old 04-26-2015, 03:18 PM

Ok they are VERY shaky, sorry about that. Please ignore my cursing, but it sure was spooky. It pulsated a bit, & in the 2nd video you can just see it for a split second. When it first appeared over the trees & houses to the E it was very large, wish I had not been so freaked out & had a steadier hand. My dogs were freaking out, too.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=70H5...ature=youtu.be

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fppc...ature=youtu.be

Old 04-26-2015, 07:03 PM

6,979 posts, read 8,688,585 times
It was a drone.
I see them often at night in my neighborhood.
A guy a few blocks away has it.
It has red, blue and green lights, but by the looks, can only display one light at a time.

Bob.

Old 04-26-2015, 07:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CALGUY View Post
It was a drone.
I see them often at night in my neighborhood.
A guy a few blocks away has it.
It has red, blue and green lights, but by the looks, can only display one light at a time.

Bob.
I have been watching lots of videos, might have been, but how big are they, I wonder? When I first saw it, the light was much bigger than a basketball, are they that big? This woman says she sees them all the time in Arkansas...

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCc5...7muBkof0w2mSkQ

Old 04-26-2015, 09:52 PM

17,846 posts, read 8,114,004 times
OP---I went to watch your videos only to find that you had removed them.

Old 04-26-2015, 10:39 PM

6,979 posts, read 8,688,585 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KsStorm View Post
I have been watching lots of videos, might have been, but how big are they, I wonder? When I first saw it, the light was much bigger than a basketball, are they that big? This woman says she sees them all the time in Arkansas...

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCc5...7muBkof0w2mSkQ
That big, and bigger.
Drones come in all sizes and shapes.
The one in my area has a light about the size of a basketball when it is about 200' in the air.
Bob.

Old 04-26-2015, 11:11 PM

3,180 posts, read 3,916,046 times
Go to ''UFO Stalker'' website, which is the MUFON reporting site.

These are commonly seen objects.

Old 04-27-2015, 02:20 AM

Location: where you sip the tea of the breasts of the spinsters of Utica
8,299 posts, read 12,902,870 times
Well, the dogs freaking out indicates it might be more than just a drone.

I believe it was swamp gas reflected by a weather balloon from the planet Venus:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wqlFiTOi6QQ

(the funny thing is that "swamp gas" and "the planet Venus in the sky" or "weather balloons" actually were standard explanations by the authorities for UFO sightings back in the 50s, 60s, and 70s.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal