U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-04-2015, 03:49 PM

1,727 posts, read 1,486,129 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn View Post
I remember some that did not, also...I'm thinking they might not have
been there very long?
You're right, maybe those are the ones that were not there as long. It could also maybe be because that is not what they needed to see? Maybe everyone that has an NDE gets to see what they need to see, and for everyone that might be different.

I read that some people actually see living relatives during an NDE. I have no idea why that would be.

I don't know anyone personally that has had an NDE. I know one person who was in a bad accident and they said at that moment they saw a couple of family members that have died, but it was not an NDE. The family members were just there for a second.

I have a friend who has a friend who had an NDE. I think the person said he did not see anyone, but was just walking in a green field talking to God. He did not hear a voice, but he was talking to God and knew what God was telling him. From what I was told this person was never the same after his NDE. I have always read that is how you know there is a difference between an NDE and a dream. A dream does not change a person in such profound ways like an NDE does.

I know I can not think about my death too much because it would not be healthy to dwell on dying while still alive, but I do sometimes wonder what I will see when I go. How will it all go for me.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-04-2015, 04:00 PM

Quote:
Then I saw a light very far away, but it came closer and closer while the soft and loving darkness pushed me towards the light, and then I was surrounded by this unearthly loving, very beautifully radiating light. In that overwhelming radiating loving light, I met a glowingly beautiful, very loving being. It was as if I knew him (it was apparently a he), I knew then that I knew him, and felt completely comfortable and happy. His loving presence completely surrounded me, and together we went try my life and all that I had experienced in a loving way, not any judging way.

Bolette L's
This is comforting that they there will be no condemnation. Unconditional love.

Speaking of seeing a light. I have never told anyone this, but after one of my cats died I had a very scary dream. In my dream my cat was in a dark tunnel, and there was a light ahead, but it looked like it was far ahead. My cat was scared, and did not want to go towards this light. I could not see him in my dream, but I could sense him, I KNEW it was him, and I knew he was scared, the feelings were very real and very intense. I woke up wondering if this dream was telling me my cat was stuck in the tunnel. When he was alive he was always a momma's boy and was scared of even heights (not usual for a cat), and if he jumped up on something he would cry for me to go get him and get him down. If there is a tunnel he had to go through after he died, I can see him getting scared, but I always thought someone is there to help those that are scared.

Old 05-04-2015, 04:03 PM

19,489 posts, read 15,049,969 times
You just didn't stay in your dream long enough!
Someone helped him...

Old 05-04-2015, 04:17 PM

Quote:
You just didn't stay in your dream long enough!
Someone helped him...
Thank you My grandmother passed away a few months before he did so hopefully he found her. The dream was not right after he died, I don't remember how long after, but I did wonder if he had been stuck all that time. I never had the dream again so I think he is okay. He is probably laying around resting, and also bugging people to brush him and "do his nails". Yes, my cat loved being brushed and loved having his nails cut. If he saw me brushing my other pets he would push them out of the way, and he would sit in my lap while I brushed him and cut his nails, and I would gently file them for him, and he loved it, haha. He was such a diva.

Old 05-04-2015, 08:14 PM

10,178 posts, read 18,739,798 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ashleynj View Post
From the NDE stories I have read it seems that not everyone gets a life review. I wonder why.
I've read that too and my thought is that some people are more introspective than others. Like, even the best of us may say or do insensitive things and many people never give it another thought, but more introspective people may return to the situation in their mind and either make amends to that person or at least work out what they did wrong in their mind so they won't do it again. I'm thinking that if they've already done that in life there may be no real reason to repeat the experience at death.

Old 05-04-2015, 08:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stepka View Post
I've read that too and my thought is that some people are more introspective than others. Like, even the best of us may say or do insensitive things and many people never give it another thought, but more introspective people may return to the situation in their mind and either make amends to that person or at least work out what they did wrong in their mind so they won't do it again. I'm thinking that if they've already done that in life there may be no real reason to repeat the experience at death.
Oh! That would explain why I don't think much of the Life Review, for me, personally...I mean,
I don't need to be shown my mistakes; Trust Me!
Contrition isn't just in a Catholic prayer!
And how I effected people wonderfully ...like ripples in a pond...simply by being kind
or just smiling...I know.

BUT, I am a better person after reading 2 NDEs in particular....summaries...
One guy, lol, only had ONE thing that his 'guide' was very pleased with and said, "Now here you got it right."
When his sister was crying and he went in and held her. ONE THING! hahahahah!

Another, a scene at Seneca Park, NY...was shown how (as a young boy) he stopped and
appreciated how beautiful a tree was...and he got to feeeeel how it made the tree FEEL!

I was never the same! I am not the same after those 2 stories.

Last edited by Miss Hepburn; 05-04-2015 at 08:42 PM..

Old 05-04-2015, 10:12 PM

Quote:
That makes a lot of sense!

Old 05-04-2015, 10:20 PM

Quote:

Another, a scene at Seneca Park, NY...was shown how (as a young boy) he stopped and
appreciated how beautiful a tree was...and he got to feeeeel how it made the tree FEEL!
wow, I love this.

Old 05-05-2015, 08:57 PM

10,178 posts, read 18,739,798 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ashleynj View Post
wow, I love this.
Me too.

Old 05-06-2015, 07:28 AM

Quote:
Me too.
Changed MY LIFE! I look at weeds differently! (With appreciation for
their little selves...they are quite amazing! Who can grow thru concrete!?)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal