Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-23-2016, 09:01 PM

16,077 posts, read 28,545,163 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CatTX View Post
It has been a while since I read the book, but if I remember correctly it was palm readers, psychics, tea leaf readers, spiritualists and shamans. And all of them in Asia and, apparently, quite fatalistic (everything is set in stone) and willing to forecast everything from birth to death. So if they had seen his cancer, they would have definitely told him.

That is what I wonder as well.

Intriguing, I can't speak to forecasting on the Asian continent. Palm readers, tea leaf readers another area; usually a skill learned and passed down through generations.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-23-2016, 11:27 PM

2,163 posts, read 1,549,013 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
That used to happen to me as a massage therapist. Some clients seemed to pick up nasty energy from others, or something. I knew I'd gotten nailed when suddenly I couldn't sleep at night; I'd be wide awake, and would have insomnia like that for days, until I could see my acupuncturist, who had a procedure to clear that energy. I found out that it was a remarkably common problem with massage therapists and acupuncturists, but the acu's usually had a good way of shielding themselves from it.

There's a lot more to life than meets the eye. There's something about the body's EM field and how people's EM fields interact that science has yet to investigate and understand.
This is a touchy subject as most people are still inclined to think of things like EM fields as 'hocus pocus'. I don't even bother discussing these things with people who refuse to see that there's a whole lot more to the world and the science of things. The thing with massage therapists makes perfect sense, and, again, I spoke with a woman who told me things as if she'd watched me on hidden camera. This world has many, many layers but most are too numb-minded to even delve into it.

Old 03-24-2016, 02:06 AM

6,931 posts, read 6,864,193 times
Quote:
This is a touchy subject as most people are still inclined to think of things like EM fields as 'hocus pocus'. I don't even bother discussing these things with people who refuse to see that there's a whole lot more to the world and the science of things.
I agree. There are a few on here who will insist that they have to measure it or at least have the blessing of a scientist to be sure it exists.

I tend to believe that there is a whole world out there which lives on energy generated by humans doing various different things. There are also some people I know who get worn out after a trip to a place where there are many people in a fairly enclosed space such as malls and hospitals, etc. Taking a shower after such a trip can help revitalise and clear up a lot of things. Many older people are often energy-drainers too.

Yes, occult practices throughout the ages have taught various ways to protect oneself against energy suckers and other entities so occult books are good to read even just for those kind of useful tidbits. No-one else seems to tell people about it much and it is something they should be aware of.

Old 03-24-2016, 02:55 AM

18,525 posts, read 18,732,187 times
Animals and children pick up on things much quicker than us as we have closed our minds to whats out there..

Old 03-24-2016, 03:01 AM

6,931 posts, read 6,864,193 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tallysmom View Post
I really wish these people were real -- I'd love to talk to my family, I have real questions. But I'm like you. I don't believe.

The Monroe Institute does research and runs courses which teach people to travel out-of-body. The books written by Robert Monroe document quite a few instances of contact between him and other people who have "gone upstairs". If you want to know, the tools and techniques are available for you to do the same.

Of course, you do not have to pay the Monroe Institute for their methods, you can read other books which have been around for ages and glean the knowledge that way. The MI seems to think they have technology which makes it easier to start OOB travel thats all.

Lucid dreaming apparently has a similar effect and it is possible to contact dead rellies that way in dreams too.

Old 03-24-2016, 03:41 PM

16,077 posts, read 28,545,163 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Guard View Post

If the medium picks a random name, say Robert, and the person did not know a person who went by the name Robert but did know a person who went by Bob is that a hit?
I think you're referring to cold readings with an audience and where you're hung up.

Roberts..Rob, Bert, Bob. There'll be a number of ppl who know someone deceased by any of those variations.

Its simple to clarify....message or information that follows define the correct recipient.

Old 03-24-2016, 04:41 PM

5,126 posts, read 7,405,069 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Guard View Post

I understand it. I am not sure why someone who thought that Dizz was important enough to contact and that Dizz knew would not remember the name she knew her by?

If the medium picks a random name, say Robert, and the person did not know a person who went by the name Robert but did know a person who went by Bob is that a hit?

I do not think so because people know a lot of people so it is a throw at a dartboard with an assist from the target, and in this case bystanders.
If a medium said there is a person here by the name of Bob and nothing else, then it's not a hit. If the medium said there is a person here by the name of Bob, and you and he used to picnic together by the lake, and that is true, then it's a hit. Look at the total combined evidence, man!

You IGNORE all evidence you don't want to admit, like lighting the candle, the deceased woman's Catholicism, and that she was the only person Dizzybint knew who had just died.

You relentlessly focus on "Susan vs Susie". The woman's legal name was Susan, so the name "Susan" is NOT a mistake. You are miffed that she didn't use her nickname? How petty and silly can you be?

There are FOUR pieces of evidence here that are correct. If you think FOUR pieces of evidence are not enough, please explain why not?

You are one of those people who demand evidence, and then keep on moving the goal posts. Face up to yourself and come clean with us. The honest truth is that you would not be satisfied with anything.

Old 03-25-2016, 11:23 AM

15,637 posts, read 26,242,236 times
I'm closing this thread to clean it up.

Old 03-25-2016, 04:51 PM

15,637 posts, read 26,242,236 times
Now that I've cleaned this up -- keep it CIVIL.

Old 03-25-2016, 06:16 PM

15 posts, read 9,145 times
Concerning Mediumship, surely many of you are old enough to know that one should never attribute to malice what one could equally attribute to stupidity. Fake Mediums don't know they're fake. I have been a few times and been mostly disappointed, but as with all paranormal phenomena, there only needs to be one genuine instance. The very first time I went to a "platform Medium" he came to me and gave the name, cause of death, and month of death of my father, and the name of his best friend. He also said a couple of things that were a bit iffy but described some personal issues going on at the time exactly right. it is simply not possible that he could have got all this right by chance or by guessing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal