U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-09-2015, 01:42 AM

16 posts, read 16,816 times

Advertisements

I used to close my bedroom door when I slept at night, mainly from habit. The door latch had a click that I'd hear when I closed the door completely, and it was my habit to always close the door until the latch clicked.

One morning, I heard the door latch click while I was still in bed but just waking up. This hadn't happened in the 12 years I had lived here. I was sleeping on my back, and the hairs on my arms stood up, and instantly I felt a pressure on the bedspread, as if some force was pressing down on the entire bedspread -- like I was being vacuum sealed into the bed. I could not breath, but I wasn't quite sure if it was from the force, or if it was my fear. I laid there -- my mind racing. Slowly the force eased then stopped, and I could breath. As my mind slowed down from it's previously racing pace -- I tried to pinpoint if that had just been a dream in my waking state. Or if it really happened. I looked over and the door was ajar.

This was 2 years ago -- but I moved out of that room, and I now sleep in the other bedroom on the main floor.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-09-2015, 02:10 AM

1,728 posts, read 1,467,287 times
That is scary. It does not sound like a dream. Now I know there is something called sleep paralysis, but this does not sound like that is what happened. A ghost? Would a ghost need to open the door though? I would think they could just walk right through a closed door. Did anyone close to you die around that time?

Old 05-09-2015, 07:51 PM

16 posts, read 16,816 times
Nobody close to me died around that time. The closest would be my grandmother, but that was a couple of years prior.

I've considered that it was just not latched completely, and just popped open due to this old house shifting as old houses do when the outside temperatures change.

But the the sense that some force was enveloping me and holding me down was very strong. And then it just passed, or I woke up -- not sure which.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal