U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-28-2015, 03:05 PM

1,385 posts, read 1,315,448 times

Advertisements

Maybe because he thinks you'd like a good analogy to understand it better?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vasily View Post
And peoples' religious beliefs are relevant to this topc because ...?
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-28-2015, 04:19 PM

5,890 posts, read 4,567,704 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken S. View Post
Maybe because he thinks you'd like a good analogy to understand it better?
Or he thinks I need a really bad analogy that adds nothing to the conversation but manages to insult anyone reading this thread who might hold belief in a deity or deities by trivializing that belief.

Old 05-28-2015, 04:47 PM

5,464 posts, read 8,674,168 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark S. View Post
Actually, lizard tastes a lot like chicken. We should have made the connection long before the paleontologists.
Mmmm, finger lickin' good.

Old 05-28-2015, 04:57 PM

5,464 posts, read 8,674,168 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken S. View Post
I believe that's what's discussed in the book - it's been several years since I read it, so I'm not sure, but that sounds like it. I've also read an earlier book by the author in which he pushed some theories that have since been "forgotten". Basically everything about this field is an uncertainty. The few people involved in it know that almost all of what they now understand will be within the course of decades be fundamentally challenged or debunked, and replaced by new sets of theories that in turn will be eventually significantly modified. That's fine, given the nature of what they are researching, one should not expect that they can know anything near to the whole truth. But unfortunately what happens is that these people write books that present conjecture and theory and "fact" and these books in turn influence public opinion and further lead to TV shows and childrens "learning material" being produced that essentially presents lies as the truth.
I remember hearing about the African dino a long time ago. I think it was in a tabloid similar to Weekly World News. I know what you mean about TV shows.

Old 07-09-2015, 06:15 AM

4 posts, read 2,982 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NightBazaar View Post
I remember hearing about the African dino a long time ago. I think it was in a tabloid similar to Weekly World News. I know what you mean about TV shows.
Thank you for everyone's input!!

Last edited by Hammyandnature; 07-09-2015 at 06:15 AM.. Reason: Wrong writing
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal