U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-05-2015, 11:58 PM

11,439 posts, read 19,468,095 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JaxRhapsody View Post
What if you had a pyrex dish, just sitting there, then just cracks? One of those nearly unbreakable glass items...?
Newer Pyrex shatters all the time -- they changed from borosilcate glass to soda lime silicate glass -- not nearly as good...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-27-2016, 09:46 PM

971 posts, read 675,206 times
Another update...

Had to stay home from work one day last week (1/20) so a plumber could fix a leaky waste pipe in my wall went to the bank to withdraw tons of money and I found a dime right next to my car on the way out. Not normally odd but I should not have been there or even home that day

Did my laundry the other day (1/24) and when I removed all of my clothes, a shiny dime was at the bottom of the machine. Not so weird because it probably fell out of my pockets but again, it was a dime and not a penny, nickel, wuater, eat

Went out for lunch today at work (I never get to take lunch) and when I went to my car, another dime right there. Too much to be a coincidence. Unexplainable. I wish I knew what it meant.

Old 01-27-2016, 10:10 PM

12,448 posts, read 10,156,503 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trusso11783 View Post
...Went out for lunch today at work (I never get to take lunch) and when I went to my car, another dime right there. Too much to be a coincidence. Unexplainable. I wish I knew what it meant.
I see dimes all the time, but I don't pick coins off the street. I can go to any sizeable store parking lot and pick up at least one dime. It just means lots of people drop dimes. Oh yeah - and there's always a dime or two on top of the clothes dryer.

Old 04-07-2016, 09:20 PM

Found another dime tonight. Was walking tonight. Dark out, slight street light in the distance. I passed a parked car which cast a large dark shadow and as I was passing, I saw something circular. Picked it up, smiled and walked away.

I also found a few more in the past two weeks. One of the times, I was with a coworker and was replacing a few computers in a residents room in the hospital we work in. I looked down and there it was. Even he said he couldn't believe it because it is at least the third time I found one in the few lunches we took.

Old 04-12-2016, 11:00 PM

343 posts, read 410,959 times
Mr/Ms Trusso are either of your parents still alive? Or another older relative? I'm wondering if when you were a little tyke a Grandpa maybe, gave you dimes? Maybe you were too young to remember? I think of this because my parents used to put a quarter for each of my children under a rug they had in their living room. They would run in to try and find it when we visited. My parents are gone, my kids are grown now but I will have to ask them when we chat next if they find coins occasionally. I have to say that you have hit the jackpot with the frequency. You said in one of your first posts (if I remember correctly) that you keep all the dimes in a jar? How much $$ do you have?

Old 04-20-2016, 10:09 PM

Both parents are gone. Dad passed in late '97 and mom in '06. I started finding the dimes somewhere in between. I have no memory of any relatives giving me dimes and I have many vivid memories that go back to age 3. I have memories of uncles slipping me $10 or $20 and telling me not to tell my parents.

I used to put the dimes in my pocket with my other change and spend them. Only in recent years have I saved them. I would have to count them. Thanks for your response.

Old 04-21-2016, 02:27 AM
Status: "Invisible cats keep you up at night" (set 5 days ago)

9,761 posts, read 21,625,606 times
It's usually pennies that appear out of nowhere. When coins appear frequently, I was always told it was from a departed relative. I think you are lucky with the dimes. As for the streetlights going out as you walk by them, they always do that to me as well. When it first happened back in 2000 for the first time, I thought it was quite weird. I would be out doing nightly walks by myself and each street light went out as I approached it. Quite scary in the beginning. It also will happen when we drive by them at night, usually when the windows are open on those hot summer nights here in the desert.

The apt we lived in at the time I would do my solo nightly walks, whenever I turned on the light to the second bedroom, which was my home office, the bulb would blow in the lamp. Was so annoying! Went through so many light bulbs. Even had the electric company come out and check all the plugs, all the electrical and they could not find a thing wrong.

It was also at this same apt that I would sometimes see someone walking by which I thought was my husband, and I would start talking to him, going to the room he went into, and he was not home from work yet! Used to bewilder me. I finally figured the place must have a ghost. Otherwise I was crazy.

Old 04-21-2016, 11:35 AM

4,937 posts, read 4,233,907 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Al G View Post
I say balony. Not normal. Sure hasn't happened to me or any one else I know.
Has to be a reason, but certainly not normal.
Sorry to argue, but totally normal.

It is the failure mode for these type of lamps. I worked for the company that replaces the lamps and this is how we know that they need replacing. When someone reports the lamp going off and on we replaced the lamp. It is completely normal. The fact that it happens when an individual is passing by is totally coincidental. It just goes off for about 5 minutes and then on for 5 minutes or so, over and over, until it is replaced.

Old 04-21-2016, 04:22 PM

Happened today at lunch. I come in an hour late every day and never take a lunch because I like to leave normal time at the end of the day. I came in normal time today and went to Home Depot for lunch. I would never had even been there if I didnt come in normal time this one day this year. Anyway, I walked out and right there in the parking lot, a dime. Again, not weird to find a dime. The weirdest part is that I find them at a location I would never normally be. I never really find them in my every day routine travels other than one laying outside of my car door.

Old 04-21-2016, 04:27 PM

The street lamp thing may be normal. I never stuck around long enough to see if they came back on 5 minutes later but it sure is coincidental that they turn off as I approach as much as they did.

The cracked dish is by far not normal. It wasn't dropped. It just cracked while sitting on the counter top on a normal temperature day. No one touched it. It was like spontaneous combustion for a dish.

The dimes are not normal with the frequency that I find them and the very odd places that they are, especially when it is pitch black at night and they are right there in my face as I turn my head. Which means, if I didnt turn my head in that very direction at that very second, they would not have been seen.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal