U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-30-2015, 10:27 AM

7,150 posts, read 8,786,272 times

Advertisements

I'LL stick with EVP.

I know that works.

Bob.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-01-2015, 10:58 PM

4,756 posts, read 4,172,974 times
But most EVPs seem to only get a word or two which is often open to interpretation and, as far as a scientific analysis is concerned, is not much good. If we hope to get this subject taken seriously by science then it needs a clear way to communicate. EVPs may be fine for personal proof or personal verification of a question answered, but we need answers to open questions which need longer answers so we can understand the environment there.

Old 07-02-2015, 07:43 PM

7,150 posts, read 8,786,272 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocpaul20 View Post
But most EVPs seem to only get a word or two which is often open to interpretation and, as far as a scientific analysis is concerned, is not much good. If we hope to get this subject taken seriously by science then it needs a clear way to communicate. EVPs may be fine for personal proof or personal verification of a question answered, but we need answers to open questions which need longer answers so we can understand the environment there.
I assume by " environment there", you are speaking about where spirits reside, and it has been my experience that we humans are not supposed to know what that world is like.
In many of my evp contacts, I have asked that question more times than I can remember, and the answer has always been vague, and never fully described in detail.

I believe in one of my readings it was stated by spirits, "it is not for eyes such as yours".
I tend to believe that.
We will only ever be allowed that which is allowed, and nothing more.

Communication with the spirit world is limited to what the spirits allow, so don't hold your breath waiting for some scientific breakthrough.
It isn't going to happen.

One more thing, do I believe humans can "help" guide a wayward spirit into the spirit world?
Absolutely not.
If guidance is needed, the spirit within a living human can, and often do, guide the lost spirits, but because a human experiences the act of guidance, they automatically think they are the driving force, when in fact it is the spirit within that is doing the guiding, not the human being.

Bob.

Old 07-07-2015, 09:28 PM

Bob, I live in a country where most things are described in concepts and so I was wondering if a thought or an idea is far less precise than words in a language. This might be the problem - that we are trying to ask questions based on our own limiting language or way of expressing ourselves. If the spirits could give us an idea or concept transferred into our heads from their head, then we might understand more of what they are trying to convey.

In reading Robert Monroe's (The Monroe Institute) books on Out of Body experimentation, he talks of things which he calls 'rotes' which are 'information downloads' from one being to another. This I think is more what we should be thinking of when considering other realms because I dont think our words are good enough.

Old 07-07-2015, 11:31 PM

Sorry for the two posts, I had another thought and it was after the 90 minute limit on editing.

Quote:
Communication with the spirit world is limited to what the spirits allow, so don't hold your breath waiting for some scientific breakthrough.
It isn't going to happen.

One more thing, do I believe humans can "help" guide a wayward spirit into the spirit world?
Absolutely not.
If guidance is needed, the spirit within a living human can, and often do, guide the lost spirits, but because a human experiences the act of guidance, they automatically think they are the driving force, when in fact it is the spirit within that is doing the guiding, not the human being.
I have come to believe that we are not poor helpless beings subjected to the will of others - whether these others are God-like entities, ghost-like entities, or human-like entities.

I think that if we allow ourselves to be limited by what we think is possible, them we give ourselves false barriers which are not really barriers to progression. There have been many people who have been spurred on to great heights by taking away their 'false ceilings' which have limited them in their own minds.

I dont see a difference between what we see as our 'physical' body and what we see as our 'spirit' body. Some people believe we are multidimensional beings anyway so one level of physicality is merely another level of our multidimensional personality. I dont see them as separate parts with separate personalities and identities, I see myself as being all of it composed of energy bodies of differing densities which means that some are seen and some are not or some exist in this reality and some exist in other realities at the same time.

My take on this journey is that we have to work at integrating all these parts of our being so that we eventually become aware at all levels and then we can progress 'upwards' from there.

Old 07-09-2015, 10:29 PM

20,968 posts, read 26,429,241 times
Wasn't some device invented already called "the occulus 1V" - or something like that?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal