U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-11-2015, 08:06 PM

20,880 posts, read 26,332,696 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by plwhit View Post
We see it over and over in this thread, discussions and arguments on whether ghosts, aliens, spirits etc exist...

Geez, believe what your mind extrapolates it sees, have faith and confidence in yourself and your judgements, stop looking for others to confirm what you think you saw or experienced...

Let me turn this around - why are so many people dedicated to proving that the supernatural does not exist? Why are all of you trying to convince us that we are wrong?

Personally, I don't give a fig what you believe. Many skeptics seem to care quite a bit about what we believe, though, judging from the amount of time spent on this forum.

If this forum and what we discuss irritates you, there are plenty of other fora on which to spend time.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-11-2015, 09:07 PM

3,751 posts, read 6,785,119 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by charlygal View Post
NOT TRUE AT ALL!!!

Those that don't believe will accuse Jane Doe of being ignorant, illogical, a sheep, fearful, and lacking the ability to think critically.
It is true, just look back at some of the past discussions.
Skeptics will say what you have described as well. So, they do both.
It really depends on the type of skeptic.

To Vasily - yes, there are two kinds, I should have specified, was not targeting your kind.
I am also skeptical, but it may not appear to be from my contributions.
But I am very keen to seeing, and ready to call BS if it is so.
The one thing that gets me, Orbs....not every spec in your picture is a true orb!!!!
I have seen orbs in person, yet have never captured one with a camera. I believe that they are quite rare on film, if possible at all. But I do know they exist (in my reality).
I enjoy the interaction with 'good' skeptics. I am all about dissecting and picking apart an experience to get to the truth.

Old 07-11-2015, 10:43 PM

7,192 posts, read 3,595,339 times
Quote:
I am all about dissecting and picking apart an experience to get to the truth.
With the emphasis on getting to the truth.

Old 07-11-2015, 11:29 PM

12,445 posts, read 12,461,387 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by virgode View Post
...Why else would non believers join these threads?...
To provide a rational explanation.

I have a co-worker who experienced something "strange" a while back and still had trouble talking about it, so I asked if he would explain the experience to me. He said he had witnessed "strange" flashes of light in the night sky - like a flashbulb in the sky. When I explained Iridium Flares to him he looked at me with a big grin on his face and said "That's it!!!!" He had seen something he didn't understand, and it really bothered him until it was explained.

Old 07-11-2015, 11:30 PM

3,751 posts, read 6,785,119 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 303Guy View Post
With the paranormal, in the end the truth is usually still elusive.
So what of the many possibilities that there are do we want to play with?

Old 07-11-2015, 11:31 PM

16,081 posts, read 25,733,769 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by plwhit View Post

All the people are doing is regurgitating myths and erroneous information."

Do some people ever bother to actively research something thats posted here or do they just go to the posted article (if that) without ever questioning is there another side to this?
Forgive me, but I have not a clue who 'the people' or 'some people', would be. So, I don't know that we're
( you and I) are on the same page.

Are you referring to believers or skeptics?

Old 07-11-2015, 11:32 PM

16,081 posts, read 25,733,769 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 303Guy View Post
Whose truth, that's subjective? lols

Old 07-12-2015, 09:36 AM

5,900 posts, read 4,573,526 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OwlKaMyst View Post
To Vasily - yes, there are two kinds, I should have specified, was not targeting your kind.
I am also skeptical, but it may not appear to be from my contributions.
Actually, yes, I have seen you question things in some of the "ghost" threads here.

Quote:
I enjoy the interaction with 'good' skeptics. I am all about dissecting and picking apart an experience to get to the truth.
Too bad some of the other correspondents here seem to see any attempt at dissecting and picking apart as a personal attack.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal