Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-16-2015, 12:48 AM

203 posts, read 172,693 times

Advertisements

I've always respected my uncle, but there was a language barrier when young and he was by nature reserved and distant; he also apparently had childhood issues and endured several years of captivity during WW2 and he and my aunt did not get along so he repressed a lot. When I was young I was a bit intimidated but he was never mean or violent. After my aunt died he seemed to lighten up a bit but he was already fairly old and soon he began to go into decline. He has held on for a very long time being of the old breed he doesn't quit but he's very much out of it now. A few years ago it was revealed to me that he had been very concerned about my mom, who is a widow, my father having died when I was quite young, that she needed to be taken care of (she didn't and doesn't), and I wondered if he had actually been attracted to her. Anyway, a few weeks ago I had a dream where he phoned - the voice was very distinctly his - and he asked how mom was doing. I tried to explain in English, but got the sense he disapproved, then tried in his native language, but my answer was a ramble and he did not respond whereupon the dream drifted to two female cousins (his daughters); the one was sitting in our kitchen with her grand-daughter (who she has custody of) and I am standing, and happen to turn around and see my other cousin walking up behind me. About a week after the dream my one cousin (the one walking up behind me in the dream) contacts us to say that my uncle's condition is deteriorating and things don't look good, so she's coming to visit. I tend not to dream about relatives (or at least remember them) and the family dynamic has always been such that we've never been close emotionally or as a mutually-supportive group, so to me the timing is interesting. Also before my aunt - his wife - died I had a dream that she was standing in our kitchen wearing a hospital gown and looking very dejected. She and my mother had had a falling out and we hadn't been in contact much, so it was my cousin (the one sitting in our kitchen in the other dream) who contacted us by which time she was pretty far-gone (long story which involves a botched surgery) but it seems the dream had been about the time when she had learned of her cancer. I guess the thing that gets me is that despite the family dynamic such an apparent "psychic" (?) thing would happen in both cases.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-16-2015, 05:38 AM

2,334 posts, read 2,647,940 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shanksalot View Post
A few years ago it was revealed to me that he had been very concerned about my mom, who is a widow, my father having died when I was quite young, that she needed to be taken care of (she didn't and doesn't), and I wondered if he had actually been attracted to her. Anyway, a few weeks ago I had a dream where he phoned - the voice was very distinctly his - and he asked how mom was doing. I tried to explain in English, but got the sense he disapproved, then tried in his native language, but my answer was a ramble and he did not respond whereupon the dream drifted to two female cousins (his daughters); the one was sitting in our kitchen with her grand-daughter (who she has custody of) and I am standing, and happen to turn around and see my other cousin walking up behind me. About a week after the dream my one cousin (the one walking up behind me in the dream) contacts us to say that my uncle's condition is deteriorating and things don't look good, so she's coming to visit.
I'd say you're definitely a very sharp "receiver." Sometimes I don't think the family dynamic matters as much as someone in the family with a keen antenna (that would be you) who can pick up these things, even if it's on an unconscious / sleep level.

The fact that you tuned in to your uncle's possible attraction/care for your mother both before AND after he became unable to communicate is key to your intuition; I also don't think it's mere coincidence that you dreamed this just one week before your cousin said he's not doing well and is coming your way.

I think all "telelphone" dreams are interesting because it's obviously the top mode of communication we use for those at a distance in everyday life, so naturally we'd conjure up the same symbolism in our dreams.

When I was engaged, I dreamed my aunt (whom I wasn't particularly close to but had died six years earlier) "called me" (I could see her on the phone, just as she was in life) just to tell me she was so proud and happy that I was getting married. When I awoke, it felt as if she had just been there in my room.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal