U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-24-2015, 10:40 AM

5,460 posts, read 8,632,671 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by saltine View Post
are you saying aliens are ugly?
Haven't you seen the movies "Alien", "Independence Day", "Predator" or "Angry Red Planet"? Aliens are absolutely hideous.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-24-2015, 02:57 PM

21,374 posts, read 10,917,458 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NightBazaar View Post
Haven't you seen the movies "Alien", "Independence Day", "Predator" or "Angry Red Planet"? Aliens are absolutely hideous.
I've only encountered Venusians.. pain and delight.

Old 08-24-2015, 05:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by saltine View Post
I've only encountered Venusians.. pain and delight.
I suspect that's what George Adamski thought about the Nordic aliens from Venus as well.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/George_Adamski

Old 08-24-2015, 05:40 PM

3,314 posts, read 1,745,412 times
Looks like a orc.

Old 08-26-2015, 01:26 PM

5,168 posts, read 3,603,730 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocpaul20 View Post
All these people who think ugly=evil are going to have a real problem when we get face-to-face with aliens. Just because something is not how we think is pretty, does not mean they are bad/evil/malevolent, it just means they dont look like us. Are we going to kill them just because they are ugly and we think they MAY be against us?

Too many images of aliens/devils/monsters on church roofs I guess.
A quick look through human history will give you a clear answer to this picture.

Old 08-27-2015, 06:07 AM

4,176 posts, read 3,064,647 times
I cast you out, unclean spirit!

Old 08-27-2015, 11:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cachibatches View Post
I cast you out, unclean spirit!
Right. That unclean spirit needs to be cast into a bathtub to be cleaned.

Old 08-28-2015, 06:43 AM

11,544 posts, read 14,571,198 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NightBazaar View Post
Not in all films. Starman, Close encounters of the Third kind and Cocoon portrayed the Aliens as not hideous. One thing in reference to this thread and what you bring up; The ugly ones in the films you mention were hostile, And the non-ugly ones were benevolent. I just realized this thinking about it after seeing this post.

Old 08-28-2015, 09:01 AM

5,168 posts, read 3,603,730 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by D. Scott View Post
Not in all films. Starman, Close encounters of the Third kind and Cocoon portrayed the Aliens as not hideous. One thing in reference to this thread and what you bring up; The ugly ones in the films you mention were hostile, And the non-ugly ones were benevolent. I just realized this thinking about it after seeing this post.
E.T. was pretty ugly.

Also this raises one of my pet peeves on this particular board...using movies, cartoons and comics as sources for what is real and what is not real. I am interested in the unexplained and the paranormal but I am interested in the truth.

Using fiction as sources does not further knowledge.

Old 08-28-2015, 11:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by D. Scott View Post
Exactly. A lot of that is the 'ugly vs beautiful' notion. The motion picture industry has certainly cashed in on recognizing certain characteristics that trigger basic human emotions for the sake of entertainment. ET was portrayed as a sweet, kind and benevolent alien. However, if you actually saw something alive with a stretchy snakelike neck on a stumpy body with a face that looks like that of a turtle, a finger with a menacing glow, and a raspy gargling, unhuman voice saying "ET phone home", what would your initial reaction be? Would you embrace it or run? Whether something culturally looks beautiful or hideous isn't always a determining factor. Realistically, it's the actions that matter more.

The image in the link of the OP's initial post kind of reminds me of another one.
Thanks to a Creepy Ultrasound, Expectant Parents Are Now Expecting a Demon
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal