U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-29-2008, 11:20 AM

280 posts, read 1,102,406 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Niners fan View Post
Depending who gets elected president I might be willing to believe that the world will end in 2012!
..you hit that one right on!!! (Go 49'ers )
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-30-2008, 08:58 AM

5,081 posts, read 12,981,967 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HighPlainsDrifter73 View Post

I like a lot of the stuff that the History channel has been playing...
So do I, but I'm sick of the same old Nostradamus an UFO stuff.
I wish they would make up something new.
And, I wish the Hitler shows were in color.

Old 01-30-2008, 11:06 AM

2,377 posts, read 4,857,853 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fat Freddy View Post
So do I, but I'm sick of the same old Nostradamus an UFO stuff.
I wish they would make up something new.
And, I wish the Hitler shows were in color.
Why Hitler in color!!!

Old 01-31-2008, 06:10 AM

1,928 posts, read 4,634,943 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trudeyrose View Post
Why Hitler in color!!!
As crazy as this sounds, I know people who totally respect Hitler.

Old 01-31-2008, 06:45 AM

Looking back at what Fat Freddie said...I think I was mistaken...he said "the Hitler SHOWS" Not Hitler, himself...
I suppose there are those who respect Hitler...at the time not everyone saw the whole picture as the world does now.

Old 01-31-2008, 11:32 AM

5,081 posts, read 12,981,967 times
Default Hitler in Color

Germany under Hitler and the Nazis, is one of the most important and interesting periods in modern history. Understanding the social dynamic involved is absolutely essential if we, as a species, hope to evolve past our present primitive state.

Since mythology and ritual was such an important part of the Nazi appeal, it would be helpful to be able to see the symbols and rituals in their original colors.

It's not hard to understand how those mass rallies with the thousands of torches, uniforms, and nazi flags and banners could stir the fires of patriotic nationalism within the souls of the German citizens.

Old 01-31-2008, 12:13 PM

13,140 posts, read 36,749,565 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fat Freddy View Post
Since mythology and ritual was such an important part of the Nazi appeal, it would be helpful to be able to see the symbols and rituals in their original colors.

Here you go Fat Freddy as i found some filmage of the Nazi Germany in color as you were asking about.

YouTube - Nazi-Germany in color

Old 01-31-2008, 02:38 PM

It's not hard to understand how those mass rallies with the thousands of torches, uniforms, and nazi flags and banners could stir the fires of patriotic nationalism within the souls of the German citizens.[/quote]

Absolutly!!! And something the German people needed at that time..after the First War, and the economic and social conditions that existed at that time.
They wanted their pride back. And to regain their standing in the region. People did not know in the begining what a mad man he was.

Old 02-04-2008, 07:19 PM

4,135 posts, read 9,428,192 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Niners fan View Post
Depending who gets elected president I might be willing to believe that the world will end in 2012!
You might be right!!

Old 08-31-2008, 08:19 AM

5,121 posts, read 6,209,833 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trudeyrose View Post
People did not know in the begining what a mad man he was.

In the beginning, I dont believe he was a "madman". He certainly had an agenda, and used symbolism, and even bigotry, that may or may not have been genuine, to obtain the power to make the positive changes needed in his country. Over a period of time, by virtue of his being surrounded by people that initially believed in him, what he aspoused, and drugs prescribed by his "doctor", did the "madness" set in. His own dialectic became a self destructive machine that even he couldnt control. The more he tried to control it, the more it controlled him. I see interesting parallels even today.....

As for December 21, 2012, I'm sure I'll be doing some Christmas shopping. If something happens, hopefully it will be before I get to the checkout counter, so I dont die broke!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal