U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-07-2015, 08:00 PM

14,770 posts, read 15,202,676 times

Advertisements

This happened to me several times walking home from a friend's house in my neighborhood @ like, 2am. I was really high though so my super powers were amplified. And plus that light is haunted anyway..

Last edited by D217; 09-07-2015 at 08:08 PM..
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-07-2015, 09:05 PM

12,445 posts, read 12,347,343 times
Not a single person has EVER been able to demonstrate this ability to the point of being believable.

Old 09-07-2015, 10:54 PM

4,584 posts, read 4,508,795 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirt Grinder View Post
Not a single person has EVER been able to demonstrate this ability to the point of being believable.
And I've never seen car headlights do it either the sensor iz on top of the lamp.

Old 09-07-2015, 11:50 PM

7,050 posts, read 3,524,646 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JaxRhapsody View Post
And I've never seen car headlights do it either the sensor iz on top of the lamp.
Interesting. Where I lived any street light would do that at the critical time. The sensors must be facing down. Maybe so the direct sun wouldn't burn them out or perish the lenses or something. Whatever the reason was, they worked fine the way they were.

But of course that blows the shiny head theory in your parts.

Old 09-08-2015, 02:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 303Guy View Post
...You must have played around with an oscilloscope?...
Nope - I ain't got me no education. Smart folks like you always confuse me with them fancy words and scientific gadgets.

Old 09-09-2015, 12:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by animalcrazy View Post
I've never had that experience with street lights but at my old job we were all at the beside performing our various tasks for a new patient and all of a sudden the lights went off in the room leaving us all in total darkness. That room was the only room on the whole floor that had the lights turn off. The light switch was in the off position when someone went back and turned the lights on. That hospital had a lot of strange stories.
It is possible for a switch to turn itself off. This would be a random occurrence and indicates a dodgy switch. The switch may not have been 'fully on' or something so it could slowly reach a tipping point. It may warm up or it could be vibrations in the wall. It may only do that once or it may do it every now and then. I have experienced it more than once.

Old 09-09-2015, 08:23 PM

4,584 posts, read 4,508,795 times
Quote:
It is possible for a switch to turn itself off. This would be a random occurrence and indicates a dodgy switch. The switch may not have been 'fully on' or something so it could slowly reach a tipping point. It may warm up or it could be vibrations in the wall. It may only do that once or it may do it every now and then. I have experienced it more than once.
We have a few rooms at the bicycle co-op that have timers as switches.

Old 09-09-2015, 11:41 PM

Quote:
...My example of the calculator illustrates the sensitivity of electronic devices. You must have played around with an oscilloscope?...
I build robots and drones, and when an Electronic Speed Controller (ESC) goes bad on one of those things it shuts off way before it reaches the temperature at which it has been rated. I suppose someone walking by when that happens might think "Hey, I can make drones fall out of the sky."

Old 09-09-2015, 11:47 PM

I've been blamed for causing machine breakdowns because someone saw me walk past them before they failed. I wasn't being accused of witchcraft though, just plain sabotage! Yes I did walk past and up close because I was doing my routine checks. Machines do break down - that's why we were there. Likewise, electronic devises fail or play up.

Thinking about the electronics controlling street lights and fields that surround us, these devices have to be immune to rather substantial interference so what could a human do (and from some distance) to influence them? It's not inconceivable that walking past a mechanical light switch as it turns off if say the building was wood framed with wood floors and the switch was a bit dodgy. It might only happen with a particular individual simply because that individuals foot fall sets off a harmonic vibration that trips the dodgy switch. Could happen maybe say one in a million. Which is quite often given our population. Just saying.

So, if one street light goes of it's just a coincidence. If two go off it's still a coincidence but if it happens several times a week (or month even) to the same person in similar circumstances then there's something going on.

By the way, I've had light going of mysteriously (turned off on the wall). After some puzzling I've realized that it was me leaning on it accidentally! Not suggesting that's what happened in other cases but it was kinda mysterious until the cause was realized.

It seems I'm kinda agreeing with Dirt Grinder here!

Then again, I'm not ruling out other possible explanations.

Last edited by 303Guy; 09-10-2015 at 12:07 AM..

Old 09-10-2015, 07:02 AM

5,168 posts, read 3,609,573 times
Since this is a special power that some people posses why are they not filming it?

Better yet why are they not livestreaming it?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal