U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-02-2015, 01:27 PM

19,271 posts, read 22,952,344 times

Advertisements

Greer reminds me of that guy from The X-Files:

"And so, at each death, the soul descends further into the inner earth, attaining ever greater levels of purification, reaching... enlightenment at the core. Assuming, of course, that your soul is able to avoid... the lava men."

Seriously though. Why is it that the whole UFO phenomenon so often stumbles into New Agey weirdness?
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-03-2015, 05:26 AM

4,574 posts, read 4,057,027 times
Quote:
Why is it that the whole UFO phenomenon so often stumbles into New Agey weirdness?
It could be because the whole woo subject of UFOs means that people probably believe in the alien connection. That then opens up the possibility of New Age beliefs based on that alien connection. It really depends on how you define New Agey wierdness - Is it a religious thing or is it a hippie thing?

I can understand how a belief in UFOs being some kind of alien craft would bring about some serious religious questions which could not be answered satisfactorily by the religious authorities.

If it is a hippie thing, then I can see how a belief in aliens and UFOs would inspire a wish for greater galactic understanding and brotherhood, however, I cannot help thinking that we humans might not get such a good deal out of it.

Old 10-03-2015, 08:44 AM

5,168 posts, read 3,629,840 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirt Grinder View Post
Name one viable "alternative energy device" that has been "squashed" by "oil companies" and commandeered by "the government" for space programs.
Well he responded to another post and ignored yours. I guess we can forget about a response to a reasonable question.

Old 10-03-2015, 05:54 PM

5,829 posts, read 4,530,179 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Asgardian View Post
We will never know what alternative energy was created since most likely it is stopped by the petro-mafia who control the world.
When I was a kid in the 1950s there were the "magic pills" or "magic powder" you'd put into a gas tank to power your cars. Usually, it was some scam artist who was pitching his "invention" to investors. There were conspiracy stories back then that the Big Oil guys were suppressing the invention; in fact, it was just another bunch of con-men pulling a grift. These stories go back to the early days of the automobile, pre-WW1. Two things people have always liked: a fast buck, and a juicy conspiracy.

Old 10-05-2015, 02:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ocpaul20 View Post
It could be because the whole woo subject of UFOs means that people probably believe in the alien connection. That then opens up the possibility of New Age beliefs based on that alien connection. It really depends on how you define New Agey wierdness - Is it a religious thing or is it a hippie thing?
I mean why is it that so many see a possible craft or light in the sky that they cannot identify, then turn to meditation and astral projection and crystals and past lives and ancient astronauts and hollow Earth and all sorts of fruity-froo weirdness?

My friend and I once saw something in a lake that we could not identify. I didn't start trying to contact Atlantis on the astral plane or seeing mermaids throughout history and obscure Biblical passages. I don't think the Illuminati are secretly breeding aqua-men for an imminent world takeover.

I just do not understand the mental leap some people take on this kind of stuff.

Old 10-07-2015, 08:37 PM

4,574 posts, read 4,057,027 times
Quote:
My friend and I once saw something in a lake that we could not identify. I didn't start trying to contact Atlantis on the astral plane or seeing mermaids throughout history and obscure Biblical passages. I don't think the Illuminati are secretly breeding aqua-men for an imminent world takeover.
Maybe you should read up on undersea bases more.

There are patents, government reports, stories that quite a few governments have investigated underground and undersea bases, so it is not that much of a stretch to believe there are some. If there are these bases (and who knows where our governments have got to?) then your sighting as well as other sightings by other people all make sense.

As far as the astral plane goes, it is well documented that our governments have long experimented with remote viewing and that kind of thing which is bordering on astral travel. Biblical text can be interpreted milllions of ways by different groups.

Believing in the illuminati is a step in the right direction if you want to become a conspiracy theorist !
However, breeding aqua-men may be a little off, since it is probably more likely that there are aliens who breathe in water rather than ones who are used to our atmosphere mixture.

Old 10-12-2015, 12:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ocpaul20 View Post
Maybe you should read up on undersea bases more.
Thanks, but what we saw would have had nothing to do with anything like that. We saw a creature in a lake that should not be there.

I can't explain what we saw. I don't know what we saw. But I know we saw it.

But I have never once been tempted to take the leap into la la land because of it. I don't understand why so many in the UFO community do so.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal