Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-01-2015, 10:10 PM

15,479 posts, read 15,613,185 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sedimenjerry View Post
You figured it out. Antarctica doesn't actually exist. It's all just a ploy by the government.
Quote:
Originally Posted by D. Scott View Post
Bigfoot has a time share there. Its the only way he gets a break from all these groups, TV shows, who are constantly looking for him. Ol Biggie can sit and drink a case of Colt 45 in peace safe from prying eyes.
Oh come on! What's next Santa isn't real? The Tooth Fairy? Easter Bunny? Hansel and Gretel? Talk about ruining my life......oh and Bigfoot lives on my street...saw him last week on my way home for work.....or maybe it was a deer....nah I'm pretty sure it was Bigfoot.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-01-2015, 10:19 PM

11,022 posts, read 5,978,490 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ss20ts View Post
Bigfoot lives on my street...saw him last week on my way home for work.....or maybe it was a deer....nah I'm pretty sure it was Bigfoot.
You got a blurry and indistinct photo to prove that?

Old 10-02-2015, 03:32 AM

6,931 posts, read 6,865,664 times
yes, I always forget that polar bears are not in Antarctica.

Old 10-02-2015, 03:38 AM

45,337 posts, read 60,512,994 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by el_marto View Post
Does it not shift and change regularly because it's just ice, melting and freezing? Or maybe there's a Thing buried under the ice... sleeping... waiting...

Shhh. The Great Old Ones do not have a sense of humor.

Old 10-02-2015, 07:43 AM

13,754 posts, read 13,310,798 times
This might be off-topic but I thought is was one of the coolest things ever. I was a Naval Aviation instructor (Environmental/Egress/AME) and there were 9 weeks of training in our school. I often taught the 8th unit during which the students were given their orders which FINALLY told them where they'd be spending the next few years. One of the female Navy students got the Antarctic. She walked around in a total stupor for a while but I was really excited for her and tried to get her motivated about it. I think of her periodically and wonder how that went for her.

I think there are blurred out areas around military/gov't operations, aren't there? As if to say "nunya".

Old 10-02-2015, 07:45 AM

13,754 posts, read 13,310,798 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ss20ts View Post
Oh come on! What's next Santa isn't real? The Tooth Fairy? Easter Bunny? Hansel and Gretel? Talk about ruining my life......oh and Bigfoot lives on my street...saw him last week on my way home for work.....or maybe it was a deer....nah I'm pretty sure it was Bigfoot.
Hansel and Gretel is just a fable.

Old 10-02-2015, 08:49 AM

5,162 posts, read 4,484,998 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocpaul20 View Post
haha - plenty of spy satellites up there. What would be the economic justification of photographing the many square miles and miles of desert, but I bet there are images you can zoom in on a camel or a wadi. Show me a satellite image of a penguin colony, that would be interesting.
Do you have a list of them? What are they spying on?

Perhaps you are not aware of the relativity large amount of conflicts in the desert compared to those in Antarctica?

Also, from your past posts I know you rely heavily on information provided by sources you do not trust, most especially those of the picture book variety, yet you still use those images.

I personally do not rely on sources I do not trust nor do I rely totally on pictures. Many, if not the vast majority of books I read do not even have pictures.

Instead of relying on groups you do not trust perhaps you should start launching your own satellites so that we all can have a trusted source.

Also can you explain the jump from no pictures to:

Old 10-02-2015, 09:01 AM

16,289 posts, read 32,333,368 times
If you have maps of Antarctica then you would have proof that global warming is not happening. LOL

Old 10-02-2015, 09:16 AM

78,347 posts, read 60,539,645 times
Sadly, the OP decides that google earth is the best source for such pictures and the lack of clarity is a sinister plot.

When instead presented with a better source for such photos....having already bought into a sinister plot mentally....they are unable to accept them and instead dismiss them as some sort of trick.

This thread should be moved to the psychology forum.

Old 10-02-2015, 09:30 AM

5,162 posts, read 4,484,998 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
Sadly, the OP decides that google earth is the best source for such pictures and the lack of clarity is a sinister plot.

When instead presented with a better source for such photos....having already bought into a sinister plot mentally....they are unable to accept them and instead dismiss them as some sort of trick.

This thread should be moved to the psychology forum.
I agree. I would welcome the OP to tell us what is Unexplained, a Mystery or Paranormal even if the OP's original premise is true.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal