Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-03-2015, 10:17 AM

5,162 posts, read 4,483,879 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happy in Wyoming View Post
The fact that an alien spaceship probably crashed at Roswell doesn't mean that aliens are under every rock and in every remote cave.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-03-2015, 11:01 AM

6,324 posts, read 4,320,590 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Guard View Post
Von Brown? VON BROWN? LOL! OK, you are just a gem and now I am sure you are just doing this for our amusement. Show me one source that Von Brown was given immunity to work in the USA and went on to to develop rockets. ONE VALID SOURCE. Now Wernher von Braun was a German scientist that came over and worked for the US. But that is to be expected when a country defeats another country. The victor studies the defeated, they open the country up like a nut and take what they wish. The US also studied the Japanese Zero. That does not make it an alien spaceship.
Well ... "immunity" may not be the best word to use there, but I know what that poster was getting at. Those scientists who were brought over to America under Operation Paperclip were not tried for war crimes (even though Von Braun was instrumental in using slave labor in places like Peenemunde and Dora).

However, some scientists were eventually deported or put on trial ... one who worked closely with von Braun whose name escapes me, was stripped of his U.S. citizenship.

So they weren't given "immunity," per se, but many of them were granted a "Get Out Of Jail Free" card.

Old 10-03-2015, 11:09 AM

102,183 posts, read 107,790,902 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Guard View Post
"Almost" triangle shaped? Is that like "almost pregnant"? Is this more unusual because it is "almost" triangle shaped as opposed to actually being triangle shaped? These pictures are "almost" proof.

Proof of what I do not know but I would suspect it is more proof of something that is not in Antarctica than something that is in Antarctica.
Proof of photoshop.

Old 10-03-2015, 11:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shirina View Post
Well ... "immunity" may not be the best word to use there, but I know what that poster was getting at. Those scientists who were brought over to America under Operation Paperclip were not tried for war crimes (even though Von Braun was instrumental in using slave labor in places like Peenemunde and Dora).

However, some scientists were eventually deported or put on trial ... one who worked closely with von Braun whose name escapes me, was stripped of his U.S. citizenship.

So they weren't given "immunity," per se, but many of them were granted a "Get Out Of Jail Free" card.
I really think that Von Braun was small time compared to the members of Japanese Unit 731 who were granted immunity and I would argue that Von Braun did more for this country and science in general.

Unit 731, including the immunity, is well documented and there are many reputable sources. I think the first time I ever heard of the unit was while reading Embracing Defeat by John W. Dowe.

Old 10-03-2015, 01:29 PM

8,610 posts, read 7,888,561 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocpaul20 View Post
These features are the reason I am looking for clear satellite images of Antarctica and is the reason for my other thread. So far I have only Google map images to base my opinion on and to be sure about this, I need to see other images of the same areas.

As we all probably know, starting in 1947, Rear Admiral Richard E. Byrd, Jr. had a few interesting experiences in Antarctica and so it is possible what he experienced was not a trick of light or snow blindness but actual events happening as he reported them. If so, then we are ignoring a huge issue which would change the way we look at this bleak frosty continent forever.

I would like you to consider some strange lake-shaped features in the Antarctican landscape which could be something other than lakes. I will show pictures of two such 'lakes' below and if you are interested you can use Google Maps to have a look for yourself as I have given the co-ordinates. This could be a real unexplained mystery or it could be just a couple of lakes, you decide. One thing I will say is that Antarctica does have some lakes which are liquid water in the summer months so not everything there is ice and rock.

The first one is unusually almost triangle shaped is at 66deg 33min 13.74secs South, 99deg 50minutes 18.38 secs East

The second one right in the centre of this image is not that far away at 66deg 36mins 13.82secs South, 99deg 43mins 13.63secs East. To me it looks as if it has a metal overhanging cover on the right hand side, but that maybe an optical illusion.

To help you decide, I have included a standard Antarctic lake with water flowing in from one end and flowing out of the other and some partially melted ice water near to the edges. Not sure where I found this one. It seems to me that the water nearest the middle in lakes is the last to melt but I am sure most of you have seen frozen lakes and know about these things better than I do.

This is the plot for a new wacky show on FOX this season, right? "The X Files" needed a reboot and this was the best they could do?
With a story like this NASA is wasting time on MARS as we surely have ETs on Antarctica.

"Futurama" made more sense.

Old 10-03-2015, 06:56 PM

6,931 posts, read 6,864,193 times
OK, so it was Wernher von Braun. As Shirina says, you knew who I meant, so it really doesn't matter that much. I am not judging whether anyone should have been used by the USA/Allies for science advancement. Anyway, I think it is fairly well-known and accepted that the Germans were making 'flying saucers' by the end of WWII and it is only natural that the USA and other allies should take over this research. I also think many of the UFOs we see these days are probably black project Earth-based craft.

Old Guard
Quote:
WHAT? So you are saying you know what a flying saucer is shaped like, you know what an advanced civilizations spacecraft look like. Please elaborate. We await this history changing information.
Flying saucers are shaped like saucers - upside down, thats why someone coined the phrase.

From this website page here
Quote:
Kammler transferred Gen. Dornberger and Wernher von Braun into the Wasserfall anti-aircraft rocket program in late 1944. Meanwhile, work continued on the Schriever-Miethe V-7 flying disc. With help from another mystical group, the Thule Gesellschaft, the project developed a craft called the Haunebu-1. This saucer "had a 25-meter diameter, a speed of 4,800 kilometers per hour (3,000 miles per hour) and carried a crew of nine men."

In November 1943, a second saucer, the Haunebu-2, was built, slightly larger and could travel 6,000 kilometres per hour (3,600 miles per hour) for fifty-five hours.

A year later, in early December 1944, Gruppe Kammler unveiled its showpiece, the Haunebu-3, which "had a diameter of 71 meters (234 feet), and could reach a speed of 40,000 kilometers per hour (25,000 miles per hour)" and remain in space "for up to eight weeks, carrying a crew of 32 men.
Quote:
Well actually there is doubt, because they were not. They were working on some advanced avionics designs for airplanes but not saucer shaped space craft.
So now you can provide us with evidence that this is in doubt please. I have posted one such piece about German flying saucers designs.

From Wikipedia
Quote:
German UFO literature very often conforms largely to documented history on the following points:

The Third Reich claimed the territory of New Swabia in Antarctica, sent an expedition there in 1938, and planned others.
The Third Reich conducted research into advanced propulsion technology, including rocketry, Viktor Schauberger's engine research, flying wing craft and the Arthur Sack A.S.6 experimental circular winged aircraft.
Some UFO sightings during World War II, particularly those known as foo fighters, were thought by the Allies to be prototype enemy aircraft designed to harass Allied aircraft through electromagnetic disruption; a technology similar to today's electromagnetic pulse (EMP) weapons

Old 10-03-2015, 07:09 PM

45,319 posts, read 60,500,026 times
Too much Lovecraft.

Old 10-03-2015, 10:13 PM

34,993 posts, read 16,964,237 times
Quote:
I would like you to consider some strange lake-shaped features in the Antarctican landscape which could be something other than lakes. I will show pictures of two such 'lakes' below and if you are interested you can use Google Maps to have a look for yourself as I have given the co-ordinates. This could be a real unexplained mystery or it could be just a couple of lakes, you decide. One thing I will say is that Antarctica does have some lakes which are liquid water in the summer months so not everything there is ice and rock.

To help you decide, I have included a standard Antarctic lake with water flowing in from one end and flowing out of the other and some partially melted ice water near to the edges. Not sure where I found this one. It seems to me that the water nearest the middle in lakes is the last to melt but I am sure most of you have seen frozen lakes and know about these things better than I do.
Are they swimmable?

Old 10-04-2015, 09:48 AM

Quote:
OK, so it was Wernher von Braun. As Shirina says, you knew who I meant, so it really doesn't matter that much.
No. It absolutely matters. It shows your knowledge level of the subject you are speaking about and it shows how much you care about it. A serious person, making serious claims would not make that mistake.
Quote:
I am not judging whether anyone should have been used by the USA/Allies for science advancement. Anyway, I think it is fairly well-known and accepted that the Germans were making 'flying saucers' by the end of WWII and it is only natural that the USA and other allies should take over this research. I also think many of the UFOs we see these days are probably black project Earth-based craft.
I am not saying that the Germans were not designing flying disks. What I am saying is that they were not designing space ships shaped like saucers, which is the only way this is pertinent. They actually had a reason to because they were concerned with aerodynamics, which is not something that spaceships have to concern themselves with. Especially ones that do not use our known systems of propulsion.
Quote:
Old Guard
Flying saucers are shaped like saucers - upside down, thats why someone coined the phrase.
OK. So your contention is that Aliens use saucer shaped space ship? Now let's see the proof.
Quote:
So now you can provide us with evidence that this is in doubt please. I have posted one such piece about German flying saucers designs.
Nice, and necessary, edit of my statement. I am not saying that the Germans were not designing saucer shaped aircraft. I am saying that the Germans were not designing saucer shaped SPACE CRAFT.
Quote:
Yeah, there are not many people who believe that this loose collection of facts = ALIENS!

A lot of these facts when looked at are dead ends. They do not mean what you are trying to say they mean.

You do not even try to back up some of your statements like "Admiral Byrd reported an encounetr with a race of aliens in Antarctica, so was he having a breakdown or was he (as a naval admiral) a credible witness?". Where is your source? You use this as "proof" of what you are trying to say and provide no credible source.

A person who strongly believe what you are saying would have no problem being able to back it up.

Old 10-04-2015, 11:26 AM

5,462 posts, read 9,631,116 times
Quote:
OK, so it was Wernher von Braun. As Shirina says, you knew who I meant, so it really doesn't matter that much. I am not judging whether anyone should have been used by the USA/Allies for science advancement. Anyway, I think it is fairly well-known and accepted that the Germans were making 'flying saucers' by the end of WWII and it is only natural that the USA and other allies should take over this research. I also think many of the UFOs we see these days are probably black project Earth-based craft.

From Wikipedia
The US and Canada worked on a similar project, but after numerous modifications, it remained too unstable for any practical purposes. Ultimately it was little more than a hard to control hovercraft and the project was finally scrapped. Perhaps the Nazis were trying to build something similar, but I suspect their results would have been just as bad.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Avro_Canada_VZ-9_Avrocar

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cjWHrPYvUo0

Here's a video claiming a NAZI flying saucer from 1939. It does get a bit of altitude, although no where nearly high enough to compete with any traditional aircraft at the time. It makes a very impressive landing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8-vGrhQY5TE
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal