U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-22-2016, 08:28 AM

6,754 posts, read 4,391,526 times

Advertisements

This seemed to be the most appropriate place to put this thread (correct me if I am wrong). For like the last decade or so I noticed for some odd reason I tend to look at clocks (digital clocks) at the exact same time day or night. I do not wear a watch. I do not follow a rigid schedule or have anything special to do at this random time or have an obsessive habit of checking the time (... believe me I am always shamelessly late for things). Anyone else ever have this happen to them? I have heard of this in terms of hauntings, but the time is not the stereotypical time which these types of events occur ex around 3:00 am. For me it is 9:11 am or pm. The only symbolism of this digits 911 to me personally are thoughts of emergency (as this is the number to dial) and my father was born on Sept 11. My father is alive so it is not his ghost trying to send to a message. For me it would not have anything to do with thoughts of terrorism or anxiety/ fear related to this type of situation as I live in Canada and did not personally know anyone involved in that tragic event. Anyone else have this type of experience with this kind of odd occurrence?
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-22-2016, 12:12 PM

21,421 posts, read 10,973,903 times
yes I know someone says it is usually 9:11 when he looks at digital clocks.. thats weird

Old 01-27-2016, 11:08 AM

67,778 posts, read 63,258,811 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by klmrocks View Post
This seemed to be the most appropriate place to put this thread (correct me if I am wrong). For like the last decade or so I noticed for some odd reason I tend to look at clocks (digital clocks) at the exact same time day or night. I do not wear a watch. I do not follow a rigid schedule or have anything special to do at this random time or have an obsessive habit of checking the time (... believe me I am always shamelessly late for things). Anyone else ever have this happen to them? I have heard of this in terms of hauntings, but the time is not the stereotypical time which these types of events occur ex around 3:00 am. For me it is 9:11 am or pm. The only symbolism of this digits 911 to me personally are thoughts of emergency (as this is the number to dial) and my father was born on Sept 11. My father is alive so it is not his ghost trying to send to a message. For me it would not have anything to do with thoughts of terrorism or anxiety/ fear related to this type of situation as I live in Canada and did not personally know anyone involved in that tragic event. Anyone else have this type of experience with this kind of odd occurrence?
For as long as I can remember, I look at the clock at 2:40 in the afternoon. I can be in a store, suddenly wonder what time it is, look for a clock, and it is 2:40. It happens so frequently that I think nothing of it except "of course".

The only thing I can think of is that it may be that back in high school, that was the time school got out. I am not sure, though, and I wonder how that would stick with me for the next forty years.

Oh, and let me introduce myself. I am the Mighty Queen, and I am a survivor of the WTC attacks on 9/11/2001, in One WTC when AA11 slammed into us. So see? Now you do know someone! But I don't look at the clock at 9:11. I look at 2:40!

Old 01-27-2016, 12:54 PM

10,942 posts, read 12,347,833 times
Yes, it's easy to explain. It's called confirmation bias. You undoubtedly look or glance at a clock many more times in a day than you realize, but when it happens to be at the time you are conscious of you say to yourself, "Look, 9:11 again," never paying attention to the times you happen to look at the clock and it's not 9:11 but 2:43, 1:15, or any other time.

Old 02-02-2016, 02:12 PM

29,194 posts, read 28,266,542 times
My nephew explained that to me. Mine were 3:33 and 4:44. Now it's my birthday.

Old 02-02-2016, 07:03 PM

5,799 posts, read 4,517,316 times
Our internal clocks are much more accurate than most people realize. If a number like 3:33 or 9:11 either has meaning or we're focused on it for some reason, we'll be more likely to look at the clock at that time because our internal clock knows what time it is.

Human Biological Clock Set Back an Hour

Old 02-02-2016, 07:20 PM

19,286 posts, read 25,857,837 times
mine was the witching hour...

and waking up at night,,,i seem to have an uncanny ability to guess the exact time,, or be within 3 minutes

Old 02-02-2016, 08:20 PM

1,138 posts, read 830,441 times
Someone upstairs wants your attention is my belief. My time is 4:21 -- for years.
It.s more interesting to think it's a spiritual thing rather than "Confirmation Bias" : so I guess I have a bias, just not a confirmation bias.
An I.m not a super religious person, either.
I.d be a hair concerned if "MY time" was 9:11. Are you sure everything is okay in your life?
Life can be so droll, yet so interesting if we just open our minds a titch!

Old 02-03-2016, 04:04 AM

569 posts, read 436,889 times
OP: I know what you mean. I do those things, too. I guess everybody wakes up in a certain time in the mornings.

Last time, I money ordered a book for the prize of $9.11 from Amazon, ever since then Amazon.com cancelled the money orderings. And it only accepted the bank transferings from the U.S. bank accounts.

I know what your problem is. It was that you were in a point of the fullness. If you want to cope with your mentioned problem, find something else to focus on. Some people converted to Judaism, and some people to some weired things. Personally, I became a personal stalker of you guess who...........

Anyway, I focus on my manual laboring job now. And a rich celebrity from the news is focusing on raising his children. And the IS president is focusing on waging "the jihads".

Old 02-04-2016, 06:40 PM

109 posts, read 57,937 times
Mine is 9:14. Happens often. I had a Porsche 914 Sports car years ago and really enjoyed it. 'figured it was my own unconscious mind telling me to get another one. It's my birthday as well...

TU
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal