U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-26-2016, 04:36 PM

18,157 posts, read 8,236,486 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tobiashen View Post
I don't, either. You have my sympathies. I don't know the answer to your question, but I don't think you should be made sport of.
^Well put!
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-26-2016, 04:52 PM

16,224 posts, read 23,710,361 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tobiashen View Post
I don't, either. You have my sympathies. I don't know the answer to your question, but I don't think you should be made sport of.
Well, that's kind of what I was thinking, but then again, this world is full of skeptics.

I am happy that we can "see" with an open mind. We are blessed!!!

Old 01-26-2016, 05:38 PM

3,960 posts, read 5,044,994 times
Sorry for your loss. I see feathers, but never think anything is strange...I have kitties and kitties have toys with feathers. I'd love it if those I've lost would leave messages now. Did have what could have been messages from the other side many years ago, but it wasn't something left lying around.

Old 01-26-2016, 05:39 PM

10,713 posts, read 5,929,814 times
It doesn't have to be feathers; there are other signs. You'll know them when you see them!

Old 01-26-2016, 07:03 PM

6,487 posts, read 7,601,400 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mainebrokerman View Post
this is john Edward a medium.... a reading involving a feather
LOL, he's a fake...and not a very good one at that.

Old 01-27-2016, 06:23 AM

19,313 posts, read 26,029,620 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yankeegirl313 View Post
Well, that's kind of what I was thinking, but then again, this world is full of skeptics.

I am happy that we can "see" with an open mind. We are blessed!!!

my neighbor had three young kids...

their cat got splattered in the road . (tragically)

the mother and father told the kids the beloved cat ran off..and he may not be back, so they get another cat and the kids are fine,, and they keep this new cat inside

this is ten times more comforting than seeing the cats guts all over the road (the kids)

this is how I see the naysayers...they would be the relatives that would tell the kids their cat got splattered all over the road....the kids would start crying,,,and the relative is thinking "im right, no use lying to the kids" (because selfishly my point of view to the world is more important than anyone elses) .

if the feather gives comfort than more power to it

I mean my god, we lie to kids about santa claus and easter bunnies... and most are fine with this (which I am)
but in a lonely solemn moment, when someone NEEDS comfort,, why not offer it?????
why do the naysayers and leg humpers...find it sooooooo necessary to dump all over it,,just because they are close minded and don't believe????

even by chance if they are "right" do you approach hurting people in a car accident and say "you will probly die"?? or would you say a prayer with that person if It brings comfort. or faith that they will live??... to keep their spirits up??

yankeegirl,,,do what you think is right and comforting

Old 01-27-2016, 06:59 AM

10,713 posts, read 5,929,814 times
Quote:

the mother and father told the kids the beloved cat ran off..and he may not be back, so they get another cat and the kids are fine,, and they keep this new cat inside

this is ten times more comforting than seeing the cats guts all over the road (the kids)

this is how I see the naysayers...they would be the relatives that would tell the kids their cat got splattered all over the road....the kids would start crying,,,and the relative is thinking "im right, no use lying to the kids" (because selfishly my point of view to the world is more important than anyone elses) .

I mean my god, we lie to kids about santa claus and easter bunnies... and most are fine with this (which I am)
but in a lonely solemn moment, when someone NEEDS comfort,, why not offer it?????
why do the naysayers and leg humpers...find it sooooooo necessary to dump all over it,,just because they are close minded and don't believe????

even by chance if they are "right" do you approach hurting people in a car accident and say "you will probly die"?? or would you say a prayer with that person if It brings comfort. or faith that they will live??... to keep their spirits up??

Very patronizing. And insulting. I gather you people are here to DEBUNK unexplained mysteries; is that it?

Old 01-27-2016, 07:21 AM

3,718 posts, read 3,176,051 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hljc View Post
I seen two of God Holy Messenger Angels back some twelve years ago and their wings were pure white , like a doves wings , but there feathers where spirit and the angels disappeared right before my eyes , so these feathers were spirit , and the angel did not have natural feathers which could be left behind ........... I also see a large devil bat about 10 feet high , but it did not have any feathers but hair like a bat , and this was a spirit fallen angel and a devil to be sure .........Got Jesus on my life today so this 10 foot bat angel devil will not be back near here ever again .........
Really?

Old 01-27-2016, 12:04 PM

10,999 posts, read 12,445,002 times
Quote:

I understand what you're saying, but the parents in your scenario didn't try to palm the new cat off as exactly the same as the old one.

"Naysayers and leg humpers" as a term for people who won't believe something without evidence. That's a new one on me.

Old 01-27-2016, 03:36 PM

19,313 posts, read 26,029,620 times
this is the unexplained mysteries and paranormal forum..

why do half the posters(non believers) here that dismiss anything unexplained and mysterious,,,even here????

there are hundreds of forums for hundreds of interests...

if I go on the vegan forum and give an anti-vegan opinion I get dinged for "trolling"

the original poster...obviously is going thru a tragic and sensitive time with a family member...
whats the upside of throwing cold water on this?? to sound like the smartest guy in the room??

my god,,,,,im sure there are many many that don't or wont even post ,,,,because they are afraid of being ridiculed...
this should be a forum of people with common interests of the unexplained,,,if you doubters are soooo adamant about correcting anyone with faith/belief then make up your own forum of "non believers"

and I guarantee those of us that might believe there's more to this world than we can see,,,,will not visit YOUR forum and dismiss your posts,,or ridicule what you write

we will have that respect for you....

if you must try to "right" someone,,,then go into the politics forums... and have at it

ive lost too many family and friends thru the years,,,,have been to too many funerals..
and most of the living family,,,want to believe "they are in a better place" it is comforting to them..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal