U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-28-2016, 06:22 PM

13,625 posts, read 22,251,933 times

Advertisements

I got one. My dad used to take my Barbie shoes, because I wasn't careful with them, and he'd get up I the middle of the night, step on one and hurt his foot. He died in 1981.

Where we live now, we have very few kids, and the kids we have around are boys.

A week ago, while vacuuming, I found a Barbie shoe. A pink (my favorite color) Barbie shoe.

Made me smile.
Rate this post positively Quick reply to this message

Old 01-28-2016, 10:49 PM

36,764 posts, read 12,218,611 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AFtrEFkt View Post
I love that word. Doubloon. I used to buy "doubloons" — that were really foil-wrapped chocolates — from quarter dispensers.

I always liked that word, too. They were always talking about doubloons on one of the Mickey Mouse Club shows. Lol, maybe it was Spin and Marty.

Old 01-28-2016, 10:56 PM

3,299 posts, read 2,084,548 times
My dad believed finding pennies 'heads up' was lucky. As he aged, my brothers and I would occasionally walk a little ahead of him and 'seed' the ground when he wasn't watching.

Old 01-28-2016, 11:35 PM

17,617 posts, read 8,023,150 times
Well...I do have a story but it wasn't a penny I found. A year after our daughter went off to college, she decided to quit and without going into details, she went off the rails for a while. It was a hard time for my husband and myself. We have an extra bedroom that we use as a home office. Recently, I had done some deep cleaning in there---cleaning up clutter off the desk, vacuuming the floors, etc.

A couple of months later, I was sitting at the computer and happened to look down at the floor by the desk and the floor lamp and I found one of those Valentine candy hearts that have messages on it. I picked it up and read it. It said "true love". I have no idea as to where it came from. When I find things that seem out of place, I first think of all the logical reasons as to why it was there. Our daughter used to like to buy those around Valentine's Day. Since she hadn't been home in a while, and I had done a thorough cleaning of the room...

I saved and still have that candy heart plus I've never found another one since. At the time, I had a friend who was intuitive. I showed her what I found and said there must be a logical explanation, she said "No, it was a message". In fact, she was so moved by it that she got tears in her eyes.

Old 02-01-2016, 04:37 PM

76 posts, read 72,271 times
Right after we moved into our home several years ago, we would find pennies in places that looked as if they were purposely placed there (e.g. In the middle of a stair, on the fireplace mantel, at the front door, etc). For the first few years we found these so often I started joking we had a friendly penny ghost in the house. I assumed maybe a previous owner had a death in the family or close loved one pass, as I couldn't relate it to anyone I had known. We also weren't prone to carrying around lots of change, especially pennies. The pennies tapered off a lot after 4 years or so, so I think the person may have moved on : ) I never did notice if they were heads up or down--it never occurred to me at the time to note that detail.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal